Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official retirement of Encyclopedia malazica Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

So in a much belated step, all official links from the forum should now direct to the wikia site, as encyclopedia malazica is now officially retired. The site will remain up at http://encyclopediam...ca.pbworks.com/ if any content is yet to be transferred, but the wikia project is now the official wiki of the site. Thanks to all who have contributed over the years it's been up (especially Hetan and Malaclypse who created the original wiki).

#2 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

Thanks for doing that, IH. Good to have everything in one place. :D

Look forward to seeing more of the regular crowd popping in for some editing on the Wikia.

Best advice I had before starting editing on the Wikia was to sign up then go into 'my preferences' to change the ads option to 'don't show all ads'. Makes it much more user friendly. I also changed the layout to 'MonoBook' which gives you more of a Wikipedia look.

#3 User is offline   Jade Raven 

• Corporal

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:49 AM

As the last person to get in an edit on this wiki before it officially closed I've gotta say there is a lot of useful information on there and it has been a great help. But it was terribly, terribly disorganised when I found it, the software was confusing and recent contributions minimal so that's why I decided not to switch my efforts and instead concentrated on the wikia one. There is still a lot of information that hasn't been transferred over yet (I'm working on a workflow for that atm) so I hope it remains up for a while yet.

I'd like to thank Hetan, Mal, Imperial Historian, Salt-Man Z and all the others for their contributions - your work will continue on on the Wikia wiki, though unfortunately without specific credit. I hope some of you will consider contributing there in the future.

IH as I continue with transferring info across would you be OK with me putting a message at the top of pages that are no longer needed? Something like: "All information on this page has been replicated to malazan.wikia.com".
I am an Admin at the Malazan Wiki. [ malazan.wikia.com ]

#4 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

Fine with me.

#5 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostJade Raven, on 08 October 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

IH as I continue with transferring info across would you be OK with me putting a message at the top of pages that are no longer needed? Something like: "All information on this page has been replicated to malazan.wikia.com".

Good thinking, Jade Raven. Saves doubling up.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users