• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Signups Diplomacy 10

#21 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

You are probably right. I'll probably just kill the game and wait a month or so and try again.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#22 User is offline   goatkiller666 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

So, while we're talking about play-by-post gaming and the limitations of the system... Bonecaster and I are on another site that's pretty much dedicated to play-by-post games. We tried to kick off a Diplomacy game over there, to abyssmal results. Got 7 players to agree to play, but then just never could get all of them to submit on tme. Ended up with people not even posting their builds for two weeks, then another week fo the new map to go up, etc.

I think part of that was that some of the players were only luke-warm about it, so they just didn't bother to log into the site to realize they were supposed to post last week. So, from the point of view of you folks who frequent this Malazan site anyway, would there be much value to having the option to go to that other site for Diplomacy? There might be those last couple players over there to fill up the roster. But... it's another site to log into.

And, for full disclosure, it's my site... and I'm trying to figure out ways to get more players to show up. But only if it'll be something that they'd be interested in using. I don't make any money from it, so the only thing I get out of it is that there are more games going on, on the site... chances are good I'm playing in most or all of them. On the other hand, I don't want to re-invent the wheel. I know there's a lot of sites like Malazan or Kevin's Watch that have gaming sections on the sides. There are even a couple of full-time just-games sites I've found. Maybe I should just go to one of them, instead.

But, tell me your views on the matter, if you wouldn't mind.

Also, if you're interested in playing Diplomacy outside of here..., we have a bunch of openings.

#23 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

In the past ™ we have been playing quicker games off-board, often with real-time resolution. The catch there was that there were usually only 5 or so of us, and most were UK-based, with me in the euro-zone, so very close together. So there is precedent.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#24 User is offline   goatkiller666 

• Lieutenant

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

I think I saw a few threads for doing play-by-post for other games, as well, but they didn't seem to go very far. D&D, or one guy requesting the Dresden Files RPG. Bonecaster got me very excited about that one, until I saw that it was two years old, and nobody had actually followed up on it.

#25 User is offline   goatkiller666 

• Lieutenant

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

bump

#26 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

We might also want to make sure that the people that have already signed up are still able/willing to play since this has been ideal for so long.

#27 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

View Posttwelve, on 14 June 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

We might also want to make sure that the people that have already signed up are still able/willing to play since this has been ideal for so long.

FYI, new mafia signup in effect
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#28 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 14 June 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 14 June 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

FYI, new mafia signup in effect

Mafia takes up too much of my time which I don't have much of these days. I might take some time off in mid July so if there is a mini or something going on I might join in that game and later this summer work is looking like it might finally ease up a bit so I might feel optimistic that I may get in a game here or there but we'll see.

#29 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

sounds like the sort of thing I should say, twelve, but I keep getting signed up anyway
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#30 User is offline   goatkiller666 

• Lieutenant

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

We're happy to host it over on EI. Boner and I are doing two-on-two games against each other.

#31 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

Sorry, But I can't play this anymore. in 2-3 weeks I will lose my consistent internet access.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#32 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 28 June 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Sorry, But I can't play this anymore. in 2-3 weeks I will lose my consistent internet access.

That sucks but it's not like we have had people beating down the door wanting to play anyway.

#33 User is offline   goatkiller666 

• Lieutenant

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

I've been beating... well... something.

Play?

#34 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Well we are now at what 3-4 players? I say if we can get at least a 5th we can run a game where Germany and Italy are neutral and go from there. What are you guy's thoughts?

#35 User is offline   goatkiller666 

• Lieutenant

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

Sure. Make it so. You're counting Bonecaster in that 3-4, right? And me, of course? I'll go make him sign up, if he hasn't already.

#36 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Right now I have it as

Gnaw
twelve
goatkiller666
Bonecaster

If EmperorMagnus has a change of heart or if we can grab another person we can run a 5 player game.

#37 User is offline   goatkiller666 

• Lieutenant

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

Bump!

Anybody else feel like signing up? it's be like 12 million bajillion years since the last time we asked...

#38 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

I think this has died.

#39 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Try webdiplomacy.net

most games there are one day resolutions from what I remember and some games have very little or no communication. But its a slick set up and I never experienced any technical problems. One gold thing is you could leave orders as saved or ready. Ready means if all players are ready it resolves as soon as the last one ready's. Save means if you don't get back the saved orders will be submitted. So the second it resolves you can fire your provisionals in.

you could make a game with longer timescales and then get the guys from here to play, then there's no problems with adjudicating. It was free to play, don't know about now. Afaik there's a pause feature too if someone's awol or you agree to a weekend break.

#40 User is offline   goatkiller666 

• Lieutenant

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Bonecaster have been doing some one-on-one games recently. We each pick two nations, sometimes randomly, and then stomp it out.

Most recently, we've been playing with some of the alternate maps in jDip. The Abberant V game has more space, and different starting nations (it assumes Ireland and Hungary are large nations, but England isn't...) It's a fun twist.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users