Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why the Tease?

#1 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

WHats the deal with a page and a half of Karsa in this book... He was teased early in the book and it made me just keep waiting for him. I know its a weak thing to complain about... but you cant tease me with some Karsa and then not have him reappear back in the book at all, even with all the powers that were surronding Daru.

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

SE has a Toblakai Trilogy in the works after the KT. So a Karsa cameo was appropriate, but he'll get his due in time.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

I also think there's the issue with all this stuff happening in the city that Karsa was supposed to be and not mentioning him at all would have been a mistake. I cannot wait for three books of Karsa though.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#4 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 06 November 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

I also think there's the issue with all this stuff happening in the city that Karsa was supposed to be and not mentioning him at all would have been a mistake. I cannot wait for three books of Karsa though.

Its just to announce that Karsa was there and not have someone like him not be out by his house and hear the 1000s of moranth munitions dropping and him just turn a deaf ear to it all doesnt seem in character.... Say hes out on a fishing trip or some thing... Took his daughters hunting in the north a ways... I guess i just kept waiting for him to show up all flint sword and beast mode... But i guess your suggestion that they have to make mention of him being there, cause he was there was a must. Just a tease though through the whole read for me.

Does Blood and bone keep a lot of the same characters? just as an aside?

#5 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Can't answer that in this forum, but here is a link to BaB's dramatis personae. Click at your own risk.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#6 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 06 November 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

Can't answer that in this forum, but here is a link to BaB's dramatis personae. Click at your own risk.

Yea I peeked at the character list when I got home from work... I feel like I have no willpower and don't want to wait another two days for FOD to arrive.

#7 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

I was disappointed there was a page and a half of Karsa too, but hey, at least it's not as bad as HoC...

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#8 User is offline   Tarthenal Theloman Toblakai 

• Engineer Extraordinaire!
  • Interests:Engineering, books, films, gaming, gym, running, mountain biking

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

View Posttheocean, on 06 November 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Its just to announce that Karsa was there and not have someone like him not be out by his house and hear the 1000s of moranth munitions dropping and him just turn a deaf ear to it all doesnt seem in character.... Say hes out on a fishing trip or some thing... Took his daughters hunting in the north a ways... I guess i just kept waiting for him to show up all flint sword and beast mode... But i guess your suggestion that they have to make mention of him being there, cause he was there was a must. Just a tease though through the whole read for me.

Haha
I can just imagine Karsa on holiday fishing, Auzzie style hat on with corks dangling from it, random branch (or in this case tree) with string hanging from it, wurm(s of Blearmouth) hanging on the end, chilling by the pond
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." ― Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness

#9 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostTarthenal Theloman Toblakai, on 07 November 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Haha
I can just imagine Karsa on holiday fishing, Auzzie style hat on with corks dangling from it, random branch (or in this case tree) with string hanging from it, wurm(s of Blearmouth) hanging on the end, chilling by the pond

With all his lungs he can probably just swim to the bottom and slay fish from there. What cant Karsa do is a real question.

#10 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

View Posttheocean, on 07 November 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

View PostTarthenal Theloman Toblakai, on 07 November 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Haha

With all his lungs he can probably just swim to the bottom and slay fish from there. What cant Karsa do is a real question.

Samar Dev.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users