• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#461 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

View PostBalrogLord, on 07 January 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

I just watched it today after catching up on the thread. I must say im enjoying this new spinoff, it's nice to have a strong female lead that isn't a complete mary sue. I'm not a fan of this "captain america radio show", i find it slightly annoying. Maybe its done as a setting piece? not quite digging it.

I'm pretty sure it's done to juxtapose / greek chorus the fact that the girl they have on the show with Cap is a secretary who keeps getting caught and needs rescuing....meanwhile Peggy who was the real girl with Cap was not only NOT that, but held her own with him easily.

I'm also a fan of the strong female lead, AND the fact that Jarvis has been crafted/fit into the damsel sidekick mold instead. It's a nice switchup and needed in something like this show. Marvel is starting their move towards winning the female lead category against DC...and will solidify that lead (likely) with the Jessica Jones show, and then the Captain Marvel movie. DC has some work to do.

Then we have Luke Cage and Black Panther coming...it's gonna be diversity central in the House of Mouse and I could not be more excited.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 07 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#462 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

View PostBriar King, on 07 January 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

My gawd i love Hayley. I fell in love with her back in Pillars of the Earth on Starz and now she looks even better. I almost had to change my boxers when was blonde in that dress!!

Agreed. I already thought her gorgeous, but man she looks damn good as a blonde!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 07 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#463 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:08 AM

Finished both of the episodes - very entertaining TV. Two highlights: Carter's voice and Jarvis.

#464 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

What is this 'Carter' you gusy are reffering to? (in the uk so will probably make sense in about 3 years when its released here)
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#465 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

I read a really interesting theory on the Tor.com article about Agent Carter. Basically, the person suspects that Jarvis' 'wife' who he's always talking about is actually Howard Stark. This would fit in nicely with the "She doesn't know" comment made my Jarvis over the phone with Stark.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#466 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostBlend, on 08 January 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

I read a really interesting theory on the Tor.com article about Agent Carter. Basically, the person suspects that Jarvis' 'wife' who he's always talking about is actually Howard Stark. This would fit in nicely with the "She doesn't know" comment made my Jarvis over the phone with Stark.

I mentioned something akin to this to my wife. I said that I don't think Jarvis has a wife...or that she's dead (died in the war and he's PTSD about it), or yeah that Stark is his wife. The fact that she's never shown makes me think she's a red herring.

#467 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

Just watched the first two eps. Loving the Carter/Jarvis interplay, loved the use of music and the Captain America radio show. Hayley Atwell's great as always and showing a fine sense of comic timing. It was very funny in places, I thought :)

#468 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

Didn't we hear her come into the house at one point, when he's making the souffles? So someone definitely exists. Dunno if the mystery about it is just a little joke or an actual thing that's going to come up. I'd say maybe it's Peggy's waitress friend but that doesn't really work, timeline-wise.

Anyway it's brilliant so far. Any chance we can split the discussion off into a separate thread? Seeing as I don't watch Agents of Shield.

View PostDeadHedge, on 08 January 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

What is this 'Carter' you gusy are reffering to? (in the uk so will probably make sense in about 3 years when its released here)

Agent Carter, Marvel's latest TV show, a spinoff from Captain America featuring Peggy Carter (his girlfriend in the first film), set just after the war.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#469 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

I havn't seen any adverts for it but then again i have been playing more xbox than watching telly lately.

I will have to try see if its started to air here. thanks
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#470 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

All caught up on AoS. The last few eps of the half-season were pretty awesome. Skye pretty much solidified herself as awesome, Ward got what was coming to him, and dammit Trip.

AGENT CARTER, otoho,is not wowing me. Watched the first two eps... was bored. Found the acting stiff, the plots by-the-numbers, the action meh. I suppose i see what some people are loving, but i'm not feeling it. Will likely watch the whole run if only to not miss any AoS tie-in stuff, but i hope it picks up.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#471 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

Agent Carter is phenomenal. It's a cross between the Hudsucker Proxy, House and the best of Agents of Shield.

Very smart show amd I'm surprised they kept the miniseries so short. Abyss, do not quit. Keep going.

I'll catch up to Agents of Shield this week.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#472 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

Agreed, Agent Carter is an absolutely great show, definitely worth watching. Haylee Atwell is now officially one of my favourite actors.

I'm conflicted about whether it should have a full series. I don't know if part of what made it so good was that it was short and to the point instead of being drawn out with plenty of useless (not neccessarily bad) filler.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#473 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:43 AM

episode 12 spoiler

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 11 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#474 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:36 AM

All caught up.Is it just me, or is Skye's plot line the least interesting thing going on right now?

#475 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

View PostAbyss, on 23 March 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:

All caught up.Is it just me, or is Skye's plot line the least interesting thing going on right now?

I'd pretty much agree with that. Although that "arched back, chest out" thing when she's breaking windows is eye catching. :whistle:
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#476 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

View PostGnaw, on 23 March 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 23 March 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:

I'd pretty much agree with that. Although that "arched back, chest out" thing when she's breaking windows is eye catching. :whistle:

Though I like that plot line I agree, there are other things going on that are more interesting.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#477 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

Once they get through the birthiing and taming of Skye's powers and she becomes Quake for real, gauntlets and all...it should be better. Right now it's like watching the first half hour of any superhero origin movie.

#478 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 March 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

Once they get through the birthiing and taming of Skye's powers and she becomes Quake for real, gauntlets and all...it should be better. Right now it's like watching the first half hour of any superhero origin movie.

Agreed. This show has a done a lot of slow playing, so while I'm impatient I expect a cool pay-off.

Surgically grafted scalpels on her fingers... yawn...
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#479 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:59 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 23 March 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 23 March 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

Agreed. This show has a done a lot of slow playing, so while I'm impatient I expect a cool pay-off.

The casts set up the gauntlets, but the fx budget alone dictates that we're not getting anything like Quake a la comics. Who in any event was a mutant, not a nuhuman.

It's not that i don't like the development... the whole Inhuman thing has been built up nicely... but three eps of Skye looking freaked out about her powers while everyone around her freaks out about her powers is about enough. Simmons' whole
'she's an abomination' thing is horribly tacked in, Mae looking determined has been done like twelve times, etc etc. Weak.

Hopefully Lieutenant Castillo's SHIELD3.0 will shake things up this week.

#480 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:45 PM

That said, Blair Underwood was good in his role, and I like the bit of Mae backstory is cool...

...and I DID really like the whole "You're not stopping your powers Skye, you're internalizing them and you shattered every bone in your body up to your neck" line...that was cool.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 23 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users