• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Poliel Qoestions for YOU to answer!!

#1 User is offline   Elwood 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

Hi everyone,

I really enjoyed The Bonehunters, especially when Shadowthrone told Apsalar that not even Cortillion could have done what she did to extract revenge for Kalam and kill Pearl.

Just one question that I couldn't find the answer to in the forum. When Ganoes speaks with Poliel, the goddess says that the plague is healing Burn? Or did I get the wrong impression..

Oh and going back to MOI, if Burn wakes up everyone on the plant dies?

Back to Bonehunters. When Tene Baralta is visited by the Herald from High House Chains I get the impression that the fist join the Crippled God cause. But then he dies in Mott's Hold without ever making a game changing decision other than to separate himself from the Adjunct. Unless that is the big pivotal point?

With the Deragoth and Param awakening them... The Hounds of Shadow are literally the shadows of the deragoth, and the deragoth want to merge back with them when awakened. So the place where Paran was when he unleashed them isn't the Nascent - where Trull saw the unleashing of the other two deragoth? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Oh and are D'rek and Poliel the same just different manifestations?

Thanks in advance for the answers!!

This post has been edited by Elwood: 19 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostElwood, on 19 December 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

I really enjoyed The Bonehunters, especially when Shadowthrone told Apsalar that not even Cortillion could have done what she did to extract revenge for Kalam and kill Pearl.

That exchange has always been a hot topic. Shadowthrone is referring to the 300... or was it 600? Claw that Apsalar kills single handedly during the event. Some think that Shadowthrone is saying that not even Cotillion COULD have done what she did, others, including myself, would argue that what he meant was that no-one, not even Cotillion HAS ever done what she did. I mean after all, besides some emotional baggage, they both have the same power.

Just one question that I couldn't find the answer to in the forum. When Ganoes speaks with Poliel, the goddess says that the plague is healing Burn? Or did I get the wrong impression..

It's not healing Burn, per say. Rather it is killing mankind. If Poleil kills all the civilizations, it will make Broods decision - Whether or not to wake Burn and destroy the world, much easier.

Oh and going back to MOI, if Burn wakes up everyone on the plant dies?

Actually the planet lives. The Crippled God is slowly killing Burn and along with her the world will wither and magic will disappear because the warrens are grounded in her flesh. If she awakes she will be able to purge the poison. Unfortunately that will most like also be like the world having a seizure, imagine the events of the disaster movie 2012.

Back to Bonehunters. When Tene Baralta is visited by the Herald from High House Chains I get the impression that the fist join the Crippled God cause. But then he dies in Mott's Hold without ever making a game changing decision other than to separate himself from the Adjunct. Unless that is the big pivotal point?

I can't actually remember how that guy dies. But yes, he was frowing in with the "bad guys". And then something happens... urgh, stupid memory.

With the Deragoth and Param awakening them... The Hounds of Shadow are literally the shadows of the deragoth, and the deragoth want to merge back with them when awakened. So the place where Paran was when he unleashed them isn't the Nascent - where Trull saw the unleashing of the other two deragoth? That doesn't make much sense to me.

The Hounds of Shadow are, as far as we understand it, not the Literal shadows of the Deragoth. They were created separately, how ever there is some kind of connection we don't understand.

And yes, Paran was in the Nascent. Warrens are weird.

Oh and are D'rek and Poliel the same just different manifestations?

This came up in a discussion recently. They share some of the same characteristics but they appear to be seperate entities. Poleil seems to mainly be concerned with dead and sickness, while D'rek concerns herself with decay.

#3 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Tene lost his arm and got his face burned up in Y'Ghatan, and for that he blamed Tavore, before which, through Keneb, we see as showing signs of demoralization from the way Tavore was treating him. He was somewhat vain to begin with and his perceived loss of good looks drove him further to anger. Lostara muses on this after his injury:

Joining the soldiers in their march, Lostara Yil found herself alongside Captain Faradan Sort, who told her something of Y’Ghatan’s aftermath. ‘Your Fist, Tene Baralta, was hovering on the edge of death, if not of the flesh, then of the spirit. He has lost an arm – it was burned beyond repair – and there was other damage ... to his face. I believe he was a vain man.’
Lostara grunted. ‘That damned beard of his, slick with oil.’ She thought about Tene Baralta for a time. She’d never liked him much. More than just vain. Perhaps, truth be told, something of a coward, despite all his belligerence and posturing. She remembered the way he had led the retreat following her assassination of the elder Sha’ik, and his eagerness to take credit for every success whilst dancing from the path of disaster. There had been a sadistic streak in the man, and Lostara now feared that it would burgeon, as Tene Baralta sought means to feed all that was wounded within him.

What I think happened with Baralta is that The House of Chains saw him, broken as he was, as useful, and certainly tried to get to him. But before he could ever become an effective tool of theirs for anything, Lostara killed him, because of an earlier warning from Cotillion that she would have to choose between her loyalties to the Adjunct "all that Pearl represents", i.e. the Empire. Baralta chose to extricate himself from the 14th, with Laseen's grace, and from there would have followed whatever path he being set on. Lostara put him out of his misery, and at the same time made her choice: Empire or Bonehunters?
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#4 User is offline   zohaa 

• Recruit

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:21 AM

I read that as I was starting y first read of DG and felt like an idiot.

This post has been edited by zohaa: 20 December 2014 - 07:48 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users