• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

hey

#1 User is offline   Its_Winter 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:13 AM

Hey,

Thought I would join the site now that I am finally up to speed on all the books, except the novellas. Are they any good? Didnt want to get any spoilers with the main series :D. I really enjoyed the books its funny because I picked up Gardens of the Moon after a few years of first seeing the cover of House of Chains. That cover always looked epic when I was looking for a new book to read but anyway decided to finally start gardens of the moon and stopped about 200 pages in and was like WTF is going on. Anyway was busy with college and kinda of left the book for a year and read other stuff in the mean time including George RR Martin etc.... Then I picked up the book randomly one day and decided I am going to read this so I started it again and then I was hooked once I finished the book :) I was happy reading Ians work after I finished the Malazan book of the fallen series I think they are both Brilliant.

Only problem I have with the World of Malazan is now I am going to be comparing them to other fantasy books I read, its like every other fantasy book now is 2nd class :D

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:15 AM

Hey is for Rodeo's hat wearing buddy.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   Its_Winter 

• Recruit

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

hey to you too

#4 User is offline   Grimjazz 

• Old Guard
  • View gallery

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostIts_Winter, on 18 August 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Only problem I have with the World of Malazan is now I am going to be comparing them to other fantasy books I read, its like every other fantasy book now is 2nd class :D

Yeah that does seem to be the case. I finished it last year and after a short break from the world of Wu, I started a re-read just because I missed the books so much, plus I was excited to see how it would all come off on a second read through. Im on MoI right now and I have to say the books get even better the 2nd time round. Well, thats how I feel anyway. I still haven't getten round to FoD or the BaKB books yet ever. Its nice to know that theres still material out there waiting for you.
'I am going to beat a god senseless.'

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users