Malazan Empire: Abyss or Apt Hoc - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Abyss or Apt Hoc

Poll: Abyss or Apt Hoc (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Abyss or Apt Hoc

1. Abyss (14 votes [51.85%])

Percentage of vote: 51.85%

2. Apt Hoc (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

3. Who? (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

4. snake0024 (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   Studlock 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostTisteon Simeonus, on 04 July 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

I thought the old rep wars of yesteryear happened because Steven Erikson mentioned something about how he enjoyed reading Abyss' posts and thought he was funny. This started an "Abyss Wins" thread but Apt, in his Transformer mushed brain asserted that he was was the best and people took sides or just made snarky comments from the sidelines. This then devolved into everyone saying why they win, which further devolved into "Plz gimme rep cus I'm cool lol" which was what prompted the change. I don't know why Brujah wants to bring this back up, though it is true we haven't had a good spam war for a while. In semi-related news, I miss snake0024.

I too would like full rep comments and the ability to read back through rep, not just the latest 5...

Brujah brings this up again (despite their sneaky, deceitful lies above) because like all great necromancers they enjoying sowing despair and reeking havoc upon unsuspecting and peaceful communities like ours.

(again I have no idea what's going on, I just enjoy the idea of a forum war and Brujah being the false profit of these two mad men)

#22 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostStudlock, on 04 July 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

I thought the old rep wars of yesteryear happened because Steven Erikson mentioned something about how he enjoyed reading Abyss' posts and thought he was funny. This started an "Abyss Wins" thread but Apt, in his Transformer mushed brain asserted that he was was the best and people took sides or just made snarky comments from the sidelines. This then devolved into everyone saying why they win, which further devolved into "Plz gimme rep cus I'm cool lol" which was what prompted the change. I don't know why Brujah wants to bring this back up, though it is true we haven't had a good spam war for a while. In semi-related news, I miss snake0024.

I too would like full rep comments and the ability to read back through rep, not just the latest 5...

Brujah brings this up again (despite their sneaky, deceitful lies above) because like all great necromancers they enjoying sowing despair and reeking havoc upon unsuspecting and peaceful communities like ours.

(again I have no idea what's going on, I just enjoy the idea of a forum war and Brujah being the false profit of these two mad men)

Deceitful Necromancer.
False Profit.
Sower of Despair.

"Son of Perdition!
Little Horn!
Most Unclean!"
-Gabriel, Constantine

[giggling childishly, nostalgic]
"I do miss the old names...." - Satan, Constantine
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#23 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

I know I hit my head earlier today but is this the year 2007?

View Postamphibian, on 04 July 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

Those who had a lot of rep could give a rep with a number attached that was bigger and bigger the more rep you had. So someone started an Abyss vs. Apt contest for rep - whoever had the most rep at the end of it "won".

I thought the old rep wars of yesteryear happened because Steven Erikson mentioned something about how he enjoyed reading Abyss' posts and thought he was funny. This started an "Abyss Wins" thread but Apt, in his Transformer mushed brain asserted that he was was the best and people took sides or just made snarky comments from the sidelines.

What started it originally was that Abyss was the first forumite to reach 100 rep power.

Rep power was the amount of rep you were able to give or take from a single post. It was calculated by giving one rep power point per year you had been a member, per... 100 or 1000 posts you had made I think? And for each 1000 points of rep you had been given.

That last number, the amount of rep you had received was the reason why things spiraled out of control. As each members rep power grew, the amount of rep people were reciprocating with grew almost exponentially. Towards the end I think I had a 1000 rep power or something silly like that. Each time I was repping somebody their rep power was increasing with at least one point. Which rippled out.

Anyway, Abyss declared himself a winner and of course nobody would stand for that. I remember beating him to 200 and from there on out it was a war to see who could out snark or outwit the other one. Back then both of us were submitting a lot more content as well.

That is one thing that I like(d) about the karma system. The obsessive need to acquire rep lead to people posting more and submitting more content which lead to more traffic. It was fun. All though SOME PEOPLE may not have agreed.

EDIT: 4 votes for Abyss and 1 for Apt? I see the black cats army are still working their dark arts. For shame.

This post has been edited by Apt Hoc: 04 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

#24 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

Apt of course. I mean Abyss is cooler and all, but my inspiration comes from Apt. Plus he started the mc thread. Kuddos.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#25 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

Snake ;)

As a large scale instigator/enjoyer of the last rep war, don't forget that we tried to make it a 3-way, then 4-way race via Brood and Illy.
meh. Link was dead :(

#26 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

Attached File  EPUWzGp.png (404.54K)
Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  yHh14Pt.jpg (200.33K)

Attached File  gWwwrIw.jpg (90.93K)

Attached File  00023.JPG (27.36K)

Attached File  FZD2HcL.jpg (53.02K)

Attached File  tihhgdD.jpg (49.32K)

some will remember the strike.

#27 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

That fucking smoking kitten. IT'S SO VILE AND DISGUSTING! IT'S UNNATURAL DAMN IT! BEGONE FOUL DEMON KITTEN!

Erhem.

Bubba and I had a picture posting contest going with one another for at least a year I think. Bubba was the one who was closest to beating my reputation score I think. Did you actually eclipse me at one point Bubba?

This post has been edited by Apt Hoc: 04 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

#28 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

I do remember being first for about a week, back in the day. Went past you and Bubba and the rest and then went powermad with reps, everywhere! Good times. I generally started posting less and less a bit after that though.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#29 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

The limit on the number of positive reps we can give sucks.

I just put Apt back down to zero by neg repping him for giggles. I would otherwise have put him up two.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#30 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

There is only one true master! Kneel before your lord and savior peasants!

larlagongorry

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 04 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#31 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

View PostApt Hoc, on 04 July 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

That fucking smoking kitten. IT'S SO VILE AND DISGUSTING! IT'S UNNATURAL DAMN IT! BEGONE FOUL DEMON KITTEN!

Erhem.

Bubba and I had a picture posting contest going with one another for at least a year I think. Bubba was the one who was closest to beating my reputation score I think. Did you actually eclipse me at one point Bubba?

I passed you....that was when I quit.

#32 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostBubba, on 04 July 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

Coward.

;)
meh. Link was dead :(

#33 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

View PostI Am Brian Blessed Not Brent Weeks, on 04 July 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

View PostBubba, on 04 July 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

Coward.

;)

No....just at that point I realized ......that the whole thing was really ...."pointless"

Attached File  apt.JPG (89.48K)

"It's good to be the King"

#34 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

Apt should be "warned" every time he posts in a movie thread. That meter should be far higher.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#35 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:53 PM

I'm on vacation it the moment and utterly hammered on microbrew beer and single malt and some crazy ass rum they serve from a jug marked XXX in a basement tiki bar so it will be a few days before I can give this thread the attention it deserves but I WIN.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#36 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

Bubba is a damn cheater! Lol!

I know the truth.

#37 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 04 July 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

Bubba is a damn cheater! Lol!

I know the truth.

Just remember I can change, then lock your avatar....maybe you puking on a dog in Chicago. Posted Image

#38 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Which I did for your own sick pleasure!

#39 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:56 AM

To make this fully clear, I AM INVITING YOU ALL TO REP ME NEGATIVELY OR POSITIVELY AND I DON'T CARE WHICH IS WHICH.

All that matters is that the rep score on every post in this thread should be something other than zero. I'm capped out on my daily rep (can't do more than a certain # in a day), but rest assured, tomorrow or the day after will see these posts getting their doses from me.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#40 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

I would totally give more rep if I could do so on the mobile version of the site.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users