• You cannot reply to this topic

MALAZAN NFL FANTASY 2014

#921 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:38 AM

Zoom right now: "So you're saying there's a chance...."
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#922 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:23 PM

No Saco for Me!!!!!
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#923 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

I got it. I don't care. I will take it because I can handle it, because I know that I don't actually deserve it. That will keep me strong until next season when I crush you all.

It didn't help that my entire RB core eventually make the IR list, that Josh Gordon was not my savior ever, and that I lost the last two weeks on bullshit. Once because my roster locked and last week when the web was out and Tats beat me since I couldn't change Mathews. So tats, just know that it should be you! Now, let the fun commence.

#924 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

Excuses, crying it I'm already.

Beat by the guy from across the pond who is still a beginner 😀
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#925 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

I've put up a good run, but I'm sure my luck has finally run out. HD's lineup for week 17 is too good.

He's got Manning vs Oakland, CJ Anderson vs Oakland, and Denver Defense vs Oakland.

Anything can happen in football, of course, but that's just money.

I regret not grabbing CJ Anderson the week he came on waiver wire, of course. I had second pick, and I believe it was Obdi(Scrote), had 1st, and Anderson was such a good pickup and I just knew Obdi was gonna snag him that I didn't even put a waiver in for him, figuring moving up to 1st would help down th road. That I consider the biggest error of my season.

I got through mostly on luck. Week 13 and 14 I grabbed St. Louis defense and they shuttout both weeks, getting me like 27 and 25 points. Points I'd not won without. That gave me me the bye, which is another auto win. Then beating Shin was just me getting lucky again as Andrew Luck has the worse game of the season.

So now I'm thinking HD is gonna win this one in a landslide, and deservingly so. HD always comes in tops on us in regular season consistently, and now he's got a lineup with arguably the best QB in the game, and the two highest rates RBs this week, with Anderson and freaking L. Bell. Two monsters. I've battled for decent RBs all season after that A. Peterson debacle.

Anyway, good luck HD. I hope I can find a way to get lucky just one more time, but if not......

Also, I wanted to say that Tapper must have had some bad luck this season. He has a monster lineup, and has had a good consistent one all season. This weeks final lineup is sick. Just wanted to give a shout out.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#926 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:46 AM

Guess there's not much interest left now that the season is winding down. Definitely can't wait for the next season.

Year 1 I had no idea what I was doing.

Year 2 I had learned, but still failed to fully understand how to play the waiver wire, nor how to spread my strength around to the different slots the best.

This year, I'm just pissed Adrian Peterson went out for the whole damn year as my first freakin pick.

So next year I plan to put myself into position to at least have a chance to dominate(assuming the luck falls my way when its time.)

Here's to O. Beckham Jr in the first round next year.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#927 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:19 AM

I ain't jinxin nothing.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#928 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

View PostBrujah, on 26 December 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

Also, I wanted to say that Tapper must have had some bad luck this season. He has a monster lineup, and has had a good consistent one all season. This weeks final lineup is sick. Just wanted to give a shout out.

Thanks. I had some misfortune (two times) with game time decisions over Aryan Foster. In those cases, starting Miller would have given a win.

Then, the two times Manning/ Cutler had stinking bad fantasy games while the other did well, I played the wrong one, but that's late round QBs for you, and a risk of any player.

I am pretty chuffed with Sanders. Best WR pick in this draft, and OB jr was a revelation from the moment he played. Luck I took hin first of the FA list, I guess.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#929 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:31 AM

View PostTapper, on 27 December 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 26 December 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

Thanks. I had some misfortune (two times) with game time decisions over Aryan Foster. In those cases, starting Miller would have given a win.

Then, the two times Manning/ Cutler had stinking bad fantasy games while the other did well, I played the wrong one, but that's late round QBs for you, and a risk of any player.

I am pretty chuffed with Sanders. Best WR pick in this draft, and OB jr was a revelation from the moment he played. Luck I took hin first of the FA list, I guess.

Yeah, I didn't even consider drafting Sanders. I figured playing under a Peyton Manning offense would increase his stats from last year, but not by enough to think further on him. Then you get the best WR of the draft considering how late he went. A monster steel.

As far as ODB(Beckham Jr), I straight up just didn't think anyone could ever be good win Eli Manning throwing to him. Damn, was I shut up or what. I remember watching him sitting on FA and not giving too much thought to him. But gotta admit, its rare for a rookie receiver to come out and be THE best WR in the game after only half a season's starts. He's a freak of nature. He's Megatron on steroids. Id consider taking him number one next year.

- Maynard James Keenan

#930 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostBrujah, on 27 December 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

Guess there's not much interest left now that the season is winding down. Definitely can't wait for the next season.

Year 2 I had learned, but still failed to fully understand how to play the waiver wire, nor how to spread my strength around to the different slots the best.

This year, I'm just pissed Adrian Peterson went out for the whole damn year as my first freakin pick.

So next year I plan to put myself into position to at least have a chance to dominate(assuming the luck falls my way when its time.)

If you take Beckam No 1 overall then you can safely say you have regressed back to your year 1 status !
1st Pick of second round possibly ...... after your RB/QB pick.
What Would Jack Do ?

#931 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

I came by to see who won. Cant believe you play in week 17!

#932 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

This is the most brutal loss I've ever had. Easily.

#933 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

I won but I don't know how.

I'm at a loss why you had Broncos on your bench.

#934 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostDaser, on 28 December 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Yeah I have been trying to get it changed for the last 2 years. Totally retarded
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#935 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

So is it over? Did Brujah win?

#936 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:26 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 29 December 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

This is the most brutal loss I've ever had. Easily.

Good game though, man. And yeah, that was just some really really bad luck on your side. Peyton Manning should have gave you minimum 20 points, which would have covered the 9 points. I also was like, "hell yeah!", when I saw you swap your defenses. I don't remember what exactly broncos got, but I knew Arizona was due for a bomb.

Still, congrats on 2nd place. The last 3 years you've done well. Before this year, I went 7th, and 7th.

I so ready to play again next season.

- Maynard James Keenan

#937 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

View PostVengeance, on 29 December 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

View PostDaser, on 28 December 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Yeah I have been trying to get it changed for the last 2 years. Totally retarded

I would be up for a change to this.

- Maynard James Keenan

#938 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostGrumble, on 28 December 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 27 December 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

If you take Beckam No 1 overall then you can safely say you have regressed back to your year 1 status !
1st Pick of second round possibly ...... after your RB/QB pick.

Meh. I'd probably take Bell or Murray (depending where he lands) first overall next year, but after that, all is open. I'd say that on average, true tier 1 receivers (Bryant, Johnson, Green, Antonio Brown, maybe Jordy Nelson) are a little better at reproducing at a high standard than most RBs are from year-to-year.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 47 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users