• You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone play World of Warcraft?

#21 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:53 PM

View PostGothos, on 23 June 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

BONUS: yesterday evening my gf played for 2 straight hours. She's not a gamer so she's having some serious trouble getting around and with movement, but I've been giving her some excercises for getting better at WSAD+mouse. Fun watching her learn tho.

One of the things that I found helped when I was struggling with that was to turn the A and D buttons into the strafe buttons instead of the turn buttons, and the Q and E into the turn buttons. I feel it's much easier to get around that way.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#22 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:26 PM

Oh I have A and D as strafe by default for years.

Also, keyboard turning is cancer in MMOs.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users