#21 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostSilencer, on 18 March 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 18 March 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

View PostSilencer, on 17 March 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

I will be taking the forums offline at approximately 9pm GMT on Monday the 18th of March in order to conduct the shift. This is a process that will take some time and I cannot give you an exact end date, save to say that it will hopefully only be a few hours.

Wait, what? You're going to interrupt a mafia game on DDay for something as inconsequential as a server migration?
Gah, our new overlord is cruel! Cruel, I say.

Hah! You should have seen some of my predecessors. Never mind interrupting a mafia game, how about losing years of past games for something as inconsequential as board downtime? Stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it! You young 'uns have no idea some of the horrors we've been through round these parts.

:p

That wasn't a planned board down time if I remember correctly. Horrible it was, the only way we survived was to play mafia on the TEMP FORUM... Gods the humanity.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#22 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Oh yes also

Vote Silencer
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#23 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

PANIC!! Can't login to the backup forum - do I have to create a new account? Is this a really dumb question?

#24 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Oh, panic over, had to drag an old password from the depths of my memory.

#25 User is offline   High House Dark 

• Gooseberry Extraordinaire
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Hinter why didnt you vote?? You must be scum.

vote Silencer
Currently re-reading the entire series and waiting for Fall of Light. You can catch me in the chat to win a drawing request!~MISANDRY FOR LIFE MUAHAHA~

#26 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostHigh House Dark, on 18 March 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Hinter why didnt you vote?? You must be scum.

vote Silencer

Heh, I'm trying to stay on the right side of our new tyrannical overlord. For now...

#27 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm already crying and shaking and I will miss you all and and and
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#28 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Posted Image

(I wanted Morpheus doing his speech thingy but could only find this... good enough!)

This post has been edited by D'rek: 18 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#29 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

First!!!!

#30 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostHinter, on 19 March 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

First!!!!

Damn you!
*Men's Frights Activist*

#31 User is offline   Xae 

• Server Administrator

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Hey, guys. I'm the system admin of the server that MzE is now hosted on. We had some DNS issues during the move, people getting redirected to other sites and weird stuff but it should be solved by now. Once the DNS has fully propagated globally, everything will be back to normal for everyone. It's good to see people here already, posting.

Anyway, if you encounter any issues at all, feel free to PM me directly and I'll look into it.

#32 User is offline   Hinter 

• First Sword

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

View PostXae, on 19 March 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

Hey, guys. I'm the system admin of the server that MzE is now hosted on. We had some DNS issues during the move, people getting redirected to other sites and weird stuff but it should be solved by now. Once the DNS has fully propagated globally, everything will be back to normal for everyone. It's good to see people here already, posting.

Anyway, if you encounter any issues at all, feel free to PM me directly and I'll look into it.

You are a good man Xae, but I seem to missing my pants after the move? Any idea where thay are?

#33 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

Damn we are some nosy bastards. Site has been up all of fifteen minutes and Xae has 11 profile views.
And I'm betting you'll regret the italicized bit. Of course you're not actually giving a time frame or promising to reply.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#34 User is offline   Xae 

• Server Administrator

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

View PostHinter, on 19 March 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

You are a good man Xae, but I seem to missing my pants after the move? Any idea where thay are?

Think my girlfriend found them in our bedroom. She swore to me that no funny business was going on.

View PostGnaw, on 19 March 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

Damn we are some nosy bastards. Site has been up all of fifteen minutes and Xae has 11 profile views.
And I'm betting you'll regret the italicized bit. Of course you're not actually giving a time frame or promising to reply.

Well, you know, you'll need to know where to find me so that when the site breaks you can go to my house and stab me in the left nostril.

I operate regular support during the hours of 5:00 - 7:00 and emergency support all day but only on the 29th of February.

#35 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

View PostHigh House Dark, on 18 March 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

vote Silencer

Silence voter!
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#36 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

View PostXae, on 19 March 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

I operate regular support during the hours of 5:00 - 7:00 and emergency support all day but only on the 29th of February.

Aw. You held out hope. Use Feb 30th. The people you want to trip up will still trip and you won't be bothered once every four years.
I had a friend who ran a garage with tow service. The side of his truck said "Tow Service 23 1/2 hours". It gave him the ability to refuse service if called by saying "this is my half hour off." He was on the Highway Patrol's list of 'approved' tow operators. If he offered 24 hour service he would be contractually obligated to go every time they called him.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#37 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

I like this Xae fellow, he's gonna fit in nicely here. Now if only my rep quota wasn't already met for the day I could welcome him properly!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#38 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Is Xae allowed to yell at us?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#39 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

We have returned!

(And by that, I mean the royal 'we', naturally...)

God is in His Heaven, All is Right with the World, and all that...

Still a few issues with people's DNS resolving, so I'm keeping an eye on the temp forum for now. It's important that you report any and all issues to us for investigation (though I see Xae has already kindly offered his inbox in sacrifice to that cause :p) while we are making sure the board has translated over correctly. Please use this forum for minor issues if you don't want to bug Xae. :)

Hopefully everyone is noticing that the forum (once properly worked back into your cache) is loading faster already. We have a strong server behind us now. :p

View Postworrywort, on 19 March 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

Is Xae allowed to yell at us?

Naturally. It's his server after all. But I rather choose to imagine that Xae has other people who can do his yelling for him, like I do. XD

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#40 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

Meet the new boss... Same as the old boss...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users