Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Iron Prophet

#1 User is offline   khan1241 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

Hi, I am in the middle of reading The Bonehunters. I don't have any books with me so sorry about spelling. I am just at the part where Karsa and Semar Dev meet up with the tribes in the plain. The tribe's chief asked them to kill some raiders. Then he was talking a bit about the tribes history and religion. I am confused over the Iron Prophet. I believe the Malaz that the chief was talking about is the Malazan's. Is their Iron Prophet the then king of the Malazan Empire?

I am avoiding spoilers and didn't read any of the articles in this sections to avoid them. Sorry if this has been discussed in detail already. I figure we are all fans and enjoy talking about the series anyways.

#2 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

The Iron Prophet is Iskar Jarak. If you cannot draw the parallel further from that info, then its a RAFO (read and find out). Be aware, the Anibar person that is speaking is referring to the past but not the distant past, and that perhaps he may have only been a king as far as the Anibar were concerned. I won't say anything further as it could be considered a spoiler for later books.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#3 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

There's some subtle hints you can piece together that will reveal more about the Iron Prophet/Iskar Jarak, but don't worry about it too much - if you keep reading eventually a character or event somewhere will spell it out for you pretty straightforwardly. (And then if you re-read the whole series later on you'll have a ton of great "oh my god how did I not see this the first time" moments :p )

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users