Malazan Empire: Malazan NFL Fantasy 2013 - Malazan Empire

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan NFL Fantasy 2013 Yup, I am addicted.

#61 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostVengeance, on 07 July 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

I vote for random draft order.

Seconded. For no other reason than we are not a keeper league, thus last years results have no impact on this year's draft.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#62 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

HoosierDaddy said:

1373222276[/url]' post='1068996']

Vengeance said:

1373220474[/url]' post='1068987']
I vote for random draft order.

Seconded. For no other reason than we are not a keeper league, thus last years results have no impact on this year's draft.

Randooooooommmmmmmmm.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#63 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

So random order, with SB as the Commish, either he can randomize it or we can have one person randomize a number order and another randomize everyones names, and have them both send their lists to SB and he can tell us the draft order.

I'm fine with SB doing a random order but others might want more variables in play.

random.org is a pretty good randomizer.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#64 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

The sooner we start, the better. I am more than OK with SB doing the whole job :-)
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#65 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

Alright, I'll open the league tomorrow sometime and we can get going!

#66 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostObdigore, on 13 June 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Oh I didn't think we were drafting July 1, I was just saying we should close the league then with either 10 or 12 teams, depending on who we have around.

First game is Thursday, September 5th. Rather draft a week or two before that so we can get a look (however slight) at teams in their preseason games.

All the last Preseason games are Aug 29th. I would suggest we either draft the weekend after that or the weekend before.

Yeah so I don't get stuck with a starting RB with a broken leg before the first game of the season is played. Still manged to make the playoffs bitches!!!!!! And won a game with probably the worst team ever to make the playoffs to boot.

I'm surprised you all didn't come harrass me to join. Put me down as tentative if you can't get twelve (hahahaha, um sorry)

Else I'll sub for anyone that pulls a Lady Bliss so there will be no unattentive teams in the league.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#67 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

View Posttwelve, on 16 July 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

View PostObdigore, on 13 June 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Oh I didn't think we were drafting July 1, I was just saying we should close the league then with either 10 or 12 teams, depending on who we have around.

First game is Thursday, September 5th. Rather draft a week or two before that so we can get a look (however slight) at teams in their preseason games.

All the last Preseason games are Aug 29th. I would suggest we either draft the weekend after that or the weekend before.

Yeah so I don't get stuck with a starting RB with a broken leg before the first game of the season is played. Still manged to make the playoffs bitches!!!!!! And won a game with probably the worst team ever to make the playoffs to boot.

I'm surprised you all didn't come harrass me to join. Put me down as tentative if you can't get twelve (hahahaha, um sorry)

Else I'll sub for anyone that pulls a Lady Bliss so there will be no unattentive teams in the league.

I'll send out some PMs to see if we can get 12 players. I didn't PM you because I figured that you had seen the thread, or that Vengy would pull your tail and notify you, seeing how he got you in like that last year.

#68 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

I'll give it a go if you need one more person? I don't know all that much about football but apparently some people think my cultural knowledge isn't quite up to scratch. I'll be terrible though :crybaby:

Also the image of Vengy pulling twelve's tail is hilarious. Especially since in my head they are both cats.
*Men's Frights Activist*

#69 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

What's the word on this? When are we closing signups and starting draft?
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#70 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostBrujah, on 17 July 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

What's the word on this? When are we closing signups and starting draft?

I see when I go to the league page that it is created, but it also says I am not a member.
I guess SB will get us password and ID soon.

As for the draft: I guess there's no decision yet on when to start. It is still very early days.
The pre-season games start with the Hall of Fame games on august 4, the 'regular' pre-season starts on august 8, end on august 29 as per Obdi's post.
The regular season starts on september 5.

The one thing we all agree on: we prefer a draft by players over auto-draft.

A live draft will be very, very hard to organise as we have multiple different time zones and I for one would hate to go for a (partial) auto-draft as a result of that. Those who (have to) let the machine (and then, which machine?) decide for them are fucked, basically.

Last year, we needed about 3 weeks for the draft on the forum (28th of july started, 23rd of august ended, a timing of around 5 draft rounds a week). That suggest we have to start week 2 of the pre-season in a forum draft at the latest. I am not sure how camp battles affect round 1-5 of the draft aside of injuries (the Gronk + Eagles QB situations exempted, maybe also the Steelers/ Rams RB situation). By the time we get to round 6, we've had another week of pre-season games and reports.

I guess common courtesy would be to not steal the handcuffs of injured players?

#71 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

View PostKing Lear, on 17 July 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

I'll give it a go if you need one more person? I don't know all that much about football but apparently some people think my cultural knowledge isn't quite up to scratch. I'll be terrible though :crybaby:/>

Also the image of Vengy pulling twelve's tail is hilarious. Especially since in my head they are both cats.

Don't worry KL. I don't plan on doing much in the way of research this year. I usually track down 3-4 mock draft results and average them. Or you could be like vengenance and do some sort of elaborate statistical analysis with made up numbers for weight based on gut feeling or some other sort of nonsense. (Kidding of course V. If you are to be believed 2 for 3 in league crowns and a runner up last year isn't too shabby)
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#72 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

It wasn't gut feeling it was based on a proprietary statistic formula that try's to help me determine the best player take at any given time based on consistency of scoring. :crybaby:

I would try to explain it to you again but after 20 years of me trying to explain options you just barely understand them. :thumbup:
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#73 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostVengeance, on 18 July 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

It wasn't gut feeling it was based on a proprietary statistic formula that try's to help me determine the best player take at any given time based on consistency of scoring. :crybaby:/>

I would try to explain it to you again but after 20 years of me trying to explain options you just barely understand them. :thumbup:/>

I believe "proprietary statistic formula" is, like most statistics, made up on the spot?

#74 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostTapper, on 18 July 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 18 July 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

It wasn't gut feeling it was based on a proprietary statistic formula that try's to help me determine the best player take at any given time based on consistency of scoring. :crybaby:/>/>

I would try to explain it to you again but after 20 years of me trying to explain options you just barely understand them. :thumbup:/>/>

I believe "proprietary statistic formula" is, like most statistics, made up on the spot?

You didn't provide a statistic about most statistics being made up on the spot, so I feel comfortable disregarding that statistic about statistics being made up.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#75 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

Renewed the league, Stalkers like a damn ninja, signed up before I knew what was happening. Returning teams should get an email! Shin and KL can go to his link. http://football.fant...o.com/f1/signup Click Join A League, ID is 224088 and the password is malazan. If that doesn't work, just pm me your email and I'll send you a direct link.

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 19 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

#76 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

Hoosier Colts back and better than ever. Let great regular season standings once again go for naught in the playoffs!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#77 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

Heh, I was waiting on an email anyway. Rather happy to find a FF invite instead!

#78 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

Ugh they changed their site and I can't find anywhere to put the league ID in to join.

Their new join thing is fucking retarded. Ugh.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 19 July 2013 - 03:10 AM

#79 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostObdigore, on 19 July 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

Ugh they changed their site and I can't find anywhere to put the league ID in to join.

Their new join thing is fucking retarded. Ugh.

So it's not just me that can't drive this thing :crybaby:
*Men's Frights Activist*

#80 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

FYI:

http://help.yahoo.co...ent&id=SLN15095

Joining a renewed league:
Note: You no longer will have the ability to join the league using the league number and password. You must accept the invite sent from the commissioner in order to join the league and take your team over again.

So I guess we should send SB a PM with our email so he can invite us.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users