• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eclipse 5 R9 player order: blue, green, black, white, red, yellow

#2401 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 03 February 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

We were just going to whole up and build a couple of monoliths but thought we'd make it a little more interesting.

missiles are ridiculous though in a standard game. They trump most ship builds.

I don't know. Everyone's use of shields this game kept me on my toes all game. Morgoth took a hex off of me because of those damn shields and you nearly did. Khell if he ever had any materials could have done some damage as well. I was surprised by how effective they were.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2402 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

I should have kept my cruisers in D'rek's territory. 2 on 1 against her dreads, I would have had a decent shot of picking off one of them. At the least, I would have not had to bankrupt the two hexes just to make upkeep.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2403 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

View PostGnaw, on 03 February 2015 - 08:46 PM, said:

I should have kept my cruisers in D'rek's territory. 2 on 1 against her dreads, I would have had a decent shot of picking off one of them. At the least, I would have not had to bankrupt the two hexes just to make upkeep.

That's something I noticed about how you play games in general, you let your heart make way too many decisions instead of your head. Probably why I always can't seem to figure out what you are going to do next as it's probably something I wouldn't do.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2404 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

Well it was also a bit preemptive in case CF decided he wanted that 3rd monolith hex. Which he should have done instead of TatterBlend's homeworld.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#2405 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:14 AM

View Posttwelve, on 03 February 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Thanks everyone. And to IH's Curiosity about an epic battle in the GC there wouldn't have been one. I was going to concede the GC to CF if he attacked and then would have used my excess ships to gobble up high point value hexes to replace the losses of the GC. I knew that 40 points would likely win the game so as long as I could replace the points I lost in any battle I felt comfortable with losing it even to my biggest competitor.

And Blatts you put a scare in me with that battle. I couldn't believe out of 10 missile shots not a single one hit. After that I got lucky with the starbases and ancient doing enough damage that you didn't take that hex. Otherwise it would have come down to a resource tiebreaker between me and CF I believe. Glad it didn't come to that.

By Gc battle I meant CF's 4 cruisers versus your ships, which he could have made his last move. You didn't have any discs left so couldn't do anything, then it would have been down to the dice rolls, I think that battle would be very close (but the similuator is gone and i can't be bothered working it out!)

Share this topic:

• 121 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users