Malazan Empire: Abyss or Apt Hoc - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Abyss or Apt Hoc

Poll: Abyss or Apt Hoc (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Abyss or Apt Hoc

1. Abyss (14 votes [51.85%])

Percentage of vote: 51.85%

2. Apt Hoc (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

3. Who? (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

4. snake0024 (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Bubba, on 05 July 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

HoosierDaddy, on 04 July 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

Bubba is a damn cheater! Lol!

I know the truth.

Just remember I can change, then lock your avatar....maybe you puking on a dog in Chicago. Posted Image

This forum has an unusually high quota of people puking on dogs.

It happened at one of the BBQ's as well.

And i seem to recall mention of it at a Manky meet too.
meh. Link was dead :(

#42 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

HoosierDaddy, on 04 July 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

There is only one true master! Kneel before your lord and savior peasants!

larlagongorry

I'm glad somebody has their head in the right place
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#43 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

I know the truth.

Just remember I can change, then lock your avatar....maybe you puking on a dog in Chicago. Posted Image

please post this, man

EDIT: Coco says what? Sometimes I miss having fun

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 05 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#44 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

HiddenOne, on 05 July 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

I know the truth.

please post this, man

EDIT: Coco says what? Sometimes I miss having fun

Attached File  HD dog.jpg (46.86K)
Number of downloads: 0

#45 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

Ha. I'd forgotten that one. Only remembered the wedding party.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#46 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

HoosierDaddy, on 05 July 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Ha. I'd forgotten that one. Only remembered the wedding party.

Attached File  hdsa.jpg (46.87K)
Number of downloads: 0

#47 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Wait. Is HD actually Brood? You look kinda similar.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#48 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Abyss, on 04 July 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

I'm on vacation it the moment and utterly hammered on microbrew beer and single malt and some crazy ass rum they serve from a jug marked XXX in a basement tiki bar so it will be a few days before I can give this thread the attention it deserves but I WIN.

Well that settles it then.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#49 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

Tisteon Simeonus, on 04 July 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

I thought the old rep wars of yesteryear happened because Steven Erikson mentioned something about how he enjoyed reading Abyss' posts and thought he was funny. This started an "Abyss Wins" thread but Apt, in his Transformer mushed brain asserted that he was was the best and people took sides or just made snarky comments from the sidelines. This then devolved into everyone saying why they win, which further devolved into "Plz gimme rep cus I'm cool lol" which was what prompted the change. I don't know why Brujah wants to bring this back up, though it is true we haven't had a good spam war for a while. In semi-related news, I miss snake0024.

I too would like full rep comments and the ability to read back through rep, not just the latest 5...

That is how the war ended. It started with abyss being the first to 100+ rep followed quickly by apt I believe. I of course was in the cat quick strike force. The war lasted many a moon and was hundreds of pages long. Those who where in it still carry the scars....
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#50 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

IANDMAITTTIS.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#51 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

Apt Hoc, on 04 July 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

I know I hit my head earlier today but is this the year 2007?

amphibian, on 04 July 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

Those who had a lot of rep could give a rep with a number attached that was bigger and bigger the more rep you had. So someone started an Abyss vs. Apt contest for rep - whoever had the most rep at the end of it "won".

Tisteon Simeonus, on 04 July 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

I thought the old rep wars of yesteryear happened because Steven Erikson mentioned something about how he enjoyed reading Abyss' posts and thought he was funny. This started an "Abyss Wins" thread but Apt, in his Transformer mushed brain asserted that he was was the best and people took sides or just made snarky comments from the sidelines.

What started it originally was that Abyss was the first forumite to reach 100 rep power.

Rep power was the amount of rep you were able to give or take from a single post. It was calculated by giving one rep power point per year you had been a member, per... 100 or 1000 posts you had made I think? And for each 1000 points of rep you had been given.

That last number, the amount of rep you had received was the reason why things spiraled out of control. As each members rep power grew, the amount of rep people were reciprocating with grew almost exponentially. Towards the end I think I had a 1000 rep power or something silly like that. Each time I was repping somebody their rep power was increasing with at least one point. Which rippled out.

Anyway, Abyss declared himself a winner and of course nobody would stand for that. I remember beating him to 200 and from there on out it was a war to see who could out snark or outwit the other one. Back then both of us were submitting a lot more content as well.

That is one thing that I like(d) about the karma system. The obsessive need to acquire rep lead to people posting more and submitting more content which lead to more traffic. It was fun. All though SOME PEOPLE may not have agreed.

EDIT: 4 votes for Abyss and 1 for Apt? I see the black cats army are still working their dark arts. For shame.

Abyss, on 04 July 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

I'm on vacation it the moment and utterly hammered on microbrew beer and single malt and some crazy ass rum they serve from a jug marked XXX in a basement tiki bar so it will be a few days before I can give this thread the attention it deserves but I WIN.

I'm back, marginally sober and mostly hungover, so let's do this...

A form reality shift brought into being the Rep system as it then was.
Apt has it right that i was the first one to reach 100. This was in part due to the signature series' being on a hot run at the time, along with some other fun stuff i had posted, mostly about Greyfrog iirc, and in part due to my innate awesomousity. I was not an admin then, btw. That happened years later.
Also, i don't think i even knew who Apt was but for some reason a rivalry was constructed by various peoples to great amusement of all.
So i hit 100 and posted a thread called 'I Win!', which basically amounted to 'My Rep just hit 100! I Win! Everybody party!!!'.
For reasons lost in the swarm of history, this triggered the Rep Wars, in which many forumites begged, pleaded, and bribed for rep.
Apt did indeed reach 200 ahead of me, and possibly 1000 tho that may have been Tiste or Illy or someone else i dunno.... The thing was, i wasn't paying attention. I hadn't really intended anything other than to acknowledge the 100 makr and it wasn't a competition or anything, but for some reason various people kept raising the rep thing...

Then Mal posted that he had actually met SE,which triggered more or less the following as reposted in 2010...

Abyss, on 08 January 2010 - 10:18 PM, said:

All you really need to take from the repwars is that I WIN.

It played out something like this - when the rep system started three forum evolutions ago, i was first to get 100 rep points. This was a big deal. my life was complete for about five whole minutes there. And there was much rejoicing.

Apt, seeking to promote himself as my 'rival' because no one was paying attention to anything else he did (it's ok Apt, you were younger and greener then), started pushing to exceed my rep score. Apt did, to his credit (or something) whore himself out extensively to obtain more and more rep. Eventually his sheer rep points did exceed my own. Then SE stated that i'm his favourite and Apt was thoroughly destroyed.

Subsequent post read something like this:

Mal:
Actually, when i met SE at the convention he said he thought Abyss was the funniest member of the forum and he'd like to meet him.

Abyss:

I WIN.

I TOTALLY WIN.

FLAWLESS WIN VICTORY ME.

THAT'S IT, THAT'S ALL GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER. CLOSE THE THREAD, CLOSE ALL THE THREADS, THE FORUM, EVERYTHING, THEN EVERYONE GO HOME AND HAVE WINSEX TO CELEBRATE, IDEALLY WITH ANOTHER PERSON, BUT EVEN IF IT'S JUST SOLO, IT'S ALL WIN AND IT'S ALL ABOUT ME. OH YEAH, 100% PURE WIN, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. HIGH KING OF HIGH HOUSE WIN. ASCENDED FROM WIN TO ELDER WIN. DO THE DANCE OF WIN. THIS IS WIN! EAT IT APT. ALL YOUR WIN IS BELONG TO ME. WINNY WIN WIN WIN. WINNIEST OF WIN ONLY WINNIER! NOW WITH EVEN MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apt:

I suck and i'm so alone.

Anyways, it was a shining moment in forum history, sadly lost in the flush but it still lives on today in myth like some urban legend where Apt wakes up in a bathtub of ice one day with all his win missing and a peculiar scar on his cerebellum.

- Abyss, still wins.

...and now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

- Abyss, notes that winning is the other half. And in the end, no matter what goes down... I WIN.

..or Wolverine does, hey, i'm easy.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#52 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

Abyss is making it very difficult not to vote for him. I have so far been able to restrain myself.

#53 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Abyss, on 07 July 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Apt did indeed reach 200 ahead of me, and possibly 1000 tho that may have been Tiste or Illy or someone else i dunno.... The thing was, i wasn't paying attention. I hadn't really intended anything other than to acknowledge the 100 makr and it wasn't a competition or anything, but for some reason various people kept raising the rep thing...

I remember being top of some list after one of the forum changes where a load of older posts were deleted so suddenly my post count was sky high (being at the time a lot younger than the then-current "oldies" who suffered a lot more from the loss of posts) and IIRC post count also counted towards rep at the time (and Phoenix Inn posts counted too!) I dunno if I ever was ahead of Apt once he got into his full blown rep-whore phase...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#54 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

I added this poll and the Shadowthrone vs Hood poll around the same time. What does it say about us that this poll has far many more responses?

Obviously, that Abyss + Aptorius could easily defeat Shaodwthrone + Hood in a battle of Wits - TO THE DEATH.

And it looks like Abyss has pulled away from snake-double0-24. And I had Faith in the snakeman for a while there.

And I'm still THOROUGHLY bummed that you guys let Wolverine beat Ironman in the last poll. Especially with what was at stake as far as Abyss not being able to mention his favorite X-Man had he lost.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#55 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:49 PM

too many young un's that don't remember the splendour of the snake.

Sad times.
meh. Link was dead :(

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users