• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mini Mafia For the adicts

#821 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:30 PM

No matter how I look at this, I keep coming back to the most likely person to be scum is unfound.

Vote Unfound

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#822 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:04 PM

Finally home. You going to give me time to do one look through that doesn't require me scrunching up my eyes at the iPhone screen?
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#823 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:16 PM

First of all, sequential posts from HO. Just read them, straight through. And then note the relevance of ADL's quoted statement in the last post.

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

Sorry, trying to get my little girl a bath & bed combo

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 01:49 AM, said:

I'm finding it hard to trust any of you right now

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

ADL and Unfound are getting no heat

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 02:33 AM, said:

I'm not seeing Hubb as killer for some reason

I feel like there's a bunch of scum trying to find the few townies instead of the other way around.

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 02:35 AM, said:

Shin is acting like I do when I'm too busy, but still trying. Doesnt make him inno

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

Agree that Mess is playing "loose"

I think Obdi is biding his time,showing restraint, maybe working a plan

I would like to see some opinions from ADL, with no worries about sounding noobish

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

Khell why are you still awake? Isn't it like the wee hours for you?

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 02:51 AM, said:

View PostGrief, on 03 October 2014 - 01:25 AM, said:

Procrastinating an essay by helping mod...

It is now day 2.

3 hours 45 minutes left.

A Demon Llama, Bubba, Gnaw, Gust Hubb, HiddenOne, Khell, Messremb, Obdigore, Shin, The unfound

2 votes for Shin (GH, Mess)
2 votes for GH (Obdi, Gnaw)
1 vote for Mess (The unfound)

Not voted: Everyone else.

Just moving this down for reference

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 03 October 2014 - 02:50 AM, said:

You've posted a decent amount HO but have you really come up with something against anyone as you say you don't trust anyone. I don't think you've written anything about it, just short thoughts. You should say what you dont like so far. You've been more of an intermediary between accuser and accused asking what people feel about the previous posts. Did you even vote last time? I will have to check. You say you want other to bring some opinions against others but there is nothing from you right now.

I was leaning towards Shin couple of posts ago because I thought that he was jumping back and forth between the 'Khell should he be/ shouldnt he be lynch' and it seemed to me that he backed out his vote when it didnt get any traction. He since then hasnt really responded even though hes got two votes, which I really dont know what to make of that. You'd think with two votes he would say something and not risk it.

Thanks, read my posts again and my opinions are there

So what are you saying about Shin now

This is HO this game. Higher post count, same amount of content, with more questions. Still reading. This was a page 10 of 21 comment I wanted to make before continuing my reread.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#824 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

To sum up below, since I am quoting like a fiend all of the sudden, note that HO drops a final vote, unnecessarily, after encouraging the rest of the thread to seal the deal on Shin. May not be at the front lines of the fight, but definitely has a hand directing things from backstage.

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:

Gnaw what do you think about switching to Shin

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

Anybody else ?

View PostHiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 03:30 AM, said:

Stupid tablet

vote shin

View PostGrief, on 03 October 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

Ok, end of day 2:

A Demon Llama, Bubba, Gnaw, Gust Hubb, HiddenOne, Khell, Messremb, Obdigore, Shin, The unfound

6 votes for Shin (GH, Mess, Khell, A Demon Llama, The Unfound, Gnaw)
1 votes for GH (Obdi,)

Not voted: Everyone else.

Shin has been lynched. He was town.
Bubba is dead. He was town.

It is now the beginning of day 3.

8 players alive: A Demon Llama, Gnaw, Gust Hubb, HiddenOne, Khell, Messremb, Obdigore, The unfound

5 votes for a lynch, 4 votes to go to night.

No one has voted.

~Abyss

#825 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:21 PM

View PostObdigore, on 03 October 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 03 October 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Obdi, out of interest, why did you pick me for Night 1?

For reasons I'm not going to discuss on thread at this juncture.

We never did find out why btw...
~Abyss

#826 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:23 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 06 October 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

"takes 5 steps away from Gnaw"

:D

Would require you being next to him in the first place... Sorry, not really hard evidence, just a thought as I work through.
~Abyss

#827 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:25 PM

Here's a golden post. One of HO's rare opinions, and he doesn't do a find of The Unfound (doesn't even put his "provisional" on the Unfound either...)

View PostHiddenOne, on 06 October 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

View PostThe Unfound, on 06 October 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 06 October 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostThe Unfound, on 06 October 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

So a quick question on the insane finder. If he tries to re-find will he get the same result or is it randomized again?

Usually, a re-find is randomised once again. So could get the same result, could get a different one. I think it would have been worth a risk for our finders to do that on the first couple of nights - do the same person twice. Obviously if they got the same result it wouldn't have proved anything either way - but there is the 50% chance, if you're the insane finder, that your result will be different, and then you'll know for sure you're insane.

Alas, we still know little that's concrete.

I'm not really here, just popped in. Won't be around properly for another couple of hours. Has game been unfrozen yet?

Edit: Oh yeah, I see the post from Venge.

And this is where I was going with that question. Assuming both reveals are true, it might be beneficial to have one do a refind and lynch someone that is on the others list. It might help to clear thing up a little.

I'm sorry, but I find this post scummy. Feel free to correct me with analytical tomfoolery, anyone, but here are my issues. First, this prevents the finders from widening the matrix of finds on other players, also wasting a night action. Second, it still is a random lynch depending on which way we vote. I guess it could clear things up, but it feels like a stall tactic.

Thoughts?

~Abyss

#828 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:30 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 07 October 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Sorry, guys, I fell asleep on the couch last night

Anything happen?

The next day's lynch, missed by HO, asleep on the couch, after much dissembling the night prior.
~Abyss

#829 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:37 PM

View PostMessremb, on 08 October 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostHiddenOne, on 08 October 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

first thing, turn the country music down

Obdi came back town from the find

View PostHiddenOne, on 08 October 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

alright, Venge replied

Gnaw is inno

Explain. Because if you included a "if dead find x" then I want mine honoured too

Was yours honored Mess?
~Abyss

#830 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:43 PM

Ok, well, the look at HO is relatively unenlightening (still a low poster somehow despite the increase in activity). Basically my impression is that HO has been playing a careful, concealed game using questions to direct people while rarely giving his own opinion. Furthermore, he rarely backs up opinions with votes, until this morning when in a pique of rushed rage tried to off Unfound, something seemingly slick and easy given the building sentiment against Unfound over the past couple of days. It was a slip in my humble opinion, one for which he'll at least pay with this headache of a D-day, compliments of Gnaw and my quote fu.
~Abyss

#831 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

I've already done a case on Gnaw, and am still mystified with the confused stoner-like drifting. He is certain that HO is the bad guy this morning and then shifts gears later down the road. He has the distinction of being unlynchable, like myself and Gnaw. In fact this game has had an incredible litany of stalled lynches. Am I a brilliant symp, single-handedly running this thread to my whims or does scum like to play it cautious and unobtrusive, catering to a more indecisive, uncertain town?
~Abyss

#832 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:49 PM

Mess, while having the thread peppered by unfinished statements (like saying he had a provisional too, and that he suggested Khells was a healer before Khells actually died...), does have the endorsement of two finds. I think that at least 1 finder could be scum, but 2 is stretching my credulity, so I am willing to give Mess a PI for now.
~Abyss

#833 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:50 PM

And finally, a reread on Unfound, the meat and potatoes you have all been waiting for I'm sure, especially since none of you did it yourselves. Never leave good casework to someone trustworthy...
~Abyss

#834 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:00 PM

View PostThe Unfound, on 01 October 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Well being relatively new to the Mafia scene I dont know anything about everyones old grudges and whatnot. But Khell is Khell. And Khell always needs a good lynching. And it worked out last game.......

View PostThe Unfound, on 01 October 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

But speaking from somewhere other than my completely rational desire to lynch Khell, I thought GH brought up a good point about HO. The few games I have played with him so far he has been the lowest of the low posters. Its been an interesting change of pace for him this game

Innocent newbie approach on day 1.... after having been roled in other games.... not buying it.
~Abyss

#835 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:02 PM

View PostThe Unfound, on 01 October 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

View PostHiddenOne, on 01 October 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

View PostThe Unfound, on 01 October 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

View PostHiddenOne, on 01 October 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

View PostThe Unfound, on 01 October 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

But speaking from somewhere other than my completely rational desire to lynch Khell, I thought GH brought up a good point about HO. The few games I have played with him so far he has been the lowest of the low posters. Its been an interesting change of pace for him this game

you are parroting the scum team's party line, there, old son. How many games have we played together now, is this the 2nd or 3rd?

Admittedly it hasnt been many games. I also dont have a hell of alot to go on here. Most of you have been playing together for quite a while and start throwing things around that I dont have a clue about. I am simply trying to find something at least semi tangible to go on.

I know what you mean. How do you feel about IB vs. Khell for the lynch?

Well IB has been a bit reticent this game. But Im not sure about the GH angle as symp. The only experience I had with him in that role was several games ago when he didnt signal at all. Is that common of him? As for Khell, its probably meta getting in the way as he doesnt seem to be quite as convincing when he gives us a reason not to lynch him Posted Image

Hence why the unexperienced newbie line doesn't work...
~Abyss

#836 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:05 PM

He may be a low poster, but he makes a case on Mess day 2. Better than HO...
~Abyss

#837 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:05 PM

View PostThe Unfound, on 02 October 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

View PostA Demon Llama!, on 02 October 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

Unfound, Il also say that your might be forcing a connection between us but there is none. At least nothing that ties into this game.

Im not trying to force anything. The comments are right there on thread. I may be reading them in a different light than they were intended, always possible, but its the way things come off to me. Im certainly not infallible.

Gentle as a lamb. No wolf in there...
~Abyss

#838 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:06 PM

View PostThe Unfound, on 03 October 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

I will not be around for time out since its at 12am here. I will

Remove Vote

Vote GH

He has been pretty aggressive in his defense.

Lame reasoning if you ask me.
~Abyss

#839 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:09 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 06 October 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

View PostThe Unfound, on 06 October 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 06 October 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

View PostThe Unfound, on 06 October 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

So a quick question on the insane finder. If he tries to re-find will he get the same result or is it randomized again?

Usually, a re-find is randomised once again. So could get the same result, could get a different one. I think it would have been worth a risk for our finders to do that on the first couple of nights - do the same person twice. Obviously if they got the same result it wouldn't have proved anything either way - but there is the 50% chance, if you're the insane finder, that your result will be different, and then you'll know for sure you're insane.

Alas, we still know little that's concrete.

I'm not really here, just popped in. Won't be around properly for another couple of hours. Has game been unfrozen yet?

Edit: Oh yeah, I see the post from Venge.

And this is where I was going with that question. Assuming both reveals are true, it might be beneficial to have one do a refind and lynch someone that is on the others list. It might help to clear thing up a little.

I'm sorry, but I find this post scummy. Feel free to correct me with analytical tomfoolery, anyone, but here are my issues. First, this prevents the finders from widening the matrix of finds on other players, also wasting a night action. Second, it still is a random lynch depending on which way we vote. I guess it could clear things up, but it feels like a stall tactic.

Thoughts?

Ironic. Unfound's logic here was actually ok. And HO's vehement response seems over the top. This is late in the game though, so there is some credence to calling out "delay tactics."
~Abyss

#840 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• View gallery

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:11 PM

View PostThe Unfound, on 06 October 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 06 October 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

Don't know. Why?

I was trying to think outside the box a bit. But the whole thing would hinge on too many factors. Needed to know if that might be a good possibility. Also the healer would have to still be alive, which we dont know at this point

Hmmm, fishing. Not a good sign. Black mark.
~Abyss

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

52 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 52 guests, 0 anonymous users