Mini Mafia For the adicts

#441 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:04 PM

Well, both finders are spot on with me, their side interpretations excluded. So the question is, do people want a case from me today on one of the non-me suspects or am I just gonna get lynched because his eminence said I'm a symp and must be right becuase he's extraordinary and all.

A side note question: Do we indeed believe in both reveals. We don't have 3
reveals (which is good in my opinion) but that also means we could have 1 fake reveal and not know it. Not sure what to do with that.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#442 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostGust Hubb, on 03 October 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Well, both finders are spot on with me, their side interpretations excluded. So the question is, do people want a case from me today on one of the non-me suspects or am I just gonna get lynched because his eminence said I'm a symp and must be right becuase he's extraordinary and all.

A side note question: Do we indeed believe in both reveals. We don't have 3
reveals (which is good in my opinion) but that also means we could have 1 fake reveal and not know it. Not sure what to do with that.

I would indeed like to hear your case. To me a symp we don't lynch today because we're not at D-day
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#443 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

Oh and for your side question: not 100%, no. Obdi could be symp taking a gamble or killer even - hoping that with 4 dead one of the finders was amongst them and knowing that at this moment we have to consider they could be insane as well as another type of finder, giving some breathing space. Hence me wanting to know why he chose me for his first find. Mine was an obvious call :rant:
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#444 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

It is now the beginning of day 3.

23 hours and 18 minutes left.

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

22 hours and 2 minutes left

But do so in the knowledge that I will only be glancing at the game extremely intermittently.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that nobody is thinking that you do more than intermittent glances as is.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#445 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostMessremb, on 03 October 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

Oh and for your side question: not 100%, no. Obdi could be symp taking a gamble or killer even - hoping that with 4 dead one of the finders was amongst them and knowing that at this moment we have to consider they could be insane as well as another type of finder, giving some breathing space. Hence me wanting to know why he chose me for his first find. Mine was an obvious call :rant:

I'm wondering a bit about that myself. With four CFs of "town", what are the odds that a finder hasn't been killed? IOW, is our mighty modgod going to put the role in the CF? (And yeah, he probably said so in the OP but if so I missed it and don't have time to go look now.)
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#446 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostGnaw, on 03 October 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

23 hours and 18 minutes left.

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

22 hours and 2 minutes left

But do so in the knowledge that I will only be glancing at the game extremely intermittently.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that nobody is thinking that you do more than intermittent glances as is.

Or it could be that I describe to the theory that every minute of every day is a beginning of that time period. Thus things are always only just beginning and never coming to a conclusion, until you are no longer able to experience the beginning..i.e.. dead. Signified in this game by one of the participants being unable to experience the next beginning of the new time frame.

:rant:
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#447 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

View PostGnaw, on 03 October 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

I'm wondering a bit about that myself. With four CFs of "town", what are the odds that a finder hasn't been killed? IOW, is our mighty modgod going to put the role in the CF? (And yeah, he probably said so in the OP but if so I missed it and don't have time to go look now.)

I didn't say.

#448 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostVengeance, on 03 October 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 03 October 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

I didn't say.

So which is it?

#449 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

Does an Insane finder have control of who they pick? Or what does insane mean? That your pick could either come out as real or false?

I'm gonna make a table just for myself and maybe for others, and then look through everything.

Assuming that both Mess and Obdi are telling the truth. So far we have claimed:

CF'd Mess Obdi

Khell Inno -
Mess - Scum
GH Inno Scum
No Touchy.

#450 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:52 PM

The formatting got screwed up let me try again
Cf'd--------Mess--------Obdi

Khel--------Inno---------none
Mess-------none--------Scum
GH----------Inno---------Scum
No Touchy.

#451 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 03 October 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Does an Insane finder have control of who they pick? Or what does insane mean? That your pick could either come out as real or false?

I'm gonna make a table just for myself and maybe for others, and then look through everything.

Assuming that both Mess and Obdi are telling the truth. So far we have claimed:

CF'd Mess Obdi

Khell Inno -
Mess - Scum
GH Inno Scum

Insane: Find result is randomised. Basically there to fuck with people early/mid game if they're not pre-warned such a role is in the game. Once they realised they're Insane they twig they're actually RI with delusions.

#452 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

So I guess we have our two Finder reveals, if not lying. If the third one steps up might that help us with deciding who is the Insane and being able to use the other two to eliminate suspects?

If by change Obdigore was reverse finder and Mess normal finder we should start at both ends of the name list and post results of the find here. We should hit something.
No Touchy.

#453 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

With 10 town initially, and 40% of them roled, it is unlikely that from the four deaths so far we have not had a roled player die.

Edit: Sigh, this is Khell. Different computer and didn't log off alt from previous game.

This post has been edited by Nimander Golit: 03 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

#454 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

Although I suppose I should include the symp in there, so with 11 people initially who would CF as town, and 5 of them roled (45%) it is even less likely that a roled player hasn't been offed already.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#455 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:21 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 03 October 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

Although I suppose I should include the symp in there, so with 11 people initially who would CF as town, and 5 of them roled (45%) it is even less likely that a roled player hasn't been offed already.

Agreed.

#456 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

That is assuming there was 1 killer and 1 symp. With 12 you would normally have 3 'evil' roles, but with the finder-crazyness Vengeance might have decided it wasn't needed for it to be balanced.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#457 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

17 hours and 34 minutes left (Time is frozen from now till Monday Morning (when I get to work to unfreeze it)

8 players alive: A Demon Llama, Gnaw, Gust Hubb, HiddenOne, Khell, Messremb, Obdigore, The unfound

5 votes for a lynch, 4 votes to go to night.

1 vote for Hiddenone (Messremb)

Because it is friday I will be freezing the games clock in 3 hours until monday when I get into work. You can still vote and lynch. But do so in the knowledge that I will only be glancing at the game extremely intermittently.

#458 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

View PostObdigore, on 03 October 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

That is assuming there was 1 killer and 1 symp. With 12 you would normally have 3 'evil' roles, but with the finder-crazyness Vengeance might have decided it wasn't needed for it to be balanced.

I was assuming that what Venge put in the OP as the roles which are in the game are what we have.

But I guess you could interpret it as just saying 'these roles are present', and not also saying how many of each of those roles are present. Not something that occurred to me before.

On the other hand, having another symp would give us half of all players roled, which seems too many.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#459 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

It... liiiiives?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#460 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostVengeance, on 30 September 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Set up

Killer
Symp

Insane finder (finds are randomly decided by the mods)
Regular finder
Reverse Finder (finds always come back reverse of what they should be)
Healer (cause hahaha)

FYI for those of you who haven't played this type of game before no finder knows what type of finder he is.

Some kind of flavor when I have time to put it in. Or not depending on my mood.

I am not going to send out town pm's so pay close attention to below.

If you are town here is your role pm.

You are town. Go find the killer.

If you have a role you will be getting a pm from me.

It will have the role information.

Days are 30 hours
Nights are

I do not believe that I stated it before. Night is anywhere from 0 (if it occurs while I am at work) to you have until I get up and get to work if it occurs while I am asleep. So get provisional's in those of you whom have actions.

Why is there so much confusion about the game setup?
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users