• You cannot reply to this topic

118 sign up

#21 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:58 PM

In as a low poster again...

(kitchen is getting installed this coming week and I'm working 12 hour nights so expecting very little time, or sleep)
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#22 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:18 AM

So you already move in? How you liking your new place?

I'm also in.
No Touchy.

#23 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:27 AM

I'm tossing my hat in the ring for Mod Helper, if needed. Out if not. I've tried to get on as Mod Help a couple different times, but wasn't needed. I'd like the insight from the Admin Side. Got a few different games, all at only about half done, but my next step to being able to start tweaking any of them is getting in and helping Mod.

Got bored with playing for a while there, and really want to start running my own games.

This post has been edited by Brujah: 30 November 2014 - 07:31 AM

And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#24 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostBrujah, on 30 November 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

I'm tossing my hat in the ring for Mod Helper, if needed. Out if not. I've tried to get on as Mod Help a couple different times, but wasn't needed. I'd like the insight from the Admin Side. Got a few different games, all at only about half done, but my next step to being able to start tweaking any of them is getting in and helping Mod.

Got bored with playing for a while there, and really want to start running my own games.

I think you just volunteered to run this game with Veng helping.

:unsure:
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#25 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:46 AM

I'm in of course
That psychotic black dwarf with an afro?

#26 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

I figure I'll give this sign up thread another week, and see where things are at. If I don't have my 14 minimum, then I'll run a less complex game.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#27 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

So post what the game is about in the OP, and I will direct some people here.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#28 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

I need at least 14 players to run it properly (though I can handled up to 16 without too much trouble, and more with a little bit of rejigging).

Korra 2 is based off Season 2 of Legend of Korra - knowledge of the show is not necessary to play the game, everything is based around normal(ish) game mechanics, so you should have everything you need to win the game in your Game Alt profile. However, it's going to be an extremely complex game. Everyone has abilities. Everyone has both General Victory Conditions and Personal Victory Conditions. Personal Victory conditions should serve to enhance the game, and can affect certain outcomes of the game.

Much like the first Korra game, this will be both a town vs. scum and a faction game. At its root, it's town vs. scum - Korra and the rest of the good guys vs. Unalaq and his kids, which will eventually morph into everyone vs. the Dark Avatar. And there are independent roles. However, the Personal Victory Conditions will put members of each team at odds with each other, so even though you're working with someone to meet the general victory conditions, you may be working against that same person when it comes to your Personal Victory Conditions. Personal Victory Conditions should not affect General Victory Conditions.

The fun part of Korra is that EVERYONE has abilities. Furthermore, in this version, there are locations, and so there will be a movement phase between Day and Night phases as well.

The characters you'll find in this game are as follows:

Korra - The Avatar
Mako - Firebender
Bolin - Earthbender
Asami - CEO of Future Industries
Unalaq - Korra's uncle, Chief of the Northern Water Tribe, waterbender
Eska - Unalaq's daughter, waterbender
Desna - Unalaq's son, waterbender
Tonraq - Korra's father, waterbender
Varrick - Businessman
Zhu Li - Varrick's assistant
Tenzin - Avatar Aang's son, airbender
Bumi - Avatar Aang's son, non-bender, military background
Kya - Avatar Aang's daughter, waterbender
Jinora - Tenzin's oldest daughter
Ikki - Tenzin's second daughter, extremely locquacious
Meelo - Tenzin's first son, extremely mischievous

-----------

Ikki and Meelo are optional characters, so we can play with just 14, as I said, but no less.

So what do people think? Any interest?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#29 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

I have sent out a PM to every member of High House Mafia that is not currently regular on the forums. It'd be nice if only a couple of them come back for a game or two.

#30 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:16 PM

I would be happy to play a more "normal" game, but the complex high TDMI of this game tells me to stay away. I am also not terribly interested in the theme, but mostly it's just a time thing.

Thanks for the special invite, I will get in on the next one.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#31 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

Well people know my grumpy old man approach to these new fangled high tmdi games and themes that I don't know or care about.
So I'm out, and get off my fucking lawn!

On a more serious note, my online is really restricted now, crap signal at work, and not a lot of time in the morning/ evenings to play.
I could possibly play in a basic SLOW game. By slow I mean fucking slow, anyone posting more than 7/8 times in a real life day should be flogged slow.

#32 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

But thanks tatts, its always nice to be remembered, I still go look at the last two pages of numbers mafia now and again and giggle at gustys 'what?'

Ah, there we go

This post has been edited by Macros: 01 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

#33 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

DEAL ME IN BABY
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#34 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

New member going to be in this game guys. Andorion, so welcome him in as we do.

#35 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

So signing up for this, but be warned, never played before, so total noob (In fact I am not even sure what 'this' is). Will read the big game description post upthread. Also if I have any questions who do I ask and do I post or PM?

#36 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostAndorion, on 02 December 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

So signing up for this, but be warned, never played before, so total noob (In fact I am not even sure what 'this' is). Will read the big game description post upthread. Also if I have any questions who do I ask and do I post or PM?

There is always a Mod that will oversee the game. His alt is usually known as Path-Shaper. You can talk as much as you want off thread to him, and ask him a billion questions and he'll try his best to answer them all.

#37 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

Ask any of us here before the game begins, once you receive youir alt ask your questions in PM to path-shaper, and try to hide the fact that you are new on thread. Not because people will kill you or ignore you, but because people will manipulate you to their own benefit. It's going to be fun :unsure:

Common abbreviations;

CI - confirmed innocent
RI - roleless innocent
PI - probably innocent
CF - corpse find (this is the details we get about a deceased player from PS)
WCS - worst case scenario, describes the state of the game as if everything has gone wrong, typically used around;
D-day - the last day of the game one side is going to win and one is going to lose depending on the outcome of it
PS - Path-shaper
NK - night kill, scum action that kills a member of town at night "Serc was NKed"
vig - a vigilante, a vig is a town version of a night kill "Serc was hit by a vig"
lover connection - two players (or more!) who can communicate with each other off-thread.
symp - sympathiser, a scum role that tries to introduce the scum to each other if they don't know already, tries to muddy up the thread and divert attention away from the scum killers
WIFOM - wine in front of me, describes someone overthinking something using reasoning that can be used to "prove" anything it comes from a quote from the princess bride. Typically frowned upon, most commonly used by new players discussing night kills.

#38 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 02 December 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

There is always a Mod that will oversee the game. His alt is usually known as Path-Shaper. You can talk as much as you want off thread to him, and ask him a billion questions and he'll try his best to answer them all.

He OR she, you sexist pig! We'll need to send you on a re-education course, Tatts. Again.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#39 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostInane Babble, on 02 December 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Ask any of us here before the game begins, once you receive youir alt ask your questions in PM to path-shaper, and try to hide the fact that you are new on thread. Not because people will kill you or ignore you, but because people will manipulate you to their own benefit. It's going to be fun :unsure:

Common abbreviations;

CI - confirmed innocent
RI - roleless innocent
PI - probably innocent
CF - corpse find (this is the details we get about a deceased player from PS)
WCS - worst case scenario, describes the state of the game as if everything has gone wrong, typically used around;
D-day - the last day of the game one side is going to win and one is going to lose depending on the outcome of it
PS - Path-shaper
NK - night kill, scum action that kills a member of town at night "Serc was NKed"
vig - a vigilante, a vig is a town version of a night kill "Serc was hit by a vig"
lover connection - two players (or more!) who can communicate with each other off-thread.
symp - sympathiser, a scum role that tries to introduce the scum to each other if they don't know already, tries to muddy up the thread and divert attention away from the scum killers
WIFOM - wine in front of me, describes someone overthinking something using reasoning that can be used to "prove" anything it comes from a quote from the princess bride. Typically frowned upon, most commonly used by new players discussing night kills.

CF is coroner find, to my knowledge. Not that it actually matters ;)

#40 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Welcome! Always good to have new blood :unsure:

IB, Unfound, you're hereby promoted from 'regular - apprentice level' to 'regular - journeyman level'.

ADL, you're now regular - apprentice level, promoted from 'old noob'. Congratulations!

Nico - you're now the new old noob.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 02 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users