Star Wars: Rebels / Resistance

#521 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:05 PM

View PostD, on 10 November 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

Alright, updated.

Thanks D'rek.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#522 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

Re-Watch! Only on ep 3 of S1, but it's nice to see some of the groundwork they are already laying for future revelations! Man, this show was so damned good.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#523 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:45 PM

Started the REBELS catch-up by rewatching the S2 finale. Fuck me like a Porg Pot Pie but that is a well done episode. Everything... Maul's mind games, the clashes with the Inquisitors, Vader, Ahsoka... it never quite crosses the line from 'older kid' to full blown adult but wow it gets close.

SO psyched to watch S3 and 4 now.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#524 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:24 PM

It's going to get a lot more attention now I guess. Which it deserves!

I'm into season 2. To me, there are no 'filler'episodes. They all have something of significance. Just watching Hera and Kanan early on is worthwhile.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#525 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:48 PM

View PostTraveller, on 13 November 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

I'm into season 2. To me, there are no 'filler'episodes. They all have something of significance. Just watching Hera and Kanan early on is worthwhile.

I agree. TCW had tonnes of filler eps but everything on REBELS felt like it was serving the overall story and characters...even when it seemed like much lighter fare.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#526 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:56 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 November 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 13 November 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

I agree. TCW had tonnes of filler eps but everything on REBELS felt like it was serving the overall story and characters...even when it seemed like much lighter fare.

No episode of Rebels exemplifies this more (to me) than the purrgil/fuel run episode in S3. If I'd been waiting for an episode a week instead of binging the series, that one might have annoyed me. UNTIL the massive payoff of that subject matter later in the series. Well executed. And it also references Ezra's seeming affinity (the initial groundwork for THIS being laid even prior to the purrgil ep) with living creatures through the force.

#527 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:37 PM

Damn, I already really liked REBELS watching it week to week when it aired, but it's almost a completely different and more rewarding experience to binge it. On Ep 8 of S1 and when Kanan and Ezra trick the Inquisitor into that old Clone Wars base and Kanan blazes up his lightsaber for the duel and the music swells as they cross blades...man what a moment!

#528 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:30 PM

S3 ep 1... even knowing Thrawn was going to show up, that was a HUGE kick.
Giant goat man neutral Force user, less so.

#529 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:52 AM

Already up to the beginning of S2 in my re-watch!

That Ahsoka-is-Fulcrum reveal is still hella sweet.

Speaking of this show....odds on whoever is piloting the Ghost in TROS trailer shot being Jacen Syndulla?

#530 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:48 AM

View PostBfuckinK, on 25 November 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

Man it is so bad that I STILL have no clue what the main characters name is and this is the 2nd season. I just call him moron. This last Ep was a prime example in that temple. Fucking moron...

Resistance, right? Yeah he is mostly clumsy and loud; until he gets in a fighter. I can't remember his name either.

Does the guy you play as in Fallen Order have a more defined personality, like an actual new SW character or is it more of a default blank slate anyone can play as? The only thing putting me off the game is his boring flat look and his dumb computer game name.

#531 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:11 PM

Just been put off by years of crap SWs games, which look pretty but have zero gameplay. Also dull generic Kyles/Cal characters when there are so many cool characters throughout CWs who have backgrounds that would be great to explore.

I'll probably get it for Christmas.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 25 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

#532 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:29 PM

View PostTraveller, on 25 November 2019 - 06:48 AM, said:

View PostBfuckinK, on 25 November 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

Man it is so bad that I STILL have no clue what the main characters name is and this is the 2nd season. I just call him moron. This last Ep was a prime example in that temple. Fucking moron...

Resistance, right? Yeah he is mostly clumsy and loud; until he gets in a fighter. I can't remember his name either.

Waste of braintime.
It is an unsuccessful tv show intended for children too young to watch REBELS or TCW.
Already cancelled, they're just playing out S2 since the $ were already spent.

#533 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:27 PM

I think between that and the Mandalorian we can see where all the focus was..

#534 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

Something I noticed on a re-watch midway through S2.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

#535 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:05 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 December 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

My REBELS S3 watch has been a bit delayed but looking fwd to getting back to it.

#536 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:00 PM

View PostAbyss, on 04 December 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 04 December 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

My REBELS S3 watch has been a bit delayed but looking fwd to getting back to it.

We're behind both of you in our Rebels re-watch, still in S1. I noticed last night
Spoiler

I'll say for the hundredth time: Rebels is absolutely fantastic. Imo, the best SW work out there right now. And I'm now to the point that I've searched the web for any hint that Ahsoka will get any type of new material, be it a comic book series or even a show of her own. I keep reading that its not just us; she is quite a popular and beloved character and I certainly believe she's worthy of more of her story being presented.

#537 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:34 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 05 December 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

I'll say for the hundredth time: Rebels is absolutely fantastic. Imo, the best SW work out there right now. And I'm now to the point that I've searched the web for any hint that Ahsoka will get any type of new material, be it a comic book series or even a show of her own. I keep reading that its not just us; she is quite a popular and beloved character and I certainly believe she's worthy of more of her story being presented.

Agreed. Hard agree. After watching the EMPIRE OF DREAMS doc on D+, I headed right into my REBELS re-watch and it gives me so much joy to watch this show basically be so OT and so PT at the same time. Truly the best bridging of the two eras of SW out there by far.

And Kanan is now my second Fave Jedi after Obi-Wan...with Ahsoka brining up 3rd and Luke in 4th.

Major S4 spoilers...!

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 05 December 2019 - 03:37 PM

#538 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:42 PM

... I'm now to the point that I've searched the web for any hint that Ahsoka will get any type of new material, be it a comic book series or even a show of her own. I keep reading that its not just us; she is quite a popular and beloved character and I certainly believe she's worthy of more of her story being presented.

Just a pet theory, but i suspect Disney is waiting for precisely the right time to make massive globs of pure money via an Ahsoka movie or Mandalorian type D+ series.
She's in CLONE WARS S7, so they won't overexpose the character just now, and they're a little gunshy after SOLO and RESISTANCE both 'failed', cancelling the GoT guys' film trilo, plus the (utterly exaggerated) outcry over TLJ, but i'm pretty sure it'll come.

#539 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 05 December 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

Jumping on this thread to ask a question or two about Mando. Don’t want to see anything by accident in ded thread. How many eps have aired? What day does it air?

They've aired 4 episodes so far of 8. The 5th drops tomorrow (it comes out on Fridays along with all the other D+ original content that is coming out week-to-week), 6th next week, 7th the following WEDNESDAY (purposely coming out before TROS drops on the 20th), and the 8th and final ep the following Friday.

#540 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:01 PM

View PostAbyss, on 05 December 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

... I'm now to the point that I've searched the web for any hint that Ahsoka will get any type of new material, be it a comic book series or even a show of her own. I keep reading that its not just us; she is quite a popular and beloved character and I certainly believe she's worthy of more of her story being presented.

Just a pet theory, but i suspect Disney is waiting for precisely the right time to make massive globs of pure money via an Ahsoka movie or Mandalorian type D+ series.
She's in CLONE WARS S7, so they won't overexpose the character just now, and they're a little gunshy after SOLO and RESISTANCE both 'failed', cancelling the GoT guys' film trilo, plus the (utterly exaggerated) outcry over TLJ, but i'm pretty sure it'll come.

Fair points, all. It would make sense to let the CW S7 air before possibly doing anything more with Ahsoka. But I'll take anything, whether it be the in between time after CW up to Rebels OR post Rebels with the way the finale ended being explored.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users