Malazan Empire: Some stunning views of Middle-earth - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some stunning views of Middle-earth Imagine this for Malazworld!

#1 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

The fan community for Outerra - a graphics engine capable of rendering high-quality terrain images from relatively sparse data - has recreated Tolkien's Middle-earth using the software. This has resulted in some stunning and impressive views, especially considering this is only an alpha version.

You can see more pictures here and here, and a discussion on the Outerra forum here. The dedicated Middle-earth project website can be found here. Plus there's also a tech demo video.

This could be the next big thing for fantasy cartography. Westeros or Faerun or Malaz next?
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#2 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

The fact none of those links were to a New Zealand tourism board is almost as impressive.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#3 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

Impressive but can it do potshreds :-) and the shadow warren :-)

This post has been edited by nacht: 15 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

#4 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 08 April 2022 - 08:06 AM

Some more views of Tolkien's work.

Includes link to Tolkien Estate website.

https://www.worldatl...-viewing-online
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#5 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 08 April 2022 - 04:32 PM

RIIIIIISSSSSSEEEEEEE O THREAD OF YORE!

RIIIIIISSSSSSEEEEEEE AND FULLFILL YOUR PURPOSE!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#6 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 April 2022 - 01:56 PM

Figured this thread is a good enough place to post this - limited edition illustrated version of LOTR by the Folio Society is gorgeous and also $1500...

Might be quite hard to persuade Mrs Tiste to let me get this one...

https://nerdist.com/...-folio-society/
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users