Malazan Empire: Omen - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Omen Adjuncct Tavore's bad omen

#1 User is offline   Duikers'Ghost 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:physics, math, basketball, fire, beer...etc.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

So the baby walks out in front of the Army while everyone is forming up for inspections or whatever and he has a human bone in his hands, and everyone gets all bent out of shape because they take it as a bad omen that Tavore is a child that is gonna lead them all to their deaths. What I dont understand is how Strings et al null the omen with the finger bones. I think it has something to do with a shaved knuckle in the hole or whatever, but I'm just not smart enough to understand how it made everyone all warm and fuzzy again. Can someone help me understand this more clearly? :D
res ipsa loquitor

#2 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

From what I understood, they just rolled with the metaphorical punches. They took an omen and said "Hey, we could use that omen as our logo", and then made everyone wear bones and bone standards, so suddenly everyone felt like they owned the omen and made it their own. They controlled the omen rather than it controlling them.

It's kind of like adopting a nickname that originally has a negative connotation but turning it into "your thang".

#3 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

Have hidden post by NefaraisBredd because it's a spoiler for a much later book, and didn't add anything to the discussion at hand, imo.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users