Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

where is the first throne located?

#1 User is offline   QuickRick 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:45 PM

I'm actually up to Reaper's Gale now, but I just realized that I don't really understand where this First Throne of the T'lan Imass is. In fact, I remember
Spoiler
and I guess I just assumed it was in Shadowthrone's warren or something. And come to think of it, what is shadowthrone's warren? Is it Meanas or a piece kurald emurlahn or what?

Here's the only thing I could find:

"Damn," she hissed. Dancer had died beside the Emperor. "Where is this First Throne, Tool?"
The warrior was silent for a time, then it said, "Upon the Emperor's death the Logros T'lan Imass gathered minds - a rare thing that was last done before the Diaspora - and a binding resulted. Adjunct, the answer to your question is within this binding. I cannot satisfy you. This holds for all Logros T'lan Imass and for all Kron T'lan Imass."

Freakin Tool, what the hell is that supposed to mean? :unworthy:

This post has been edited by QuickRick: 28 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

Mod notice - moved this thread to the Bonehunters sub-forum since it will inevitably involve spoilers beyond GotM.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:00 AM

The short answer is that the Throne seems to be somewhere in Quon Tali. Trull and Onrack journey in that direction in HoC to find and defend it. Plus the Logros, who are the defenders of the First Throne, seem to be based around Quon Tali and Seven Cities.

However, it's not clear whether there is really any way to access the Throne simply by land, or if it's only accessible by warren. The Tiste Edur and Icarium attacked it via warren at the end of The Bonehunters.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

It seems like somehow the remnants of Emurlahn have something to do with it too, considering ST's access to it, as well as the Edur. Perhaps it resides in a piece of the shattered Emurlahn hold. Just speculation though.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#5 User is offline   QuickRick 

• Recruit

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:56 AM

ok, cool. Good point about Quon Tali. I've always kind of imagined that it was in a warren-ish area for some reason. I'm assuming that both of you guys have read the full series and probably the esslemont books, which would mean that this is never definitively explained? I guess erikson was too busy adding new plot lines and characters to ever explain this. Seriously, I think he has ADD. :unworthy:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users