Malazan Empire: Dresden, Constantine, ho'd win - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dresden, Constantine, ho'd win spoilers - Dresden Files and Hellblazer/Constantine

#21 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:02 AM

View PostInane Babble, on 05 November 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

...Also big thanks to the mod for moving and removing all context of my post to make it almost nonsensical without any indication that you did.

You're welcome.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#22 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:35 AM

It's a thankless job, citizen.

#23 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:56 AM

You should note that they don't have to be read in one continuous run. I mean, if that's what you want to do, most of them are worth it from what I know, but each creator pretty much set their own run up to stand more-or-less alone, so it's not like one long story you must read all in a row.

Garth Ennis' run on it is I think widely regarded as the must-see, although I think Delano's is pretty well regarded (I haven't read much of it, but I think, apart from anything else, the series wouldn't have continued as long as it did if Delano hadn't set the groundwork well) and I really like Mike Carey's too.

This post has been edited by polishgenius: 06 November 2014 - 08:56 AM

I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#24 User is offline   Sun 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

Dresden is as much a detective as the Nightside's John Taylor. He's a heavy, the guy you point at a problem and run away screaming because he burns and wrecks everything around him.

#25 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:05 PM

For my money, Constantine is a devious bastard and has a bunch of supremely heavy hitter friends (or at least people/entities he knows who he'll not hesitate to use to get things done). If they run into each other on the street Constantine would be lucky to get away with his life; but he has a habit of surviving things he shouldn't.

If Constantine is gunning for Dresden, Harry would never see him coming; he'd be tied in so many knots, and run through the wringer so many times, that the end, when it came, would be a relief for him. This is the guy who made a literal deal with the Devil and came out on top, after all.
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#26 User is offline   Rictus 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:37 PM

View Poststone monkey, on 11 May 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

For my money, Constantine is a devious bastard and has a bunch of supremely heavy hitter friends (or at least people/entities he knows who he'll not hesitate to use to get things done). If they run into each other on the street Constantine would be lucky to get away with his life; but he has a habit of surviving things he shouldn't.

If Constantine is gunning for Dresden, Harry would never see him coming; he'd be tied in so many knots, and run through the wringer so many times, that the end, when it came, would be a relief for him. This is the guy who made a literal deal with the Devil and came out on top, after all.

Sounds like every Dresden case ever. Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users