Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hust Legion in FOD

#1 User is offline   Sgt Hellian 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

Hello all. Ive read ALL the books but in FOD I kept re-reading about the Hust Legion and couldn't make out what actually happened at the end.

Did Haan Raal poison them all with the wine? I was just left really confused reading ReDone's conversation at the end when holding up the jug of wine and then all the Swords being drawn.

Any ideas please :-) Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

I took it that he had poisoned 'most', but we don't see the aftermath so we don't know if he actually got them all.

An offhand comment in DoD or TCG that the Hust Legion was last seen marching into Starvald Demelain suggests it will survive or rebuild somehow.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Lord of Hate 

• Recruit

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

The swords and armor will continue to survive no poisoning will stop them, so its really just cliffhanger i suppose, whether or not the people using them survive.

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

My guess is it will be like a DoD Bonehunters thing...plenty of death, a much-weakened force, but not total extermination.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#5 User is offline   Sgt Hellian 

• Recruit

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

Hey thanks so much for your replies. I just thought I may have missed something :).

Im looking forward to the next instalment then. Bring on Fall of Light.

#6 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:57 AM

"Five thousand warriors. From the mines, from the prisons. From the gutters. Five thousand. The Hust Legion - I saw them march out of the burning city.... The Hust Legion marched to their deaths, and no one watched them go!."

Sandalath - TCG 429
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#7 User is offline   BridgeBurner 

• High Fist

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:08 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 11 February 2014 - 03:57 AM, said:

"Five thousand warriors. From the mines, from the prisons. From the gutters. Five thousand. The Hust Legion - I saw them march out of the burning city.... The Hust Legion marched to their deaths, and no one watched them go!."

Sandalath - TCG 429

Unwitnessed... :)

#8 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

So they replace their numbers with conscription from the lowest classes by the sound of things. These are then sent into Starvald Demelain to stem the tide.

An army of rejects based around a determined core of professionals defending KG against invaders is very similar to TCG.

#9 User is offline   Sibylle 

• Recruit

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

View PostNoOneExpectsThetiamishInquisition, on 07 May 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

So they replace their numbers with conscription from the lowest classes by the sound of things. These are then sent into Starvald Demelain to stem the tide.

An army of rejects based around a determined core of professionals defending KG against invaders is very similar to TCG.

I think there's more to it, more politics and strategy that it.
The Hust gear must not fall into hands of either party, since it would mean certain tragedy and doom for many thousands. In other words: a Hust legion is for the protection of all Tiste and not for the doom of Tiste. Someone will make the decision to use the superior gear against the 'real threat': the Vitr / Starvald Demelain.

I am just wondering who thinks so selflessly, could be one of Anomanders grand decisions, or maybe an order from mother dark.
shop.RalphHuijgen.nl

#10 User is offline   paradanmellow 

• Unaligned Card
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:art, psychology, potatoes
  • walking the shores of lake Azur

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:50 AM

I am confus. I don't understand something. If Raal poisoned the Hust Legion why do the weapons react so badly when Galar Baras draws his sword? Wasn't that howl supposed to help?
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

#11 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

View Postparadanmellow, on 26 August 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

I am confus. I don't understand something. If Raal poisoned the Hust Legion why do the weapons react so badly when Galar Baras draws his sword? Wasn't that howl supposed to help?

My understanding was that the Hust effect was always a mixed bag, freaks out the enemy but doesnt exactly do good things for the wielder's sanity. There also seemed to be a sort of link between sword and weilder, so a hust blade drawn by a mourning, suicidal, borderline insane wielder prompts a bad reaction from other blades (and armor) reacting to dead owners.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#12 User is offline   paradanmellow 

• Unaligned Card
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:art, psychology, potatoes
  • walking the shores of lake Azur

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:30 PM

View PostAbyss, on 26 August 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

View Postparadanmellow, on 26 August 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

My understanding was that the Hust effect was always a mixed bag, freaks out the enemy but doesnt exactly do good things for the wielder's sanity. There also seemed to be a sort of link between sword and weilder, so a hust blade drawn by a mourning, suicidal, borderline insane wielder prompts a bad reaction from other blades (and armor) reacting to dead owners.

I see. My dog doesn't like drunks either. XD
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users