• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 103 - Codex Alera Game Thread

#241 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

I'm sorry that I made your brain hurt. I shall forthwith stop posting my thoughts as this is clearly not in line with Mafia play nowadays.

Oh jfc, butthurt much. Posted Image Despite how aggressively defensive you are...

View PostOkaros, on 26 June 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but this is really sympy behavior. as has been stated, you give no reason for why you don't want a fener lynch, but just say you don't want it. Plus, while Ryll is in fact throwing shit around, he just seems to be going batshit crazy defending himself, while Fener's slip, unlike Rylls, had others defending him. Namely you. So I feel more compelled to vote for someone who is defended by others than someone defended by themself only

.. I'll vote Fener in a bit. I'm around for end of day, so I can hammer if need be.

After catching up, don't have much to say on the Vord Queen argument/discussion - there's really no new possibilities I could contribute in that direction, or about the Vord in general, and I don't necessarily agree Gait was symping? I mean, I'm reluctant to vote Fener too, if only because he replied coherently and reasonably to each accusation/point.

Then again, Okaros' point above, as well as Trake's that he just made, makes Fener the most reasonable lynch for Day 1, imo.

I'm also still a bit stuck on Alkend's "contributions."

#242 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostGalain, on 26 June 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

explain the blue roads, Mr. Book Knowledge Fener

Ocean. Hence blue.

#243 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

It's possible that he's able to fortify the tiles, like when we saw certain infestation counters increased by one or two. But this seems a little too convenient; a guy who has a power that is diametrically opposed to the chaps we are hunting.

Don't lynch me, I'm super useful.

And in any case, if there are FM/recruiter players on the Vord side, as speculated earlier, they'd want to take him over tonight. If he's so useful for the anti-Vord factions that he's absolutely not disposable, then he'd be a godsend: one guy who is too useful to lynch.
Basically, Fener, if you're not lying, we can't let you survive anyway, since tonight you're either going to take attacks and heals that could be put to better use (less ambiguous/suspicious characters), and/or you're going to be turned.

No, I can Fortify as can anyone who can use Earth, I also have an ability that *removes* some croach. From a non-fully infested tile admittedly. I burn it back. Fire aspected as I said.

Yes, they may want to take me over or I may be too big a risk given the flak I've attracted today.

There is, also, as you will have noticed, the wood fury. A GUARD. So anyone not on Naresh or Calderon would be able to Guard me. Guard > Recruit.

wtf you smoking?

being guarded won't stop you from being recruited. It never does. the recruiter would need to be gaurded for a recruit to fail.

#244 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostTellan, on 26 June 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

I'm sorry that I made your brain hurt. I shall forthwith stop posting my thoughts as this is clearly not in line with Mafia play nowadays.

Oh jfc, butthurt much. Posted Image Despite how aggressively defensive you are...

View PostOkaros, on 26 June 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but this is really sympy behavior. as has been stated, you give no reason for why you don't want a fener lynch, but just say you don't want it. Plus, while Ryll is in fact throwing shit around, he just seems to be going batshit crazy defending himself, while Fener's slip, unlike Rylls, had others defending him. Namely you. So I feel more compelled to vote for someone who is defended by others than someone defended by themself only

.. I'll vote Fener in a bit. I'm around for end of day, so I can hammer if need be.

After catching up, don't have much to say on the Vord Queen argument/discussion - there's really no new possibilities I could contribute in that direction, or about the Vord in general, and I don't necessarily agree Gait was symping? I mean, I'm reluctant to vote Fener too, if only because he replied coherently and reasonably to each accusation/point.

Then again, Okaros' point above, as well as Trake's that he just made, makes Fener the most reasonable lynch for Day 1, imo.

I'm also still a bit stuck on Alkend's "contributions."

It's a pity there isn't a "Have Read the Book" faction because that "symping" would have outed a good proportion of them.

#245 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostGalain, on 26 June 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

How has such a train built when there should be little confidence on the part of the general populace regarding Fener's alignment?

The way I see it, it's a faction game. There is some murmuring that the Vord should be the first target, as is common for suspected cult factions, since they tend to be unstoppable late game. We don't know what Faction Fener is in. But it's still a faction game. The usual rule in faction games is, "Well, he ain't my leader, so I'll vote."

Poor form to build a case out of basically stated book knowledge, but that's how it goes in Malazan Mafia.

#246 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostLiosan, on 26 June 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

No, I can Fortify as can anyone who can use Earth, I also have an ability that *removes* some croach. From a non-fully infested tile admittedly. I burn it back. Fire aspected as I said.

Yes, they may want to take me over or I may be too big a risk given the flak I've attracted today.

There is, also, as you will have noticed, the wood fury. A GUARD. So anyone not on Naresh or Calderon would be able to Guard me. Guard > Recruit.

wtf you smoking?

being guarded won't stop you from being recruited. It never does. the recruiter would need to be gaurded for a recruit to fail.

Yeh brain fart. I don't smoke so I'm going to go and have a drink. Happy?

#247 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostEmurlahn, on 26 June 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 June 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

It is Day 1. 2 hours 31 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

10 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood's Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn, Ultama, Demelain)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)
1 vote for Ryllandaras (Nimander Golit)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Venesara

Not sure if this is a miscount by the moderator, but there are 11 votes for Fener listed here...

There are 11 votes. I added deme but forgot to change the number.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#248 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Cool, l-1, my suffering is almost over. You want to do an update at 5min before time so people know when to hammer to draw this out as long as possible?

#249 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

FWIW, if I had to guess a faction for Fener, I'd say First Aleran. He has the ability to fight the infestation, and FA seems to be dedicated to getting rid of the Vord. If he's FA, the main reason to not lynch him is to have him fight the infestation. He says he started on Aquatine and is moving to Ceres. That's a move of 2, which seems reasonable given that we don't know much about movement abilities (other than that Loyalists have higher movement than Rebels, according to the setup).

#250 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Strangely enough, for a faction game where I've been essentially spouting info form my PM no-one has asked what faction I'm in. I'll take that to my grave as a favour to the rest of my team.

#251 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 June 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

It is Day 1. 2 hours 31 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

10 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood's Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn, Ultama, Demelain)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Venesara

Also this is the last vote update... if I'm not mistaken, day has already ended...

#252 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

I think we have another hour yet?

#253 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Yes, another hour to go.

#254 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 June 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

It is Day 1. 2 hours 56 minutes remaining.

8 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood's Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Ultama, Venesara

Here's the remaining time from the previous P-S post... by this post, the timer ends... in one minute, depending on when this posts.

#255 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

Nope. Your sums are nearly as bad as PS's this game :p (Sorry)

#256 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

We have another 50 mins or so.

EDIT: Editing because wow redundant statement is redundant, apologies, did not see other replies.

This post has been edited by Tellan: 26 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

#257 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostEmurlahn, on 26 June 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 June 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

It is Day 1. 2 hours 56 minutes remaining.

8 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood's Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Ultama, Venesara

Here's the remaining time from the previous P-S post... by this post, the timer ends... in one minute, depending on when this posts.

nope, should be 1 h left by my timestamps

#258 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Oh I see. The Emurlahn alt is one-hour off of my time. DST time correction is so broken on these forums.

#259 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

Strangely enough, for a faction game where I've been essentially spouting info form my PM no-one has asked what faction I'm in. I'll take that to my grave as a favour to the rest of my team.

So which faction are you? =p

#260 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostEmurlahn, on 26 June 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Oh I see. The Emurlahn alt is one-hour off of my time. DST time correction is so broken on these forums.

Probably set to GMT and the DST box unticked. Settings / General / Timezone to fix.

Share this topic:

• 184 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users