Malazan Empire: Malazan NFL Fantasy 2013 - Malazan Empire

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan NFL Fantasy 2013 Yup, I am addicted.

#701 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostVengeance, on 30 December 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

View PostPossibly Brent Weeks, on 30 December 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 30 December 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

Thank you

Thank you

;)

I hope you all appreciated The League reference.

I wanted to be a gracious winner and all that.

The era of Ruxin has come. Tell Vengy to put on a stupid hat so you can finish.

Please the era of Ruxin will commence once I have won. Lets be honest the best that any of you others could do is going to be a pale imitation of when I win.

As the winner of the Malazan League my first duties as CHAMPION is to delcare that Vengy must sport Oregon State apparal at least once a week until a new Champion is crowned. He must also denounce any and all loyalty to the hated team located in Eugene and must also berate and belittle anyone that he witnesses as routing for said team while proudly proclaiming that he is an Oregon State Beaver fan.

Game, set, match.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#702 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

View Posttwelve, on 30 December 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Thank you

Thank you

;)

Please the era of Ruxin will commence once I have won. Lets be honest the best that any of you others could do is going to be a pale imitation of when I win.

As the winner of the Malazan League my first duties as CHAMPION is to delcare that Vengy must sport Oregon State apparal at least once a week until a new Champion is crowned. He must also denounce any and all loyalty to the hated team located in Eugene and must also berate and belittle anyone that he witnesses as routing for said team while proudly proclaiming that he is an Oregon State Beaver fan.

Game, set, match.

Except Vengeance didn't win the Sack-o, Tats and I played for that and Tats lost. Therefore, you are only able to order Tats to do something like that.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#703 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

No more playoff format! Down with the playoffs!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#704 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

Thank you

Thank you

;)

Game, set, match.

I am proudly wearing a Oregon Ducks sweater today. Who is this oregon state that you talk about. The only record that I can find of them is that they didn't go to a bowl from 1965 to 1999 other then one year in 1980 when they went to the Mirage bowl but had a 0-11 record. So I don't really know of whom you speak as far as I am aware the OREGON DUCKS are the only collegiate football team in the great state of Oregon.

Do you by chance mean that high school team in Corvallis that plays at Reser stadium? Also I think you have me confused with the winner of the saco.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#705 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 30 December 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

I was expecting you to come in here pitching a fit about losing to a Kiwi for 3rd. ;)
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#706 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostPossibly Brent Weeks, on 30 December 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

I was expecting you to come in here pitching a fit about losing to a Kiwi for 3rd. ;)

See I was thinking that he would be ranting about having the best record for a second year in a row and a bye and then losing.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#707 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Congrats twelve ;)

That was fun! Muhahahaha I beat HD
*Men's Frights Activist*

#708 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostPossibly Brent Weeks, on 30 December 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Thank you

Thank you

;)

Game, set, match.

Except Vengeance didn't win the Sack-o, Tats and I played for that and Tats lost. Therefore, you are only able to order Tats to do something like that.

It wouldn't be anywhere near as fun making Tatts do it. But if I must I'll just have to figure out what his least favorite team is and substitue Beaver gear for that teams colours. I don't suppose you would like to volunteer that information there Tatts?

#709 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

HAHAHAHA.

I've made the playoffs as the 6th seed both years and have won at least one game each year.

It's not how many games you win it's when you win them.

#710 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

Second year in a row where I score top 3 in points per game/ points total (1st this year) and top 3 in points against (3rd this year). I envy your schedules and want an easy one next year.

Also, thanks everyone for playing! I think Tatts forgot to update his team a couple of times (Victor Cruz out for the year but still in the team) but we had a 100% active league this time around, and it was a joy.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 31 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#711 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yup, great year (aside from my team's collapse in the final week of the season to lose my bye, then playoffs. Losing AP hurt there). Tapper is right that it's a lot more fun when everyone is active, though it makes the waiver wire harder.

Anyway, congrats Twelve on winning!

#712 User is offline   ShanRawr 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Congrats twelve!

#713 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostTapper, on 31 December 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Second year in a row where I score top 3 in points per game/ points total (1st this year) and top 3 in points against (3rd this year). I envy your schedules and want an easy one next year.

Also, thanks everyone for playing! I think Tatts forgot to update his team a couple of times (Victor Cruz out for the year but still in the team) but we had a 100% active league this time around, and it was a joy.

Yeah once I broke up for holidays I couldn't log on to change my team. I do it from my work computer which hurt the last couple of weeks. I just saw that Twelve beat Venge in the final! ha ha ha

Where's that rep button!!!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#714 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

View Posttwelve, on 30 December 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

View PostPossibly Brent Weeks, on 30 December 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Thank you

Thank you

;)

Game, set, match.

It wouldn't be anywhere near as fun making Tatts do it. But if I must I'll just have to figure out what his least favorite team is and substitue Beaver gear for that teams colours. I don't suppose you would like to volunteer that information there Tatts?

I don't know much about hating a team or disliking anyone. I have chosen to support the Dolphin's and follow them on facebook and twitter. I guess my rivals would be the Jaguars? Even though there are another 2 teams at least in the Florida state. I have been to Florida and is my reasoning for choosing to support a team from there. I don't own any American Football wear though. Maybe a change of avatar if you must. Unless it is HD that decides. I didn't change my team and is most probably why I received the Sacko.

#715 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Ganoes Paran said:

I don't know much about hating a team or disliking anyone. I have chosen to support the Dolphin's and follow them on facebook and twitter. I guess my rivals would be the Jaguars? Even though there are another 2 teams at least in the Florida state. I have been to Florida and is my reasoning for choosing to support a team from there. I don't own any American Football wear though. Maybe a change of avatar if you must. Unless it is HD that decides. I didn't change my team and is most probably why I received the Sacko.

Your rivals would be the other teams within the AFC East division, so the Jets, Bills, and Pats. More Jets/Pats than Bills though. There is a lot of history between these teams since they play each other twice a year, and that leads to some big rivalrys.

#716 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostStalker, on 02 January 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

Ganoes Paran said:

Your rivals would be the other teams within the AFC East division, so the Jets, Bills, and Pats. More Jets/Pats than Bills though. There is a lot of history between these teams since they play each other twice a year, and that leads to some big rivalrys.

That's weird considering the proximity. How close are the Pats and Jets? Man united and Man City are major rivals for example because they are in the same city. One is blue and one is red and the HATE each other something fierce.

#717 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

I'm posting my reply into this thread as it's more appropriate.

View PostGanoes Paran, on 02 January 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 January 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 02 January 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 02 January 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Whoa!!!

People are actually back and playing?!

Be still my beating heart!!!

Confirm my provisional after Gnaw makes his move. Now to prod Grievance to get in the act or else it will be another 2 weeks before we move on.

Venge will want his reVenge after you winning the FF

edit

also you must be happy IH has gone and won't be able to spot what you are doing to counter you ;)

I have to say it's not going to suck. WCS IH gave them specific instructions on what to do if I do X but here's to hoping he missed a senario or two.

And Tatts when i was trying to find out which team you dislike or hate the most I wasn't talking NFL football team I was talking about any sports team so I want a soccer team name that you have to sport team colors for that you would rather not be caught seen in. Maybe Khell can tell me who your favorite team's rival is.

Oh suck my balls Twelve. We were definitely talking American football. I'd rather die. I'd need to know of a forfeit before I engage in something like that, maybe next year when I am a bit more clued up in your world of American Football. I still have no clue how to use the waiver properly and who is good to get over and why.

Looks like I hit a nerve. MWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

You lost the Sacko buddy. Now it's time to pay the price for your horribly poor performace this last season.

HAHAHAHA!!!

What do people think? Should we institute a Sacko penalty on poor Tatts?

Maybe have Tatts put on a rival T-shirt and post a picture of it on thread. A one time deal isn't too outrageous.

#718 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Nowhere was a sacko mentioned. I only know of it due to watching the League.

#719 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Ganoes Paran said:

1388680311[/url]' post='1104484']

Stalker said:

1388680188[/url]' post='1104483']

Ganoes Paran said:

That's weird considering the proximity. How close are the Pats and Jets? Man united and Man City are major rivals for example because they are in the same city. One is blue and one is red and the HATE each other something fierce.

Pats and Jets are about 4 hours apart, and are huge rivals too, but geographic location isn't the main factor. For the most part, NFL rivals exist because they are forced to play each other twice a year, due to being in the same division, with the top team (out of four) getting into the playoffs. That makes all those games important for standing. The Dolphins get to play against every other conference team (AFC) every two years, and each non-conference team (NFC) once every four years. With that kind of rate, you do see rivals within a conference, but rivals outside of a conference are rare.

#720 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostStalker, on 02 January 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 02 January 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

View PostStalker, on 02 January 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

Ganoes Paran said:

Pats and Jets are about 4 hours apart, and are huge rivals too, but geographic location isn't the main factor. For the most part, NFL rivals exist because they are forced to play each other twice a year, due to being in the same division, with the top team (out of four) getting into the playoffs. That makes all those games important for standing. The Dolphins get to play against every other conference team (AFC) every two years, and each non-conference team (NFC) once every four years. With that kind of rate, you do see rivals within a conference, but rivals outside of a conference are rare.

That is interesting. Do you also get the rivalries due to success? Liverpool and Manchester United are massive rivals in the UK because they have won similar silverware and more than anyone else in the country.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users