• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Signups Diplomacy 10

#1 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Well It's been about a week since I've been eliminated from Mafia and now it's time to get another game of Diplomacy up and running. I've opened nine spots in case we wanted to try a variant that includes Spain and Scandinava into the mix but most likely we will just run the standard 7 Powers.

Important note for this game.

I'm not allowing substitutes. Once you have signed up you have committed to seeing the game through. I am setting every Thursday 8 PM GMT+/- a couple of hours as the soft deadline. At this point I will check who has not submitted their orders (without reading those that have) and I will call out everyone that hasn't submitted orders. The late players then have 24 hours to get their orders in. If after that point orders still haven't been submitted I will order legal support hold orders for that power's units. If there are not support hold orders that are legal then I will just order a hold. Adjustment and Retreat orders need to be submitted hopefully 24 hours after being posted. We'll play that by ear. If those orders start to drag out I may impose a rule stating all retreats are disbands and all builds will be armies. I'd rather not but if it's been over 2 days and they still haven't been placed it cuts into the week movement deadline and the game suffers for those that actually care.

So for every player that signs up I will need them to submit a provisional order to the Adjudicator IN A SEPERATE PM FROM YOUR ORDER PM that outlines if they want the support hold orders to be done in a clockwise or counter clockwise formation. This of course can be changed whenever you want. This PM will only be read in the event that a power is late and I need to submit orders for the late players.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. Also if we get either 8 or 10+ signed up I will sit this game out and adjudicate though I know this will probably bum some of you out. :(

1 ) twelve
2 ) EmperorMagus
3 ) Gnaw
4 ) Goatkiller666
5 ) Bonecaster
6 )
7 )
8 )
9 )

This post has been edited by twelve: 09 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#2 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Sign me up!
I do not like stalemates. Someone has to suffer.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#3 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

in

May I suggest everyone gets 1 "add X time" option? If we're going to try to stick with a one week turnaround, then the X would have to be a week as well.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#4 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostGnaw, on 29 April 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

in

May I suggest everyone gets 1 "add X time" option? If we're going to try to stick with a one week turnaround, then the X would have to be a week as well.

Are you talking about requests for things like vacations? I don't have any issue of pausing the game for a week at a time for one off situations that are brought to my attention in advance to the extended leave. Life happens so I don't have any issue with this. Now if you are taking a week off about once a month then I'll have some beef with this. Otherwise I'm likely to grant the extension.

#5 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

View Posttwelve, on 29 April 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 29 April 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

in

Are you talking about requests for things like vacations? I don't have any issue of pausing the game for a week at a time for one off situations that are brought to my attention in advance to the extended leave. Life happens so I don't have any issue with this. Now if you are taking a week off about once a month then I'll have some beef with this. Otherwise I'm likely to grant the extension.

For whatever reason might come up. And only 1 time per player per game.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#6 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Well I'm not sure if I'll cap it at once per player but I would like to cap it at 4 times per game. That's adding a month to the game right there.

#7 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

I'll play

#8 User is offline   goatkiller666 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Ooh, me. Me me me!

Put me in, coach. I can do it.

#9 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Goat have you talked to Bonecaster recently? I figured he would want to get in on this as well.

I'm also hoping that once Tapper comes back from Vacation he'll also signup. I'll probably keep the signups open through the weekend to see who comes out of the woodwork.and then we'll go from there.

#10 User is offline   goatkiller666 

• Lieutenant

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

I would have thought that he'd be all over it. He even told me to get over here and sign up. I shall remind him that imagining that he wants to play, and actually posting that he wants to play, are different things.

#11 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

Never played before.
How much time is required?
What would I need to know before starting and where would I find it?

I mean, I'm better than you guys at everything else, might as well add this to the list.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#12 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

View Posttwelve, on 01 May 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Goat have you talked to Bonecaster recently? I figured he would want to get in on this as well.

I'm also hoping that once Tapper comes back from Vacation he'll also signup. I'll probably keep the signups open through the weekend to see who comes out of the woodwork.and then we'll go from there.

Sorry, not going to happen :apt:
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#13 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostKarsa, on 04 May 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

Never played before.

I mean, I'm better than you guys at everything else, might as well add this to the list.

It depends. It may take as little as 15 minutes a week or as much as half an hour a day.
Here are a couple of places I learned what I know from (I'm a noob btw):
http://www.diplomacy...ive.com/god.htm

http://www.diplom.org/index.py
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#14 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostKarsa, on 04 May 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

Never played before.

So are you actually signing up? If you do then we only need one more to get a game going.

Tapper are you sure you don't want to go again?

I'll also go through the last game thread as I think there were a couple of people that stated they might be interested in the next game. I'll send out PMs to see if we can get any takers.

#15 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

I sent out a few pms. I didn't PM Tapper as I got the impression that he is out this game.

@Brujah

Can you confirm that you are in for sure this game?

Thanks

#16 User is offline   Bonecaster 

• High Fist

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Oh! I'm in! :apt:
'All Eres were bonecasters, Trull Sengar. For they were the first to carry the spark of awareness, the first so gifted by the spirits.'

#17 User is offline   Bonecaster 

• High Fist

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

I guess we certainly won't be doing the 9-player version. Can't even get a full game?!? What's going on? No Imperial Historian?
'All Eres were bonecasters, Trull Sengar. For they were the first to carry the spark of awareness, the first so gifted by the spirits.'

#18 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

IH is taking a break to write his thesis. Sir Thursday and Karsa hasn't responded to my PMs. Oxy initially said he would like to play in the last game thread but has since backed off that stance as he hasn't played before and doesn't want to commit to a months long game only to find out after a couple of weeks he doesn't like it. Morgoth and Tapper have declined this go around.

We could try a 6 person variation but I'd rather wait until someone else joins in to get a full game.

#19 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

I'ma have to bow out aain too. works taken me back to france and its marvelous hours

#20 User is offline   Gnaw 

• View gallery

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

This one isn't looking good is it? EM's participation might be affected by political net outages.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users