Malazan Empire: Publication date, speculation and synopsis - Malazan Empire

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Publication date, speculation and synopsis Sept 2015! Wait, no, Jan 2016!!!, no, wait... APRIL

#181 User is offline   Tabris 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:50 PM

Looks like the Amazon UK release date has been pushed back to April 21, 2016: http://www.amazon.co...s=fall+of+light

The US release date has been pushed back to April 19, 2016: https://www.amazon.c...s=fall+of+light

#182 User is offline   Golly 

• Recruit

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostTabris, on 20 October 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Looks like the Amazon UK release date has been pushed back to April 21, 2016: http://www.amazon.co...s=fall+of+light

The US release date has been pushed back to April 19, 2016: https://www.amazon.c...s=fall+of+light

Argh! So frustrating! I really wish Erikson himself would just open a twitter account and write 140 chars a month to give us a heads-up and manage fans' expectations. I'm really frustrated by the whole cycle of wait-hope-disappointment-why?-silence-readjust-wait-hope-repeat-repeat-repeat.

#183 User is offline   Tabris 

• Recruit

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:59 PM

With the current release schedule, Esslemont will have published 3 full novels since Erikson's last Malazan novel. Granted, he did publish Willfull Child as well during the same time frame.

#184 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

..SE also published a ten-book-series in 12 years, never slipping up by more than a couple of months. Cut him some slack, he's earned it. I think that gets forgotten by some eager people. Everyone's eager to get their hands on FoL, but as far as I am concerned, he can take as much time as he wants/needs to write the book the way he wants to.

What the publisher does is a different story, of course.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#185 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostPuck Puckster, on 08 November 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

..SE also published a ten-book-series in 12 years, never slipping up by more than a couple of months. Cut him some slack, he's earned it. I think that gets forgotten by some eager people. Everyone's eager to get their hands on FoL, but as far as I am concerned, he can take as much time as he wants/needs to write the book the way he wants to.

What the publisher does is a different story, of course.

He's made us addicts, wanting more, expecting it now! :D
heh, while I'm craving the newest installment, yes I'd prefer to wait and have it ready than to read subpar/rushed work.

Plenty of other quality work to read while waiting!
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#186 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:06 AM

My order (US Amazon) got pushed back again to May. In case you guys are still keeping track.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#187 User is offline   Sue Ridgepipe 

• Recruit

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:37 AM

Long time lurker, first time poster.

So many people had Star Wars on their wish list last year, but it was Fall of Light for me. Given SE's almost miraculous handle on managing epic scope within ambitious deadline schedules I guess we should all cut him some slack though.

BUT

Man, looking forward to this book so much, all the postponements are driving me mad. Aaaaarrrggghhhh! That's better.

I suppose I really should make a start on Dancer's Lament now, given the latest date bump, but TBH I'm still kinda haunted by Assail. It was almost Star Wars prequel disappointing (excluding Jar Jar). I've avoided the Dancer's Lament forum so as not to be accidentally spoiled... is it any good? How does it compare to other ICE efforts?
I'm Alright, I'm Alright, I'm Alright *Fire Extinguisher Whoosh* - Leo Wanker
Mmmmmm... Potsherds - Homer Simpson

#188 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:38 AM

View PostSue Ridgepipe, on 08 March 2016 - 05:37 AM, said:

So many people had Star Wars on their wish list last year, but it was Fall of Light for me. Given SE's almost miraculous handle on managing epic scope within ambitious deadline schedules I guess we should all cut him some slack though.

BUT

Man, looking forward to this book so much, all the postponements are driving me mad. Aaaaarrrggghhhh! That's better.

I suppose I really should make a start on Dancer's Lament now, given the latest date bump, but TBH I'm still kinda haunted by Assail. It was almost Star Wars prequel disappointing (excluding Jar Jar). I've avoided the Dancer's Lament forum so as not to be accidentally spoiled... is it any good? How does it compare to other ICE efforts?

Dancer's Lament is excellent, its the best ICE yet IMO

#189 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostAndorion, on 08 March 2016 - 05:38 AM, said:

BUT

Seconding... Put your post Assail trauma aside and get into Lament, it's a great great book. Pure Malazan goodness.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#190 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

View PostAbyss, on 08 March 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 08 March 2016 - 05:38 AM, said:

BUT

Seconding... Put your post Assail trauma aside and get into Lament, it's a great great book. Pure Malazan goodness.

Thirding (Is this even possible???) - It is very good and I had a lot of fun with all the cameos =)

#191 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

For those waiting for this I think the official release day is 24th May now (well in Canada at least). SE is doing a release day reading in Victoria.

I'm not sure where amazon's 21st April date is coming from, but we've had UK release dates before Canada before so it may happen, but I would expect it in May.

#192 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 08 March 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

For those waiting for this I think the official release day is 24th May now (well in Canada at least). SE is doing a release day reading in Victoria.

Damn, if only I could schedule a trip to BC. Would love to hear a reading!

Amusingly, ChaptersIndigo in Canada has it down as April 16th (which is a Saturday, and BEFORE any other release dates...so likely typical Chapters release date bullshit), Amazon.ca has it as May 24th...so basically Canadian booksellers can't make up their fucking minds...as per usual. :thumbsup:

I'll probably just set a pre-order from BookDepository to get it Apr 21st, with the rest of the UKers.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#193 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:38 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 March 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

View PostImperial Historian, on 08 March 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

Damn, if only I could schedule a trip to BC. Would love to hear a reading!

Amusingly, ChaptersIndigo in Canada has it down as April 16th (which is a Saturday, and BEFORE any other release dates...so likely typical Chapters release date bullshit), Amazon.ca has it as May 24th...so basically Canadian booksellers can't make up their fucking minds...as per usual. :thumbsup:

I'll probably just set a pre-order from BookDepository to get it Apr 21st, with the rest of the UKers.

Amazon.in is saying the physical book will be in stock by 13th April. The Kindle date is the 21st of April

#194 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:16 PM

They lie.

They lie SO MUCH.

#195 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:44 PM

I've pre-ordered a hardback from chapters, b/c I had a limited time offer to redeem my reward points. I was supposed to have it available for in-store pickup on April 19th.

I'm curious how that will turn out.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#196 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:42 PM

Relevant Tor post

#197 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:49 PM

LIES!
LIIIEESSSSSSSS!!!!

#198 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

Only confirmed date I can find for random house/bantam is the 24th May for Canada, no announcement yet on the UK release date. I would be very surprised though if it was released after Tor, so I think 21st April for UK is most likely now.

#199 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:00 PM

Amazon.in sticking with 21st April for Kindle, 13th April stock for physical, so either way I should have it by 22nd at the latest.... hey that means I get to finish it first!

I promise not too spoil too much for you guys!Posted Image

#200 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

View PostImperial Historian, on 21 March 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

Only confirmed date I can find for random house/bantam is the 24th May for Canada, no announcement yet on the UK release date. I would be very surprised though if it was released after Tor, so I think 21st April for UK is most likely now.

View PostAndorion, on 21 March 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

Amazon.in sticking with 21st April for Kindle, 13th April stock for physical, ...

Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users