Malazan Empire: Mafia 116.75 "The Devoted" - Malazan Empire

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 116.75 "The Devoted" modding is so annoying.

#41 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

Fanderay & Okaros both have good points

#42 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostCast, on 21 October 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostFanderay, on 21 October 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

why do people always vote for the signaller? are we thinking the killer is trying to provide an opening for their symp? Please explain.

Because it's Day 1, latch onto anything that might sort of possibly be scum and ask questions later B)

This seems to be poor logic, we need better proof than this substantiated by good data and quotes. That sort of stuff...

Vote Cast

#43 User is offline   Dejim Nebrahl 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostPallid, on 21 October 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:

View PostJalan, on 20 October 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 20 October 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

O hai!!! Nothing to see here. Just a creepy black dragon chilling on some rocks. Move it along, people.

You do have the ability to fly.

Well enough on this fine point.

That is kind of a weird post.

Im going to have to agree with Pallid on this one. Its very oddly worded and the structure stands out. Anyone else see where this may be pointing to? For now

Vote Jalan

#44 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

So half the players are signalling or being signalled, and the other half wants to lynch them for it

#45 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

View PostIparth Erule, on 21 October 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

So half the players are signalling or being signalled, and the other half wants to lynch them for it

It would appear that way...

Anyways, at this point I'm not very suspicious of Jalan. I think Fanderay makes a good point but I'm not prepared to believe that Cast and Gait were signalling though that exchange. Maybe I'm rather obtuse but that just seems to be reading into their posts too much. I'm mainly hung up on how quickly Cast jumped all over me, especially trying to get people on board to lynch as quickly as possible. So for that reason

vote Cast

#46 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

9 Hours on the clock.

1 vote on Okaros ( Cast)
3 votes on Cast (Fanderay,Jalan,Okaros)
1 vote on Jalan (DN)

6 votes to lynch.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#47 User is offline   Bendal Home 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

After a long day praying Bendal returns Home. His first thought is to sit back in his favourite chair and open Tales of the Desert, his current reading book. Instead he takes off his clerics robes and opens the missive left on his desk.

vote for gait was the first message he saw. He quickly read the reason as it must have been strong to warrant his attention. No, it was that foolish Cast showing his indecisiveness.

Bendal's heart skipped a beat. His name was the next on the list. He quickly scanned his eyes to the reason. He looked scary or ugly, a vote based on his appearance. Smiling he read on.

Blah blah blah. The missive became a ping pong table of signalling cases. This person blaming that person. "Well, we must start somewhere I suppose", thought Bendal.

Okaros, Cast and Japan all receiving votes but what's this? Cast received two more. Bendal scans his eyes back up the page.

First thing he sees is that Cast voted Okaros for signalling but why would he vote the person who signalled over the person being signalled? That does not make sense.

Fanderay cleverly asks the question of Cast and does not get an answer that Bendal likes. "Because day one is random he states" this prompts a vote from Fanderay on Cast because it looked like Gait signalled Cast.

Bendal's eyes cross. He smacks his head and reads that Iparth likes Fanderay and Okaros mentioning them both in the same post. This could be signalling thinks Bendal but only lightly because he's not a fan of signalling cases.

Jalan votes cast because of the random day one comment. First thing Jalan has to say Bendal thinks, which is pretty powerful seem as it promotes Cast as a lynch candidate.

No not first thing because his weird earlier sentence gets him a vote.

The missive is not complete but Bendal needs time to mull things over. It looks like Cast has been picked out of a group of people to be hung for his carelessness.

Bendal thinks loudly

"Looking at people sucking up and having little else to say I don't like Iparth"

Bendal picks up a pen and scribbles down on the missive, in bold black writing, three words.

vote Iparth Erule

He then walks upstairs and pours water into his bath.

#48 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:54 PM

I had a long day praying too. I prayed that Bendal Home won't role play much past Day 1.

If you're going to pretend a vow of silence, at least phrase the game content in a straight forward way and keep it apart from the flavor. This is always a problem when someone tries the RP. It's all good fun, but not everybody wants to decipher it.

But not me, I love that stuff.

#49 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:19 PM

So am I to assume that Bendal & Cast are bros? Signal given & returned? Trying to deflect that train before it gets any faster?

#50 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

Vote Okaros

Or is this the actual killer that has been signalled by Cast so early on day 1? and now Okaros has jumped on his train to prove that he is a helpful town guy

#51 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

I will pray for your soul, Dejim Nebrahl, that you will see and seek enlightment.

I have doubts that Okaros has anything to do with this, I think he is playing victim of Casts accusations myself.

#52 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

Playing victim? I'm just calling him out for accusing me of something he is far more egregiously guilty of himself. And it's simply amazing how people have gotten so caught up in this "signalling" line of thought. I said a person's avatar was creepy and voted for him. I retracted this vote as it managed to cause quite the uproar. But please, by all means, explain how I'm signalling somebody?

#53 User is offline   Cast 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

Okaros if you don't get how an unexpected drive by vote with no prior conversation can be looked at very unfavourably then I don't know what else to tell you.

#54 User is offline   Cast 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

View PostBendal Home, on 21 October 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

After a long day praying Bendal returns Home. His first thought is to sit back in his favourite chair and open Tales of the Desert, his current reading book. Instead he takes off his clerics robes and opens the missive left on his desk.

vote for gait was the first message he saw. He quickly read the reason as it must have been strong to warrant his attention. No, it was that foolish Cast showing his indecisiveness.

Bendal's heart skipped a beat. His name was the next on the list. He quickly scanned his eyes to the reason. He looked scary or ugly, a vote based on his appearance. Smiling he read on.

Blah blah blah. The missive became a ping pong table of signalling cases. This person blaming that person. "Well, we must start somewhere I suppose", thought Bendal.

Okaros, Cast and Japan all receiving votes but what's this? Cast received two more. Bendal scans his eyes back up the page.

First thing he sees is that Cast voted Okaros for signalling but why would he vote the person who signalled over the person being signalled? That does not make sense.

Fanderay cleverly asks the question of Cast and does not get an answer that Bendal likes. "Because day one is random he states" this prompts a vote from Fanderay on Cast because it looked like Gait signalled Cast.

Bendal's eyes cross. He smacks his head and reads that Iparth likes Fanderay and Okaros mentioning them both in the same post. This could be signalling thinks Bendal but only lightly because he's not a fan of signalling cases.

Jalan votes cast because of the random day one comment. First thing Jalan has to say Bendal thinks, which is pretty powerful seem as it promotes Cast as a lynch candidate.

The missive is not complete but Bendal needs time to mull things over. It looks like Cast has been picked out of a group of people to be hung for his carelessness.

Bendal thinks loudly

"Looking at people sucking up and having little else to say I don't like Iparth"

Bendal picks up a pen and scribbles down on the missive, in bold black writing, three words.

vote Iparth Erule

Going after the person we think is being signaled is a worse idea than going after the signaler because I hate getting lynched when someone says something in my general direction and I get it in the fucking neck for a passing comment I had no control over. Not a fan of voting people for actions not their own unless it's really fucking blatant signalling, ON DAY ONE. If it was signalling we cut the scums numbers and have a better chance of winning, if it wasn't signalling then, meh, how is that any different to any day 1 ever?

Every time someone starts up with these role playing posts I insinctively roll my eyes and kinda gloss over them, but I'm glad I read that one, was pretty funny. Would have been better if there was more explicit info on the details of the bath though.

#55 User is offline   Pallid 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

I'm glad some one gets that is day one.(cast)

If I had any code breaking skills I would be looking at Jalans posts, but I do not. I just suck at that.

I will wait to see where any of the vote trains lead before voting. I prefer not to just lynch for no reason, but it is day one and we should get a lynch just so we have something to work with on day two. Who knows we have hit scum on day one before.

#56 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

Well I'm about to disappear into the night and won't likely have an opportunity to post again before the day ends so I'm just gonna take this opportunity to give you my observations and final comments for the day.
First off, I find it very interesting that Cast continues to show up every now and then and point a finger at me without refuting the arguments that have been made against him. Fanderay pointed out behavior that is far more convincing of "signaling" than anything I did but Cast is yet to comment on that.
Second, Cast's posts aren't consistent. In one post he claims to just be latching onto anything that seems suspicious to him while in other posts he argues vehemently against me. It almost seem like he's going for the "I'm gonna play this game non-chalantly but incredibly seriously". These alternating standpoints are odd to me.
Third, I also find it very interesting that he jumped on this bandwagon almost immediately after Iparth initially suggested the signaling. That, compounded with the fact that Iparth, after stating that Fanderay and I both made good points concerning Cast's posts, appears to have had a sudden change of heart and has decided to vote for me. There is no real explanation for this as far as I can tell. No new information came to light between his posts other than being voted for by Bendel after his rambling and somewhat confusing post.
So my conclusion for the first day: if I don't last the night, and I'm only saying this since I likely won't be around to post later this evening when the day ends, is take a closer look at Iparth and Cast. I feel their behavior stinks of collusion.

#57 User is offline   Jalan 

• Recruit

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

View PostOkaros, on 21 October 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Third, I also find it very interesting that he jumped on this bandwagon almost immediately after Iparth initially suggested the signaling. That, compounded with the fact that Iparth, after stating that Fanderay and I both made good points concerning Cast's posts, appears to have had a sudden change of heart and has decided to vote for me. There is no real explanation for this as far as I can tell.

Okaro's makes valid points here that cannot be ruled out on the aforementioned topic.

In reviewing, Cast's last point you can clearly tell he is playing the woe unto me aspect, playing our feelings.

#58 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:48 AM

What feelings?

#59 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:49 AM

View PostCast, on 21 October 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

View PostBendal Home, on 21 October 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

Bendal thinks loudly

vote Iparth Erule

Going after the person we think is being signaled is a worse idea than going after the signaler because I hate getting lynched when someone says something in my general direction and I get it in the fucking neck for a passing comment I had no control over. Not a fan of voting people for actions not their own unless it's really fucking blatant signalling, ON DAY ONE. If it was signalling we cut the scums numbers and have a better chance of winning, if it wasn't signalling then, meh, how is that any different to any day 1 ever?

Every time someone starts up with these role playing posts I insinctively roll my eyes and kinda gloss over them, but I'm glad I read that one, was pretty funny. Would have been better if there was more explicit info on the details of the bath though.

Ah, but it was your replies that did you in. If you didn't want to get the "Master" tag, shouldn't have brought it up, unless you did want it for signalling purposes... That's the going theory.

#60 User is offline   Anthras 

• Recruit

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:01 AM

Well I'm about to disappear into the night and won't likely have an opportunity to post again before the day ends so I'm just gonna take this opportunity to give you my observations and final comments for the day.

<snip>

So my conclusion for the first day: if I don't last the night, and I'm only saying this since I likely won't be around to post later this evening when the day ends, is take a closer look at Iparth and Cast. I feel their behavior stinks of collusion.

View PostJalan, on 21 October 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

Third, I also find it very interesting that he jumped on this bandwagon almost immediately after Iparth initially suggested the signaling. That, compounded with the fact that Iparth, after stating that Fanderay and I both made good points concerning Cast's posts, appears to have had a sudden change of heart and has decided to vote for me. There is no real explanation for this as far as I can tell.

Okaro's makes valid points here that cannot be ruled out on the aforementioned topic.

In reviewing, Cast's last point you can clearly tell he is playing the woe unto me aspect, playing our feelings.

They're both playing that card.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users