Malazan Empire: Kalam vs. ? - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kalam vs. ? will i ever know who these people are?

#1 User is offline   Duikers'Ghost 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:physics, math, basketball, fire, beer...etc.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

So Kalam is infiltrating Korbolo Doms encampment and a Captain who Kalam thought was dead creates a diversion. I feel like I should know who this guy is, but I cant for the life of me figure it out. It does say that he was supposedly dead and that his body was found the day after the assassinations of the emperor and all that. Its just not clicking. Then Kalam faces a Talon assassin inside Korbolo Doms command tent, and the Talon says "Kalam Mekhar. You dont remember me?" then Kalam kills him and says "No. I don't." Who the hell was that guy? He had a talon branded into his forhead...i feel like ive heard that somewhere before. Im dumb i know...
res ipsa loquitor

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

re: the dead Captain - RAFO up to NoK, after that ask again if you aren't sure

re: the Talon - just a random bit of history-building, it would seem, as I don't think it's intended to be any known character from the series.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostDuikers, on 11 September 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

So Kalam is infiltrating Korbolo Doms encampment and a Captain who Kalam thought was dead creates a diversion. I feel like I should know who this guy is, but I cant for the life of me figure it out. It does say that he was supposedly dead and that his body was found the day after the assassinations of the emperor and all that. Its just not clicking. Then Kalam faces a Talon assassin inside Korbolo Doms command tent, and the Talon says "Kalam Mekhar. You dont remember me?" then Kalam kills him and says "No. I don't." Who the hell was that guy? He had a talon branded into his forhead...i feel like ive heard that somewhere before. Im dumb i know...

As Drek says for number 1 but for number 2 Im sure when korbolo Dom is listing his protectors he names one of them as a body guard to a holy Falahd. Im sure this is the link as Kalam himself was a personal bodyguard of a Falahd so thats where the link comes from. Been a long while since I had a reread but someone with better quote fu could look it up.

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Nobody mentioned any sword, NB.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users