Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deragoth

#1 User is offline   Ruthan Good 

• Magi House 94
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Another question raised during the HoC reread.

Urugal and Co released the two of the Deragoth, yes? Why did they do this, or rather, why did the CG wanted it? How did they do this? Was it only two Hounds because of the two Hounds of Shadow being Dragnipur'd, and then released? I always figured those two events were related?
I don't have time to consider things I have to consider.

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Why do you think they're related?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Ruthan Good 

• Magi House 94

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

First thought I had when I read it. Two out of 7, thought maybe there was a connection. You saying no?

#4 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

i don't think the seven of the dead fires have anything to do with the deragoth.

edit: i see you're on a re-read, so you should see onrack releasing the deragoth from the two statues in the nascent. they got into those statues because paran freed the hounds of shadow in dragnipur, and they entered the gate of darkness. urugal et al never enter the picture. they actually want karsa to avoid the deragoth, but he says 'puny gods' and does what he likes.

This post has been edited by Sinisdar Toste: 01 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Abyss, on 31 March 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Why do you think they're related?

Ruthan Good, on 31 March 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

First thought I had when I read it. Two out of 7, thought maybe there was a connection. You saying no?

Sinisdar Toste, on 01 April 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

i don't think the seven of the dead fires have anything to do with the deragoth....

Toste got what i was ref'ing.

The Deragoth do show up at the Whirlwind camp, but it's unclear why they're there. Most likely drawn by the convergence, or by the CG to prevent anyone interfering with him seizing the Warren.
I can't think of anything that suggested the Rockfaces were involved.

#6 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

In Osserc's dream world he shows L'oric there is a memory of Raraku before it was a desert and the OG Deragoth are taming the Eres. I think it's probably just an instinct to return to their "home". That's the assumption I operated under.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#7 User is offline   Ruthan Good 

• Magi House 94

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

So, the rockfaces was my mistake. Fair play.

But the other bit: presumably it was only 2 Deragoth because it was only 2 Hounds of Shadow Dragnipur'd and then released in GotM? The 2 Hounds of Shadow "jumped" into the statues and then the Deragoth came out, or was it some power transfer kind of thing, or what?

#8 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Ruthan Good, on 02 April 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

So, the rockfaces was my mistake. Fair play.

But the other bit: presumably it was only 2 Deragoth because it was only 2 Hounds of Shadow Dragnipur'd and then released in GotM? The 2 Hounds of Shadow "jumped" into the statues and then the Deragoth came out, or was it some power transfer kind of thing, or what?

As of the end of HoC, all we know is that two Hounds were Dragnipur'd and 'released' by Paran in GotM.
In HoC Onrack identifies two statues in the Nascent as being unusual, they're both shattered and two deragoth show up.

The Hounds or the deragoth were worshipped at the site of the statues, so it's possible the two Hounds 'souls' went there and when Onrack whacked one, the first Deragoth either arrived really quickly, or manifested somehow, and released the second one.

And i'm just going to state this right here for an abundance of clarity: NO LATER BOOK SPOILERS.

#9 User is offline   Ruthan Good 

• Magi House 94

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Abyss, on 02 April 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

And i'm just going to state this right here for an abundance of clarity: NO LATER BOOK SPOILERS.

Yup, I hear you.

#10 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Ruthan Good, on 02 April 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

Abyss, on 02 April 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Yup, I hear you.

Tnx - wasn't directed at you specifically, just one of those topics that seems to beg people to spoil.

#11 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hmmm. I hate that I can't remember exactly when some events took place. I'm scared to say some things, because I'm not sure if it was in HoC, or a bit later. The Deragoth scene was one of my favorite, though.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#12 User is offline   sting01 

• Sergeant

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

One of the questions that are not answered is :

Did the Deragoth being the shadow , or the shadows caster of the hound? Are they related by or not related by soemthing else the hatred they have for each other? And if there is hounds of shadow, deragoth, what about light? Does it exist some hounds of light? and if they exist, are they related to the others, and what can be that relation?

#13 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

It's possible that at least part of the reason why the two Deragoth from the statues come to Raraku is because a Whirlwind shaman inadvertently summons them. When they first appear on the outskirts of Raraku, Kalam sees a shaman perform some ritual and then suddenly they appear.

Spoilsport Stonny, on 02 April 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

In Osserc's dream world he shows L'oric there is a memory of Raraku before it was a desert and the OG Deragoth are taming the Eres. I think it's probably just an instinct to return to their "home". That's the assumption I operated under.

I doubt there's much of a link. L'oric is just in a pocket warren/memory warren, it's not necessarily the real place, and the two Deragoth who come out of the Nascent statues are probably not the same ones L'oric sees reflected in the memory warren.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users