Mini Mafia For the adicts

#361 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:00 AM

I've got my hands full. Go for it HO. Khell already started on The Unfound for you.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#362 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:08 AM

Gnaw, on 03 October 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:

Gust Hubb, on 03 October 2014 - 01:29 AM, said:

I hope you and Obdi are scum, Gnaw. Because being lynched as a presumed symp is a totally new tack. I look forward to seeing the justification down the line if you send me to spoiler heaven, whether as a lynch or NK.

I'm voting you because I think there's a decent chance you're the killer. Altless with the multiple finder roles makes for a good opportunity for a ballsy scum to play just the way you are.

Not sure what you mean about finders making a rich landscape for ballsy scum?
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#363 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:12 AM

Ok, second half of the game thus far. I'm just trying to pick out bits that haven't been commented as much on so far, hence missing out Unfound's case on Mess/much of the Gust-Obdi stuff.

A Demon Llama!, on 01 October 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

So what did I do wrong that the vote didn't count?

So far it does looks like the votes consist of judging the players personal behavior and play style and not sketchy content. It is day 1 thought. I dont really find now who to go for at this point. How much time do we still have?

Towards the end of day 1 - another post by ADL wondering about the time remaining. Gotta get that death in, eh?

Khellendros, on 01 October 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

Messremb, on 01 October 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Gust Hubb, on 01 October 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

Not that friendly!!! What if you get me killed!

Then we can WIFOM for a few days

But this is interesting. How do you know that I won't be dead tonight and there won't be any reason to WIFOM?

It's probably nothing, because it was pretty safe to assume I'd be around, but sometimes it's little things like this which can give a killer away.

Incidentally, Gust's reaction to me saying I was going to kill him - I'll put myself out on a limb here and say I buy it. Gust as a symp, sure, could be. But I don't think he's the killer.

Shinrei, on 01 October 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

Gust Hubb, on 01 October 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

Didn't i say we should have lynched the troublemaker... now we'll never get rid of him, scum or not. :rant:

Well, I'm happy to see we didn't lynch Khell.

I don't want to lynch Khell before D-Day.

That way, if he's the killer, he loses. If he's not the killer, he loses.

Win-Win if you ask me.

A lovely little set-up for a D-day scum victory there, Shin.

Messremb, on 01 October 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

Shinrei, on 01 October 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

Gust Hubb, on 01 October 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

Didn't i say we should have lynched the troublemaker... now we'll never get rid of him, scum or not. :lol:

Well, I'm happy to see we didn't lynch Khell.

I don't want to lynch Khell before D-Day.

That way, if he's the killer, he loses. If he's not the killer, he loses.

Win-Win if you ask me.

I like this ^

But I almost feel that Mess' response is more telling. Often it's not the person with the idea, but the one egging them on...

Gnaw, on 01 October 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

Premise: It's day 3 and Khell is still alive therefore Khell is the killer.

If the premise is true, then Khell will survive night 2 and we need to lynch him on day 3.
If the premise is false, then the killer will surely keep Khell alive on night 2 so that he can be the easy day 3 lynch.

Whether the premise is true or false, probability approaches certainty that Khell will survive night 2. We will then spend a great deal of time and typing debating the issue on day 3 before finally lynching him just to be safe.

Conclusion: Town's best move on day 2 is to

Vote Khell

Gnaw is first out of the block with the Khell train on day 2, just as on day 1. And straight off on day 2 as well - looking for the quick lynch there?

At the same time, I'd assume scum would want to keep the 'distraction' around for longer than the first two days, however.

Shinrei, on 02 October 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

Every single person in this game knows what Khell is. If Khell is not the killer himself, whoever IS killer will not kill off Khell.

Why? Because they know that he is going to be a huge distraction through to end game, and gnaw is right, if he's alive on D-Day we have almost no choice but to lynch him, whether we believe he is killer or not.

We need to be rid of the distraction. And hopefully, he actually is random.org's friend and he turns out to be the killer.

Vote Khell

I really wasn't being a distraction till you, Gust, and Gnaw all said I was, and pushed on that.

However, it's the ones who nudge that thought along but without leaning on it that spark my interest - Mess, ADL, and Unfound.

A Demon Llama!, on 02 October 2014 - 01:37 AM, said:

He pretty much already was a distraction and half of the time spent here was focused on him too. Maybe it was mostly joking maybe not. It might be a good idea to lynch him as you say but I don't like the idea of lynching someone just because we know who he is. Maybe I've just not played enough mafia yet to understand or feel the deep hatred many are showing. So we either have to do it or stop with unnecessary "because its Khell" because your right it does give the scum sort of an advantage and play angle.

For example, this post by ADL. It's neither here nor there. It's just waiting to see which way the wind blows - it's simply saying, "sure, I could get behind either decision."

The Unfound, on 02 October 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Shinrei, on 02 October 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

Every single person in this game knows what Khell is. If Khell is not the killer himself, whoever IS killer will not kill off Khell.

Why? Because they know that he is going to be a huge distraction through to end game, and gnaw is right, if he's alive on D-Day we have almost no choice but to lynch him, whether we believe he is killer or not.

We need to be rid of the distraction. And hopefully, he actually is random.org's friend and he turns out to be the killer.

Vote Khell

I also agree with this. Though I feel that before we off Khell we examine any other possibilities. It seems that even if we off Khell there are a couple of other people that are gonna get targeted due to past experiences anyway.

And this post by Unfound too. Agrees with Shin, but doesn't vote. Says the sensible thing about looking at other possibilities, but doesn't contribute them.

Except, of course, Unfound does, in the shape of a Mess case. But that's after Khell-o-rama had already started dying down.

Obdigore, on 02 October 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

Oh and look. Now that some people are like 'maybe we shouldn't just speed-lynch Khell', Gust backs off that point and starts pointing fingers at half the people in the thread.

That is quite interesting to me.

Obdigore, on 02 October 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Vote Gust Hubb

Because I believe he is a Symp just throwing shit on thread to try to lynch randomly. That isn't inno play but I don't think a killer would be quite so brazen.

I don't really see how Gust's observations were much different to, say, Unfound's. Obdi's posts are quite pushy and I feel they exaggerate somewhat.

You know I almost get the sense that Obdi's cozying up to me with the 'I don't get a killer sense from Khell's posts' type post. A little bit of subtle fake symping? And it wouldn't be the first time we'd see a symp accusing another of being a symp.

Gust Hubb, on 02 October 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Obdigore, on 02 October 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

Gust Hubb, on 02 October 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

How do you propose knowing you've eliminated the symp when they always cf inno? Wanna pretend like you got the bastard and then check out your brain at the door. RLY
You are pushing too hard. What is your angle here?

Why so defensive?

If you think this is me 'pushing hard', you've clearly never gone back over games where I have actually pushed hard.

More surprised. I mean I could give the premptive told you I will CF as town, but when that means nothing to you cause u just lynch the whoever seems scummy regardless of any proof, well let's just say I am amazed you ended up being so obtuse.

But I guess I'm more worried that your behavior is calculated, perhaps backed up by being a symp yourself who only has to distract and prolong until you and your master reach parity.

I would admire your tenacity if you thought I was a master.

Oh man, I have the biggest sense of deja vu over the bolded bit. Did I dream this? Because this sent a vivid jolt through me as if someone had said something very similar once, and did indeed turn out to CF town...and oh yeah, they were a symp.

Yes, I'm well aware that I've just said I suspect both Obdi and Gust of being symps. Sigh.

More things we learned:

Unfound-Mess is unlikely to be a symp-killer combo (in that order).

Gust could well be a symp, but I have large doubts about him being a killer.

ADL's continuing to largely skim along. Shin's being inconsistent, which raises an alarm or to, but perhaps it comes from not paying enough attention to the game.

Gnaw and Mess are largely coasting along - there's something very 'loose' about they way Mess is playing.

Who have I missed out?
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#364 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

Just got back from an outdoor concert and bike ride. It doesnt seem like we are moving towards a decision
That psychotic black dwarf with an afro?

#365 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:13 AM

Oh wow, HO's totally passed me by. Erm, I got nothing there. His posting has totally thrown me off :rant:

#366 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:17 AM

Out of Shin and GH (the ones with the highest number of votes right now) I think Shin is more likely to be a killer, but if neither are a killer, then Gust is more likely to still be scum.

#367 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:33 AM

I'm not seeing Hubb as killer for some reason

I feel like there's a bunch of scum trying to find the few townies instead of the other way around.
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#368 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

Shin is acting like I do when I'm too busy, but still trying. Doesnt make him inno
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#369 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:43 AM

Agree that Mess is playing "loose"

I think Obdi is biding his time,showing restraint, maybe working a plan

I would like to see some opinions from ADL, with no worries about sounding noobish

#370 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:47 AM

I will not be around for time out since its at 12am here. I will

Remove Vote

Vote GH

He has been pretty aggressive in his defense.
That psychotic black dwarf with an afro?

#371 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:47 AM

Khell why are you still awake? Isn't it like the wee hours for you?

#372 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:49 AM

We can't have that much time left. I'd vote Shin over Gust probably, but I'd rather vote Mess or ADL methinks.

#373 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:50 AM

HiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

Khell why are you still awake? Isn't it like the wee hours for you?

Yeah, it's ten to 4 in the morning here. I'm watching Lost - for the first time. It's good so far, just started season 2.

#374 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:50 AM

You've posted a decent amount HO but have you really come up with something against anyone as you say you don't trust anyone. I don't think you've written anything about it, just short thoughts. You should say what you dont like so far. You've been more of an intermediary between accuser and accused asking what people feel about the previous posts. Did you even vote last time? I will have to check. You say you want other to bring some opinions against others but there is nothing from you right now.

I was leaning towards Shin couple of posts ago because I thought that he was jumping back and forth between the 'Khell should he be/ shouldnt he be lynch' and it seemed to me that he backed out his vote when it didnt get any traction. He since then hasnt really responded even though hes got two votes, which I really dont know what to make of that. You'd think with two votes he would say something and not risk it.
No Touchy.

#375 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:51 AM

Grief, on 03 October 2014 - 01:25 AM, said:

Procrastinating an essay by helping mod...

It is now day 2.

3 hours 45 minutes left.

A Demon Llama, Bubba, Gnaw, Gust Hubb, HiddenOne, Khell, Messremb, Obdigore, Shin, The unfound

2 votes for Shin (GH, Mess)
2 votes for GH (Obdi, Gnaw)
1 vote for Mess (The unfound)

Not voted: Everyone else.

Just moving this down for reference

#376 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:54 AM

A Demon Llama!, on 03 October 2014 - 02:50 AM, said:

You've posted a decent amount HO but have you really come up with something against anyone as you say you don't trust anyone. I don't think you've written anything about it, just short thoughts. You should say what you dont like so far. You've been more of an intermediary between accuser and accused asking what people feel about the previous posts. Did you even vote last time? I will have to check. You say you want other to bring some opinions against others but there is nothing from you right now.

I was leaning towards Shin couple of posts ago because I thought that he was jumping back and forth between the 'Khell should he be/ shouldnt he be lynch' and it seemed to me that he backed out his vote when it didnt get any traction. He since then hasnt really responded even though hes got two votes, which I really dont know what to make of that. You'd think with two votes he would say something and not risk it.

Thanks, read my posts again and my opinions are there

So what are you saying about Shin now

#377 User is offline   A Demon Llama! 

• First Sword
  • View gallery

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:54 AM

Khell, you keep changing on who you'd like to vote on. GH, Mess, Unfound and now me. You keep saying who you'd rather vote on, but not voting.
No Touchy.

#378 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:55 AM

I'm about to go to bed. Can we afford to miss the lynch? Do I we even have enough to do it anyway?

#379 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:57 AM

A Demon Llama!, on 03 October 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

Khell, you keep changing on who you'd like to vote on. GH, Mess, Unfound and now me. You keep saying who you'd rather vote on, but not voting.

Hardly. I never said I would like to vote GH or Unfound. I said I found certain things they did shifty.

So the only people I've actually said I'd like to vote on are IB (and I did and he's gone), you, and Mess. And I'm currently deciding whether to probably throw away my vote on one of you two, or vote on Shin or Gust.

Voting for Shin or Gust is a serious decision, as it will be likely the swing vote which decides who gets lynched.

#380 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:58 AM

HiddenOne, on 03 October 2014 - 02:55 AM, said:

I'm about to go to bed. Can we afford to miss the lynch? Do I we even have enough to do it anyway?

If it's just us three here then no, we're missing one.

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

21 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users