• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:p:apt::p:p:p:apt::p:apt::):
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#62 User is offline   AndalayBay 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

They are called "growing pains". :p
Do not waste your thoughts upon other people, nor pry into the talk, fancies and projects of another, nor guess at what he is about, or why he is doing it.
Think upon nothing but what you could willingly tell about, so that if your soul were laid open there would appear nothing but what was sincere, good-natured and public-spirited.
-- Marcus Aurelius

#63 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

View PostAndalayBay, on 20 March 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

Haha, welcome Andalay! Glad to see you posting here. :p

And yeah, you could all them growing pains...there are other words for them, too, but I shall refrain in polite company. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#64 User is offline   AndalayBay 

• Recruit

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostSilencer, on 20 March 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

And yeah, you could all them growing pains...there are other words for them, too, but I shall refrain in polite company. XD

Why start now?
Do not waste your thoughts upon other people, nor pry into the talk, fancies and projects of another, nor guess at what he is about, or why he is doing it.
Think upon nothing but what you could willingly tell about, so that if your soul were laid open there would appear nothing but what was sincere, good-natured and public-spirited.
-- Marcus Aurelius

#65 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostAndalayBay, on 20 March 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

View PostSilencer, on 20 March 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Why start now?

I have an image to maintain now! I'm all site ownery and stuff. :)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#66 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostAbyss, on 19 March 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

*snip*

Silencer said:

... this is all for the UK Amazon site. The US one is not under me; we're currently figuring out how to deal with that (as they are a bit of a pain to deal with)....Any questions?

amazon.ca?

Them too, they're separate. Not such a pain to deal with as .com. We're arranging the transition for the other sites soon.

View Postcorv, on 19 March 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

View PostSilencer, on 19 March 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

View PostMiss Savagely Wishy Washy, on 19 March 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

great job silencer-it all works fine except i was wondering whether you could help me out with this: the thread feed on the front page hasn't turned up yet on my work mac, and i haven't had a chance to check on my pc at home yet. i'm using chrome. what to do?

thanks a lot for taking over the forum from hetan. you're a star.

Thanks Miss Savage. :)

Still got to look into the forum feed on the front page, I'm afraid. Aware of the issue, just haven't managed to resolve it yet. Thanks for making mention of it anyway, though. :p

[aside] Miss Savage not Grimm :p

What?

View Postamphibian, on 19 March 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

I'm in! Huzzah!

Did not know about the US Amazon affiliate not playing well with you guys. It's what I use... as I am in the US.

Which is absolutely correct, hehe. It's more like they only pay in USD/to a US bank account, which is an issue restricting who can easily receive the funds. Fortunately, I work in a bank, so receiving a foreign-currency cheque and converting it is not an issue for me at all, and as I have to receive cheques anyway due to my geography, it's going to be easier for me than it was for Hetan.

It's just annoying that they're more restrictive than .ca and .co.uk in the ways they pay out the proceeds. :p But not a problem any more, hopefully.

Shinrei said:

#67 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Sorry for being picky, but this new Recent Gallery Images thingy at the top of the forum.. Can I make it go away somehow? There's no option to collapse it as with all the other boxes, and I almost spat my good coffee all over the screen upon seeing it.. I'm too lazy to adapt to changes *tries to be polite*

That said, again, well done with the forum move and thanks to all involved for caring and putting the effort in :p
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#68 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostPuck, on 20 March 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Sorry for being picky, but this new Recent Gallery Images thingy at the top of the forum.. Can I make it go away somehow? There's no option to collapse it as with all the other boxes, and I almost spat my good coffee all over the screen upon seeing it.. I'm too lazy to adapt to changes *tries to be polite*

That said, again, well done with the forum move and thanks to all involved for caring and putting the effort in :p

No worries, I don't like it there either. :)

I believe it is a setting/feature which has been enabled, possibly due to the cleanup Xae had to do of our board code, which we had previously had disabled. I can't find the exact part however, so I'll have to get him to take a look tomorrow, as I think we may have to edit it out of the board code to get rid of it - hopefully not, though.

In any case, it should be gone soon (or at least made optional). :p

Shinrei said:

#69 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Phew, I think you just saved my forum experience :p
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#70 User is offline   AndalayBay 

• Recruit

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostSilencer, on 20 March 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

No worries, I don't like it there either. :)

I believe it is a setting/feature which has been enabled, possibly due to the cleanup Xae had to do of our board code, which we had previously had disabled. I can't find the exact part however, so I'll have to get him to take a look tomorrow, as I think we may have to edit it out of the board code to get rid of it - hopefully not, though.

In any case, it should be gone soon (or at least made optional). :p

If it's like the new version, it's a hook you enable/disable in the ACP. Try System -> Applications & Modules -> Manage Hooks. There should be one called Gallery Images. Disable it.
-- Marcus Aurelius

#71 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostAndalayBay, on 20 March 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

View PostSilencer, on 20 March 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

No worries, I don't like it there either. :p

In any case, it should be gone soon (or at least made optional). :)

If it's like the new version, it's a hook you enable/disable in the ACP. Try System -> Applications & Modules -> Manage Hooks. There should be one called Gallery Images. Disable it.

It vexes me that this did not show up in the Live Search box. :p

Shinrei said:

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users