Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dump o' mess

#1 User is offline   Kaamos 

• EW, SHIPPER
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Hi. Need to begin with something, so here are some characters. A couple of (T'lan) Imass modeled after Neanderthals. Karsa thinking he's He-Man (By the power of the severed Deragoth Head!), sad Mappo who is sad and overall looking like a cute Finnish troll. I'm also epically slow and prone to redrawing everything 10^googolpex times, so even this has been in the works for a while; no such things as 10-minute sketches for me. Posted Image

Attached File  hahmoja1.jpg (788.15K)
Number of downloads: 2

The He-Man Orlong is something I might have plans to clean up and turn into a proper picture, but I'm not entirely sure how large the doggie heads were compared to his bulk. Also upon further consideration, I should probably drop that odd moon from his belt and use some Native American-ish decoration/motives instead (Well, upon reading, the Toblakai lands felt VERY homey: birches, firs, "Fenn", at least not sea-faring giants... Posted Image However, I've overused the theme in other works and would prefer something else.). Hmh.

Comments/crits/advice?

#2 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

First off, Karsa's chin is perfect. Second, one of his pieces of armour was a hauberk covered in I think petrified seashells, which would look pretty impressive with all the furs and whatnot. Thirdly, the Deragoth are around the size of a large bear so scale a bear's head to a nine-foot tallish buff dude. Fourth, that speech bubble is so good.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#3 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

I always pictured.the deragoth as.fucking huge, but more of a mastiff.type face than wolfish, but to me the size looks perfect.

you have great body positioning and I forget the word for body shape stuff.begins with an A I think.
great work, now MOAR!

#4 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

The T'lann Imass are amazing. Everything else is great too, but those are really really good.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#5 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

I love that speech bubble.

Samar Dev [I assume it's Samar Dev from interpreting the speech bubble] looks a lot like Scillara is described; in fact, it's a perfect Scillara. Samar Dev is a slight, small woman.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#6 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

Anatomy!!

#7 User is offline   Kaamos 

• EW, SHIPPER

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

Thanks everyone. Posted Image

I'm finding the (undead or not) Imass quite interesting to draw... Spent a fair while in Google Images browsing for Neanderthal skeletons and facial reconstructions (some of which apparently lead to some reeeally weird websites, however...).

Illuyankas, on 14 July 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Second, one of his pieces of armour was a hauberk covered in I think petrified seashells, which would look pretty impressive with all the furs and whatnot.

He's supposed to be wearing one, although I cannot recall whether the shell size was ever mentioned. It was already nice and whole at one point, but then noticed a wealth of wonkiness and had to redraw... Dx

Puck, on 14 July 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Samar Dev [I assume it's Samar Dev from interpreting the speech bubble] looks a lot like Scillara is described; in fact, it's a perfect Scillara. Samar Dev is a slight, small woman.

Correctly deciphered. Posted Image Can you provide a quote on the physique? I always thought she was short and a little plump. :-D Based on Tehol calling her "solid" and something else about "ample womanly charms", which, if I've followed SE's writing correctly, often implies some degree of BBW'ism.
I think I'd make Scillara taller.

#8 User is offline   Hocknose 

• High Fist

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

They are very good, I like them all :-)

Who is the guy in the centre?

#9 User is offline   Kaamos 

• EW, SHIPPER

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Butterfly boy? A random reborn Imass; haven't drawn any specific characters yet, but wanted to capture something of the childlike joy for instance Onrack showed in Reaper's Gale.

Thanks! :-D

This post has been edited by Torahammas: 15 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

#10 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Torahammas, on 15 July 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Correctly deciphered. Posted Image Can you provide a quote on the physique? I always thought she was short and a little plump. :-D Based on Tehol calling her "solid" and something else about "ample womanly charms", which, if I've followed SE's writing correctly, often implies some degree of BBW'ism.

Please do help my memory, but when did Tehol and Samar Dev meet?

As to her physique, I have no particular quotes at hand, except ones saying she's from Seven Cities and of average height [and, oddly enough, I remember she's at least a head taller than Feather Witch].. I probably can explain the idea that she's 'plump' you seem to have: Karsa has a habit of calling her 'soft', but this is based on that she is human, and thus soft and weak in Karsa's eyes, unused to 'real' life. It's not a description of her physique. I do think that I remember the word 'slight' used in connection to Samar Dev and I can't find a quote right now, but I am pretty sure that 'solid' is not used to describe her. It is used a lot to describe Scillara, though, and a few others.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]

#11 User is offline   Kaamos 

• EW, SHIPPER

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

Puck, on 15 July 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Torahammas, on 15 July 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Please do help my memory, but when did Tehol and Samar Dev meet?

As to her physique, I have no particular quotes at hand, except ones saying she's from Seven Cities and of average height [and, oddly enough, I remember she's at least a head taller than Feather Witch].. I probably can explain the idea that she's 'plump' you seem to have: Karsa has a habit of calling her 'soft', but this is based on that she is human, and thus soft and weak in Karsa's eyes, unused to 'real' life. It's not a description of her physique. I do think that I remember the word 'slight' used in connection to Samar Dev and I can't find a quote right now, but I am pretty sure that 'solid' is not used to describe her. It is used a lot to describe Scillara, though, and a few others.

Ah! It appears that a lonely letter T had eluded my attention (happens, English is not my native tongue). :thumbsup: Found this in the Google Books search, Reaper's Gale:

"Well", he said as he joined Tehol in front of the ruin, "at least that foreign witch is gone."
"She was a foreign witch? Rather pretty, in a stolid, earthy way. " [. . .]

This is from The Bonehunters, however:
"Still, a lone rider could as easily be one too many for her salvation, for she was a woman with ample womanly charms, and she was alone." <-Which, to me, says "plump" (it's all fat tissue anyway, and thin women usually have small "charms" and even less hips), but may depend on the reader.

#12 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

I'm still not convinced. Not because I want to be stubborn, but because of these two things:

1. 'Ample womanly charms' does not equal 'plump'. I can think of quite a few women I know that have very feminin/womanly physiques but do not sport the excess weight that is associated with being plump. Particularly, the butt comes to mind. Bigger butts but small, delicate waists are not uncommon. All in all, and that's my personal opinion, of course, I see Samar Dev as a woman with a very feminin figure that is of average height and weight but who has something frail about her, promting her to develop her 'Don't you mother me'-pattern of behaviour. Something that, say, Scillara or tattersail do not have to deal with because, contrary to Samar Dev, they are oozing confidence.

2. Whatever Samar Dev thinks about herself should maybe be taken with a pinch of salt, as she's prone to sarcasm and overdoing it when it somes to those things she considers negative about herself.

3. Even filtered through a Karsa-meter, Karsa's 'I shall break you'-talk wouldn't be half as funny if there weren't some truth to it, and unless I've read a different series, Karsa is quite perceptive about these things and knows what to say to make Samar Dev fume.

Also, I can't believe I'm actually typing all of that, haha.

#13 User is offline   Kaamos 

• EW, SHIPPER

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Puck, on 15 July 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Also, I can't believe I'm actually typing all of that, haha.

Posted ImagePosted Image

No huge deal, just how I saw her in my head. Or perhaps it says something about the local genetics that I know persons from either end of the scale, but not really any delicate yet very curvy types.

This post has been edited by Torahammas: 15 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users