NFL 2014-2015 Playoffs & Super Bowl

#41 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:01 PM

View PostVengeance, on 12 September 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

Reports: Adrian Peterson indicted

ESPN.com news services | September 12, 2014
Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted by a Montgomery County, Texas, grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child, multiple media reports are reporting.

The charges were confirmed by attorney Rusty Hardin, the reports said.

Peterson practiced Friday with the Vikings, who play host to the Patriots on Sunday.

Last October Peterson's 2-year-old son died in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, after being allegedly assaulted by a man who was dating the boy's mother. Peterson learned only two months earlier that he was the boy's father. The man who assaulted the boy, Joseph Robert Patterson, was charged with murder and manslaughter.

Allegedly disciplined one of his kids with a SWITCH like his dad did to him !!!

De-activated by the Vikes pending his probable arrest.

BAD WEEK FOR THE NFL. How will they handle this I wonder ?
What Would Jack Do ?

#42 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:44 PM

View PostGrumble, on 12 September 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted by a Montgomery County, Texas, grand jury on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child, multiple media reports are reporting.

Peterson practiced Friday with the Vikings, who play host to the Patriots on Sunday.

Last October Peterson's 2-year-old son died in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, after being allegedly assaulted by a man who was dating the boy's mother. Peterson learned only two months earlier that he was the boy's father. The man who assaulted the boy, Joseph Robert Patterson, was charged with murder and manslaughter.

6 week ban minimum I suspect.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#43 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:04 AM

View PostVengeance, on 12 September 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

Once the pictures get out there he is fucked.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#44 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 13 September 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 12 September 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

Once the pictures get out there he is fucked.

Probably. And from a PR point of view, that's understandable. From a "the rule is the rule" perspective, not so much.

I guess in this case, NFL should give him 6 games suspension, the US law system prosecutes him and Minnesota can decide to cut him or not. I am not sure if that is justice, but at the least it is non-biased.

If the NFL comes down harder than that, they'll basically admit that their policy is still inadequate and based on the amount of public outrage rather than standards.

That's also what puzzled me about the Rice indefinite suspension. The guy deserved thr cut and the suspension and lifelong exclusion, but the NFL basically threw their own newly made policy in the bin with the first case and let itself be ruled by public rage.

Meanwhile, SF played a DE week 1 who is also charged with domestic violence by the police pending his case, Greg Hardy is still in the league and Jameis whatshisface looks at a top draft spot this year despite being accused of rape (and theft of crab legs). The Pouncey brothers (battery, Free Hernandez shirts) are also still around.

Make it a full year of suspension, community service, re-education courses and donating the salary to charity for a first offense in which the judge rules guilty, life long suspension on a second offense. That is suitably hard to make most teams cut all but their superstars and will make them pay attention to educating their players.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#45 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

Shocked. SHOCKED that RG3 got hurt.

Best comment I've read so far- RG3 to ankle....."ankle, you a hater just like everyone else."
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#46 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

Oh dear BK...

I am going to record the game tonight I have unfollowed all NFL related twitter accounts and won't be checking this thread. Hope to watch it tomorrow night.

I don't think Grumble has my number (though I may have given it to you before) so he can't text me.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#47 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

Not gonna be too smug about Seagulls losing until I see the 49ers game. But I do have a smile on my face. :p
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#48 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:59 AM

So the first thing I see on Twitter risk someone I didn't even know was into American Football, let alone the 49ers, talking about the game. *sigh*
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#49 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 15 September 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

So the first thing I see on Twitter risk someone I didn't even know was into American Football, let alone the 49ers, talking about the game. *sigh*

Keep smiling !
What Would Jack Do ?

#50 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

Niner's dropped a gift.

What do all y'all think about the Seahawks? I have a friend (full disclosure, he's a 49rs fan), who is convinced that the Seahawks are merely a good team that only dominates opponents at home with their 12th Man.
Personally I was under the impression that the Seahawks really are a seriously dominant team, but after their loss today I'm wondering. I find it hard to believe that Rivers and the Chargers are really so much better than the Packers.

It was made clear from tape and the Packers coaches that there was a lot of communication problems, despite having trained during the summer in music-pumped-in environment.

This post has been edited by Shinrei: 15 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#51 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

*awaits huge Grumble post complete with pictures and videos about how great he thinks the Seagulls are*
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#52 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostShinrei, on 15 September 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Niner's dropped a gift.

What do all y'all think about the Seahawks? I have a friend (full disclosure, he's a 49rs fan), who is convinced that the Seahawks are merely a good team that only dominates opponents at home with their 12th Man.
Personally I was under the impression that the Seahawks really are a seriously dominant team, but after their loss today I'm wondering. I find it hard to believe that Rivers and the Chargers are really so much better than the Packers.

It was made clear from tape and the Packers coaches that there was a lot of communication problems, despite having trained during the summer in music-pumped-in environment.

Seattle has the best home field advantage in the league due to the noise the "12's" make in the stadium when at home. This gives them a huge advantage on defence and hinders visiting teams ability to communicate.

Hawks were 6-2 on the road last year but have historically struggled on the road especially on trips to eastern time zones were they are effectively playing 10:00 am games ( seattle time ) and have to travel a huge amount of miles each year.

Watched the game last night and San Diego had the ball for 42:15 compared to 17:45 for Seattle, and gained 26 first downs to 14 for the Seahawks.

Game was played in 100 degree weather so credit Seahawks D which was on the field a lot last night. Losing a tight game to a playoff team last year is not the end of the world. Also credit the Chargers for using the whole of the field and actually throwing against Richard Sherman, unlike the Packers who basically ignored his side of the field.

As defending champs the Seahawks are going to get every teams best effort this year for sure.

As for your forty-whiner friend, he must have noted that each team gets 8 home games so he cannot account for seahawks 13-3 season last year being down to just winning home games. Most teams in the league are going to be better at home and whiners have beaten Seahawks at home for last several years.

Oh and the Whiners have NO regular season wins at their new stadium thanks to some EPIC fail by kraperdick last night !

So in summary I think both the Chargers & Packers are good teams and will win plenty of games this season.

As for Seahawks, they have lost plenty of depth from team during free agency especially on defence and it will take time for new players to adjust.

Winning Home field advantage in your conference is key and if Seahawks can do it again no one will fancy coming to Seattle for playoffs !
What Would Jack Do ?

#53 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 15 September 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

*awaits huge Grumble post complete with pictures and videos about how great he thinks the Seagulls are*

Too easy !

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Grumble: 15 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

What Would Jack Do ?

#54 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:39 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 07 September 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

Is it too late to get Josh McCown back?

As a (sigh) Buccaneer fan who had hope for at least some DECENT improvement this year, what are you offering? Of course, after Cutler's performance last night, I doubt you'd offer more than a 7th round pick, if that! McCown has really thrown some godawful picks for a "veteran" quarterback (albeit, mostly as a backup). The Buc's problems go much deeper than QB, though. A defense that is supposed to be good, if not approaching great, that can't stop 2 backup QBs AT HOME spells doom and now the injuries are piling up. Oh, can't wait till we play New Orleans (that'll cheer Briar King up!) and Atlanta!

#55 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:56 AM

Oh, that end of game fucking over by the refs was just TASTY.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#56 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 14 September 2014 - 11:15 PM, said:
On the otherhand, Antonio Gates is keeping me in it.

Is gates the one that torched Richard Sherman the entire game. After they changed those rules(rules literally named after moves performed by Richard Sherman and crew) these smaller, faster receivers are smoking them.!!!!!

Lol at them seahawks now.. lol.

Brujah doing a bit of trolling in the Fantasy football forum !

Do you know anything about the sport Brujah ???

Here’s what the stats show from ESPN Stats & Information:

The Seahawks gave up two touchdown passes outside the numbers to the right side of the field, something they had not done since Week 5 of 2011.

Sherman, however, was not involved in those TD receptions by Chargers tight end Antonio Gates. But the Chargers did have some success against Sherman and did throw to his side of the field a lot more than the Green Bay Packers did in Week 1.

Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers threw to the right side of the field only three times for minus-3 yards. None of those passes was directed at Sherman.

San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers made 10 throws outside the numbers to the right side for 66 yards and two TDS. Again, Sherman was not involved in all those plays. A review of the tape shows he was involved in the coverage on six of those throws. Five were completed for 64 yards.

Rivers completed three passes for more than 10 yards on the right side of the field, which was more than the Seahawks had allowed in the last four games combined (two completions for 39 yards), including the three playoff games last season.

Sherman lined up in the slot to the left side of the field a few times Sunday, but still took 88 percent of the snaps from the offense’s right side.

So the Chargers had a little success against Sherman, but statistically speaking, it’s not a good idea to challenge him too much.

Since the start of last season, including the playoffs, Sherman has lined up at cornerback on the right side on 84 percent of defensive snaps that he has been on the field. Sherman’s eight interceptions during that span are an NFL-best.

The Seahawks have allowed the third-fewest passing yards since the start of last season on throws of more than 10 yards downfield to the right side, and their eight interceptions on those throws are tied for second most in the league.

This post has been edited by Grumble: 17 September 2014 - 09:36 PM

What Would Jack Do ?

#57 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:37 AM

WOW. Man am I glad I was watching a couple shows on dvr and not watching the beginning of the game. Turned it on a few minutes ago: 28 - 0, 3 turnovers by the Bucs. That's about right.

#58 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:41 AM

HOLY SH@T!!!!! ANOTHER return touchdown?! WTF, can ANYONE play tonight?! I expected them to get their asses kicked but this is becoming cruel and unusual. And I thought the Rays bowed out of the 2014 MLB season early!!

#59 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:50 AM

Oh, my mistake; Hester's first touchdown was an end-around, apparently, not a punt/kick return. Hallelujah!

#60 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:29 AM

Wow, gonna be a tough year for the Bucs.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users