• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 103 - Codex Alera Game Thread

#181 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

Ok, looks like Rylll is trying to be even more edgyand controvertially stupid than Fener, to steel the lynch crown. Not sure which of 'em i'd prefer fro Day 1. prolly still fener, since he has defenders, whereas no one stepped up to back up Ryl yet.

I'll be on again later, gotta get back to work.

#182 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostLiosan, on 26 June 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

so do you think he's fake-symping fener or not?

Probably, yeah. Although I really don't understand why.
I'm not particularly concerned who we vote off, although as you say, Fener has defenders, which makes me lean towards him.
Given the rate of infections, I don't think we can afford to miss a lynch today, either.

#183 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostLiosan, on 26 June 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

View PostKorbas, on 26 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

If Vord start far left of the map do we think the two competing factions start around the middle and the First Aleran's far right? Just thinking this may be important at some point.

First Aleran prolly starts in Calderon. Loyalists start in the capital. Rebels prolly start in whichever's the third tile with a resist modifier active.

First Aleran legion was NEVER in Calderon. The fortifications in Calderon are probably the work of count Bernard a loyalist. who fortified the valley for 3 books by himself.

#184 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Also, I don't understand why I would fake-symp Fener.

#185 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostGait, on 26 June 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

View PostLiosan, on 26 June 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

View PostKorbas, on 26 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

If Vord start far left of the map do we think the two competing factions start around the middle and the First Aleran's far right? Just thinking this may be important at some point.

First Aleran prolly starts in Calderon. Loyalists start in the capital. Rebels prolly start in whichever's the third tile with a resist modifier active.

First Aleran legion was NEVER in Calderon. The fortifications in Calderon are probably the work of count Bernard a loyalist. who fortified the valley for 3 books by himself.

Meh, i read book 1, and Tavi the main Char was in Calderaon. He's also the leader of the Alerans in the game... hence my conclusion

#186 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostGait, on 26 June 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Also, I don't understand why I would fake-symp Fener.

why indeed... unless you're actually symping him?

#187 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostGait, on 26 June 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

In other news, after sleeping on it I think the Vord faction is one player with 3 alts, each alt representing a Queen and her army+helpers (including Keepers, Takers, mantises, Vordknights, etc). Just like how a furycrafter can only use one active ability with their attack, OR can only do one of their fury abilities instead of an attack, the Queens probably have multiple abilities that each Queen can only use one of each cycle (ie: Recruit, Attack, etc). Also, the 3 Queens being united under one player makes them more of a hive-mind horde mentality/behaviour.

And yet the OP talks about eliminating the Vord Queen singular...Yes, you say each queen is controlled by the same person, but that would still make it 3 Queens to eliminate, not just the one.

The fact that there are multiple queens, one of them being the Prime Queen, has been discussed a lot already. That you could somehow miss it while doing your fake-dkt-catch-up is ludicrous, except of course that you weren't really catching up but looking for whatever shit you could find to throw at people (poorly)

I didn't miss it. But you didn't say it here now did you?

So now you're changing your notion (which you slept on and thought a great deal about) from their being three Vord Queens to their being one Prime Queen, which you did not mention in any way, shape, or form in your previous post. It's alright, I'll allow you to admit that you were wrong.

Or, you know, you can keep scrambling and taking erroneous pot shots at me.

Except for, you know, this post from yesterday:

DDUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

vote Ryllandaras

Honestly, I agree with NG when he says Ryll is throwing all the shit can around. so I will vote him now.

Vote Ryll.

I will vote Fener if needed for a lynch but I wouldn't like a Fener lynch.

What is it with you and Fener? You're not even being subtle about it.
You defend him once, and now you're saying you don't want to lynch him unless you're forced to, without anything backing that up? Just "I wouldn't like it?"
I don't know what you're playing at here, but it looks like you're either really defending Fener, or you're trying to get him lynched. Either way..
Remove vote
Vote Gait

it's simple mafia logic. You vote the master, not the symp. If Gait is symping fener, then you should vote fener. If he's fake symping him, and we lynch fener, then we learn more about Gait. Either way, we learn something.

I say fener is the better choice.

Vote Fener

#188 User is offline   Alkend 

• Lieutenant

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Sorry guys, got no time, and won't be around again till tomorrow, so just gonna throw the vote on now.

Vote Fener

It's not the best, it's not the worst, it's a day 1 suspicion! But I've kinda gone over to the thinking that the keepers thing might really have been a slip, and it'll seriously annoy me if it turns out we let that go.

#189 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostGait, on 26 June 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 June 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostNimander Golit, on 26 June 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

In other news, after sleeping on it I think the Vord faction is one player with 3 alts, each alt representing a Queen and her army+helpers (including Keepers, Takers, mantises, Vordknights, etc). Just like how a furycrafter can only use one active ability with their attack, OR can only do one of their fury abilities instead of an attack, the Queens probably have multiple abilities that each Queen can only use one of each cycle (ie: Recruit, Attack, etc). Also, the 3 Queens being united under one player makes them more of a hive-mind horde mentality/behaviour.

And yet the OP talks about eliminating the Vord Queen singular...Yes, you say each queen is controlled by the same person, but that would still make it 3 Queens to eliminate, not just the one.

The fact that there are multiple queens, one of them being the Prime Queen, has been discussed a lot already. That you could somehow miss it while doing your fake-dkt-catch-up is ludicrous, except of course that you weren't really catching up but looking for whatever shit you could find to throw at people (poorly)

I didn't miss it. But you didn't say it here now did you?

So now you're changing your notion (which you slept on and thought a great deal about) from their being three Vord Queens to their being one Prime Queen, which you did not mention in any way, shape, or form in your previous post. It's alright, I'll allow you to admit that you were wrong.

Or, you know, you can keep scrambling and taking erroneous pot shots at me.

Except for, you know, this post from yesterday:

DDUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

vote Ryllandaras

Honestly, I agree with NG when he says Ryll is throwing all the shit can around. so I will vote him now.

Vote Ryll.

I will vote Fener if needed for a lynch but I wouldn't like a Fener lynch.

I'm sorry, but this is really sympy behavior. as has been stated, you give no reason for why you don't want a fener lynch, but just say you don't want it. Plus, while Ryll is in fact throwing shit around, he just seems to be going batshit crazy defending himself, while Fener's slip, unlike Rylls, had others defending him. Namely you. So I feel more compelled to vote for someone who is defended by others than someone defended by themself only

#190 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Eh, alright then.
Remove vote.
Vote Fener.
On to the train I go.

#191 User is offline   Gait 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

Meh.

Remove Vote
Vote Fener

4 hours (?) kleft on the clock and the only acceptable candidate.

#192 User is offline   Hood's Path 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

I'm not particularly concerned who we vote off, although as you say, Fener has defenders, which makes me lean towards him.
Given the rate of infections, I don't think we can afford to miss a lynch today, either.

Now, the underlined is quite interesting, if you ask me. Sounds like you have no need to be concerned about any team mates.

vote Trake

#193 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

It is Day 1. 4 hours 57 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

6 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait)
2 votes for Trake (Fener, Hood’s Path)
1 vote for Ryllandaras (Nimander Golit)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Ultama, Venesara

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 26 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#194 User is offline   Pran Chole 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Alright, so I think I'm caught up. We have a whole lot of posts from Ryll, a whole lot of somewhat less coherent posts from Nim and a lot of sympage of Fener. Did I miss anything? I mean, I'm probably gonna vote Fener since obvious Vord is obvious, but I wanna know if I missed anything in the thread first.

#195 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostHood, on 26 June 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Now, the underlined is quite interesting, if you ask me. Sounds like you have no need to be concerned about any team mates.

vote Trake

I meant between Ryll, Fener, and Gait, because all of them rubbed me the wrong way to some degree; Ryll less so, mind you. I'm not for completely indiscriminate lynchings, but I'd like to get a CF and some information, because otherwise we're just gonna debate meta forever.

#196 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

vote Trake

I meant between Ryll, Fener, and Gait, because all of them rubbed me the wrong way to some degree; Ryll less so, mind you. I'm not for completely indiscriminate lynchings, but I'd like to get a CF and some information, because otherwise we're just gonna debate meta forever.

There is no meta *jedimindtrick*

what? don't look at me like that. I'm slowly going insane @ work.

#197 User is offline   Hood's Path 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

vote Trake

I see and I agree that we need a CF, otherwise we would have a second day 1.
remove vote

#198 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

It is Day 1. 4 hours 25 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

6 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)
1 vote for Ryllandaras (Nimander Golit)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Galain, Hood’s Path, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Ultama, Venesara
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#199 User is offline   Hood's Path 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

I won't be back before timeout, so

vote Fener

#200 User is offline   Pran Chole 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Well, since I'm now reread a 3rd time I think I know everything that's going on. So
vote Fener
For the slip, the fact that he got symped, etc.

Share this topic:

• 184 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

57 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 57 guests, 0 anonymous users