Malazan Empire: Malazan NFL Fantasy 2013 - Malazan Empire

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan NFL Fantasy 2013 Yup, I am addicted.

#661 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 07 November 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 07 November 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 07 November 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 07 November 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Taps, our squads are too similar, if you want something ask. But, KL I offered you some loving.

I have just done a trade offer, Luck, Jackson and Royal for Rivers, Green and Jackson.

Tatts, I don't think you have the slightest clue how this game works. No wonder you refuse all the trades that are EXTREMELY in your favor. It's because you have zero clue what's in your favor.

This trade you are offering HD is really, really bad, and he'd never ever take it.

Rivers > Luck
Green is one of the top WRs in game, and Royal is garbage, and not even CLOSE.
Fred Jackson is many, many times more valuable than Steven Jackson.

ROFL.

Dude, you just offered him 3 weaker players for a top 4 QB, top 5 WR, and decent RB.

That's not how trades work, dude. You don't make your team better by screwing someone else. You try to offer trades that help you both. Like offering a really good RB for a really good WR, when the case is that you have the extra RB, the other guy could use it, and he is willing to part with the WR you need.

He didn't grow up with football, so he's gradually learning. It's better to be too stingy in that case than too giving, so I don't fault him. I'm just happy non-Americans are getting into football.

It's not the football part, its the common sense aspect and its mostly math. Look at KL. I'm not sure, but I didn't figure her for a huge NFL fan, but she knows how to add, read, and research.

I just get frustrated with Tatts because he won't even listen to people when they try to offer him help or advice. I tried all last season to help him, but he never paid any attention.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#662 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

You ain't got nobody worth trading for a stud WR unless you want to trade your two studs: Matt Forte and Victor Cruz. Fred Jackson is your best player now other than them. I gave you two "studs" for 1 and a half. Don't be greedy! :)
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#663 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostBrujah, on 07 November 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Taps, our squads are too similar, if you want something ask. But, KL I offered you some loving.

I have just done a trade offer, Luck, Jackson and Royal for Rivers, Green and Jackson.

Tatts, I don't think you have the slightest clue how this game works. No wonder you refuse all the trades that are EXTREMELY in your favor. It's because you have zero clue what's in your favor.

This trade you are offering HD is really, really bad, and he'd never ever take it.

Rivers > Luck

ROFL.

Dude, you just offered him 3 weaker players for a top 4 QB, top 5 WR, and decent RB.

That's not how trades work, dude. You don't make your team better by screwing someone else. You try to offer trades that help you both. Like offering a really good RB for a really good WR, when the case is that you have the extra RB, the other guy could use it, and he is willing to part with the WR you need.

He didn't grow up with football, so he's gradually learning. It's better to be too stingy in that case than too giving, so I don't fault him. I'm just happy non-Americans are getting into football.

It's not the football part, its the common sense aspect and its mostly math. Look at KL. I'm not sure, but I didn't figure her for a huge NFL fan, but she knows how to add, read, and research.

I just get frustrated with Tatts because he won't even listen to people when they try to offer him help or advice. I tried all last season to help him, but he never paid any attention.

I gotcha, it just read a bit insulting and I don't want to turn people off of football. But, you no better than I in this case.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#664 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostBrujah, on 07 November 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Rivers > Luck

ROFL.

Brujah don't get all worked up. I know how negotiations work. I know what I was offering was advantage to me, and heavily in my favour. I also listened to you regarding Hoosier and his liking of Luck. Therefore, I wanted to see if he would accept the trade because of his love for Luck. Same as me getting Suarez off someone and being worse off. If you love the player you might be tempted to go for a worse trade. Not everyone is hitting their projected points, look at Obdi, he has a high scoring team but is bottom of the pack. His gamble on Luck could win him the Superbowl this year. In the end, I got a better deal on paper but you don't know what will happen over the course of the season. Luck could take off. So could Fitzgerald, i've been waiting for him to start flying and think he will soon.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#665 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 07 November 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 07 November 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 07 November 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

By the way, I'm taking all the risk, I think. Fitzgerald sans real QB and Luck w/out Wayne... could pay of huge, but you get steady work in Rivers and Jackson.

Rivers and Fred Jackson for Luck and Fitzy?

That's a really good trade for you, Tatts. Rivers is like 3rd best QB so far. And the only good RB you have is Forte. Now you can run Forte and Fred Jackson, and drop Ryan Matthews so everyone stops laughing at you.

ha ha is Matthews a bad choice? I don't know who he is lol

But the beauty is, you don't have to. We don't know all these players so well either. And those numbers for projections for the week aren't written in stone, but they're a good clue for starting. But basically all you had to do was click the yellow box by his name and read all the 'this is a bad matchup.......wouldn't risk him against Denver......etc......he's not good or used much when playing from behind and they may be playing from behind......etc.....

It's all there.

But anyway, you can get by with Forte and both Jacksons. Put one in flex. You actually might even get lucky with Royals this week as your second WR, but again, read the yellow box. I think it says he is hurt. Might affect his game. Toe injury or something. But I might be thinking of someone else.

But you're not gonna get another Stud WR. I'm in the same boat. I'm stuck with Harry Douglas for now.
Grab someone and take a chance. Guarantee you one of these guys below hits it big.

WRs with chance to score at least average to decent.
Lance Moore
Kearse or Baldwin from Seattle, as going against falcons shitty DEF.
Deandre Hopkins, my personal sleeper for the week. Arizona great against WR, but the number 2 guy sneak away with points sometimes. Johnson might get most cover.
Riley Cooper if you believe hype. I'm waiting to make fun of whoever snagged him first. Although I did grab Foles, but its more to do with Matt Ryan sucking. Plan on starting Locker anyway. Foles scores nearly 60 last week, and locker about 10. Still going with Locker against Jags. Washington and or Wright should have decent games.
Zoom grabbed the only guy I wanted. Grumble.

Jamal Charles is on bye this week, and I'm also stuck with just Douglas as my second receiver, so I'm not putting much hope into this week since I couldn't get any trades worked out.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#666 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostBrujah, on 07 November 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

By the way, I'm taking all the risk, I think. Fitzgerald sans real QB and Luck w/out Wayne... could pay of huge, but you get steady work in Rivers and Jackson.

That's a really good trade for you, Tatts. Rivers is like 3rd best QB so far. And the only good RB you have is Forte. Now you can run Forte and Fred Jackson, and drop Ryan Matthews so everyone stops laughing at you.

But the beauty is, you don't have to. We don't know all these players so well either. And those numbers for projections for the week aren't written in stone, but they're a good clue for starting. But basically all you had to do was click the yellow box by his name and read all the 'this is a bad matchup.......wouldn't risk him against Denver......etc......he's not good or used much when playing from behind and they may be playing from behind......etc.....

It's all there.

But anyway, you can get by with Forte and both Jacksons. Put one in flex. You actually might even get lucky with Royals this week as your second WR, but again, read the yellow box. I think it says he is hurt. Might affect his game. Toe injury or something. But I might be thinking of someone else.

But you're not gonna get another Stud WR. I'm in the same boat. I'm stuck with Harry Douglas for now.
Grab someone and take a chance. Guarantee you one of these guys below hits it big.

Lance Moore
Deandre Hopkins, my personal sleeper for the week. Arizona great against WR, but the number 2 guy sneak away with points sometimes. Johnson might get most cover.
Riley Cooper if you believe hype. I'm waiting to make fun of whoever snagged him first. Although I did grab Foles, but its more to do with Matt Ryan sucking. Plan on starting Locker anyway. Foles scores nearly 60 last week, and locker about 10. Still going with Locker against Jags. Washington and or Wright should have decent games.

Jamal Charles is on bye this week, and I'm also stuck with just Douglas as my second receiver, so I'm not putting much hope into this week since I couldn't get any trades worked out.

I grabbed this guy for someone I have not been using at all..

J. Cotchery Pit - WR

#667 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Tatts, I wasn't getting worked up. Didn't mean for it to sound like I was insulting you. And I didn't mean you didnt know how to play fantasy football, but I was implying that you don't know how to make and accept trades. At least it seems that way. Heck, I offered you a starting RB and James Jones(right after he came off that 3 week stretch of scoring 14, 10, 18 I believe) and Jermichael Finley(who was also 5th or 6th TE at time) all for Fitzgerald. And mostly because you needed a better TE, and you DEF needed a better RB to pair with Forte. And Jones as a spot filler for Fitzy until you replaced him later. But you declined and offered me a hurt Miles Austin and a 4th string RB Jonathan Dwyer instead. Lol . Have to admit the fact u could up your game as far as trades go. :)

- Maynard James Keenan

#668 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 07 November 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 07 November 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

It's all there.

Lance Moore

I grabbed this guy for someone I have not been using at all..

J. Cotchery Pit - WR

You might get lucky with him. He got lucky last week. Big Ben vs Buffalo should mean that one of the pitts WRs hits big. Maybe more than one. Antonio Brown is a given, but Crotch might get lucky and hit again .

As long as you realize he's only good for this week against Buffalo. Drop next week for someone else. I still say grab Doug Baldwin or Kearse from Seattle. Last chance for either this week with Percy harvin back next week...possibly.

- Maynard James Keenan

#669 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

You love grabbing the Denver DEF, don't u. It's actually ranked well, but I still say its retarded call.

And you ran with Brent Celek as your TE for some strange reason all this time, and drop him after he finally becomes relevant. Now that Foles is pitching for Eagles again, Celek was a good call.

- Maynard James Keenan

#670 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostBrujah, on 07 November 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

You love grabbing the Denver DEF, don't u. It's actually ranked well, but I still say its retarded call.

And you ran with Brent Celek as your TE for some strange reason all this time, and drop him after he finally becomes relevant. Now that Foles is pitching for Eagles again, Celek was a good call.

I wouldn't know I am not a patient man, they get 2 maybe 3 weeks, if they don't perform and I find something I like better they're gone.

#671 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

Damn, I wanted Rivers.

I'll trade you the Arizona Cardinals DEF for him.

- Maynard James Keenan

#672 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostBrujah, on 07 November 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Damn, I wanted Rivers.

I'll trade you the Arizona Cardinals DEF for him.

Lol

#673 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

That was a very interesting trade you proposed, HD. Put me in quite the conundrum. In the end, I guess I am too chuffed with my Graham pick to let him go. Although Green was exceptionally tempting.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#674 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Aw,come on. I picked up Foles to replace Ryan long term, but ran Locker against a crap Jax team thinking of playing it safe, because you never know which Foles you gonna get. Bam. Backfire. Locker gets NEGATIVE points and Foles goes for 27.

Idiot move on my part. Of course you play the hot QB.

Then, I put my second best RB on bench because his ribs are hurt, and I figure he wouldn't play much, and he goes off for 15+.

Not looking good so far. At least we both had Tenn RBs on our teams, and both sucked.

- Maynard James Keenan

#675 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

Yeah, I can handle losing. But losing because you made bad decisions and left points on the bench just suuuuuuucks.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#676 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 11 November 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

Yeah, I can handle losing. But losing because you made bad decisions and left points on the bench just suuuuuuucks.

Losing by 10 after you started the backup to your first round draft pick, who then gets hurt on the first series and doesn't play any longer, sucks.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#677 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

I didn't get a chance to set my line up and I would have won. That is daunting.

#678 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

I just got beaten fair and square.
Pity, cause a win would have set me up nicely as a contender for play-offs and now everything is open *yet* again.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#679 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Obdigore said:

1384153132[/url]' post='1096258']

Slow Ben said:

1384135199[/url]' post='1096235']

Losing by 10 after you started the backup to your first round draft pick, who then gets hurt on the first series and doesn't play any longer, sucks.

There has been too much of that this season- like with whoever had Arian Foster against me last week. Plays one snap, gets injured, and apparently is now done for the year. If he had played, I would have lost (won by two points I think).

I had Foster in another league too, where I would have won if he did anything. Easy decision too. if Foster starts then he plays. If not, start Tate. It did not work out well.

#680 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostStalker, on 11 November 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 11 November 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

View PostSlow Ben, on 11 November 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

There has been too much of that this season- like with whoever had Arian Foster against me last week. Plays one snap, gets injured, and apparently is now done for the year. If he had played, I would have lost (won by two points I think).

I had Foster in another league too, where I would have won if he did anything. Easy decision too. if Foster starts then he plays. If not, start Tate. It did not work out well.

That was me. I did for half a second think of putting in one of my scrubs in that week instead of Foster. But the Indy running back that I picked up since that debacle has been performing nicely.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users