• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HOUSE OF CARDS Netflix Original Series - Politics, Kevin Spacey, David Fincher

#41 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:02 AM

Robin Wright can direct episodes of this show better than just about anyone. I don't know if they're giving her the best scripts/easier jobs, but she knocks her episodes out of the park. I think she is a legitimate prospect for making splendidly dramatic, yet quietly ridiculous movies/episodes of high profile shows in the future. Everything is smooth, the performances, the angles, the editing beats. All of it works to make each episode she does freighted with importance and impart narrative changes on the show.

This has been something I've paid attention to over the last two seasons and it's cemented after seeing the ones this season.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#42 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:03 AM

View PostBriar King, on 10 March 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

Nah this show is a $ maker for Netflix and I can very easily see them doing Frank's entire 10 yrs he's allowed in office aslong as the seasons are the quality of 1,2&4.

That would get pretty bad pretty fast. They need to learn the lesson of Dexter and end it horrifically and soon.

When the whole show is brinksmanship, and you need to keep raising the stakes, and you need to keep viable long building threats, and they have to eventually become something, your show has a clock. Netflix has lots of money makers and is building more.

They probably will do many more seasons, but sooner or later that will make them suck.

A whole term for him as sitting president? As a term limited president with nothing to run for? You can have a little fun with him battling impeachment, but still.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#43 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:17 PM

I just binge-watched this whole show. It's really kind of gross. I'm not even sure I like it. I will like it more if

Spoiler

I can see it ending next season, easy.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#44 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:42 AM

Season 4, episode 4.Did that just happen?

And then... And then...

...fuck.
Great show.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#45 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:19 PM

Cannot believe that Conway is the guy from THE KILLING.

Dude cleans up good.

#46 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

I'm afraid trump has killed this show. No matter how crazy things get I feel that real life is crazier these days.
Error: Signature not valid

#47 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:56 PM

Trying to watch Season 6 (post Spacey).

Failing.

It's not that Claire isn't an interesting character, or that the situation of her being President in the aftermath of Francis Underwood's presidency isn't an interesting over-plotline... but the interaction between her and Spacey was a cornerstone of this series and that's gone, and there's nothing as good to replace it.

Mark was fun as a fixer, but is boring in the VP role. I'm not buying his divided loyalties or inner conflict. I liked him better when he was an opportunistic douchebag doing other people's dirty work.

The Sheperds aren't nearly as interesting opponents as past seasons have had. The show is hamhanded with Bill's health, and Annette is too like Claire with the manipulative Ice Queen act to really stand out.

Doug is a pale shadow of past seasons' Doug.

Hammerschmidt... i swear they just put this guy on contract three seasons ago but have clue zero what to do with him except have him throw himself around and complain about the unfairness of the universe. He was useless in S4 and S5 and that hasn't changed.

The 'mystery' of what happened to Francis isn't all that mysterious or interesting and we know Spacey isn't going to show up alive or dead to explain it.

The subtlety and tension of past seasons is missing and the remainder may not be enough to hold my interest.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users