• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MAFIA 100 - The Centennial Game Thread

#541 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

The same old arguments were being repeated...

"Sorry, I still don't get it. Why can't you just open a gate out of here?"

"I told you!" replied the old woman. "Because The Lady would notice! Stupid foreigners, none of you understand, and all the Korelians who would are dead!"

"Hey, I'm from Korelian!"

"I wasn't talking about you, little girl. And besides you're clearly from Theft."

"So? Theft is part of Korel!"

"Yes, but it doesn't count. Blood Follows is completely different from Stoneiwelder."

"That's it! You guys are arguing about hair and skin colour AGAIN?! Grizzin Farl fend, give it up already..."

"Ha! Says the one with purple hair and who's paler than a ghost!"

"...and on top of that, you're breaking the fourth wall again, too!"

"Look, this scene is getting us nowhere, can we just skip to the CF?"

"Fine!" echoed everyone else.

Nenanda is dead. He was Zahska Taraq.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#542 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostDemelain, on 26 March 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

vote Eloth

24 pages. No way I can catch up, yet. Going off last page.

I assume my non-vote is scummier than this? Lol.

#543 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Obviously I am rereading the thread, which is why these comments are more stream of consciousness. My apologies.

Another thing tweaked me about Ampelas:

View PostAmpelas, on 25 March 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

27 players in he vote count. 27 players signed up (minus Bubba, I guess he didn't get in). So presumably there's no one playing a multiple alt role right now? Or have I missed something?

Why did he bring this up? I mean PS at that point had only 18 listed players (and 27 listed when PS was trying to use the word "null"), so why assume that there multiple alt roles before such a possibility arises?

Am I missing some train of though here, or is Amp one of two alts controlled by a single player?

#544 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 26 March 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

The same old arguments were being repeated...

"Sorry, I still don't get it. Why can't you just open a gate out of here?"

"I told you!" replied the old woman. "Because The Lady would notice! Stupid foreigners, none of you understand, and all the Korelians who would are dead!"

"Hey, I'm from Korelian!"

"I wasn't talking about you, little girl. And besides you're clearly from Theft."

"So? Theft is part of Korel!"

"Yes, but it doesn't count. Blood Follows is completely different from Stoneiwelder."

"That's it! You guys are arguing about hair and skin colour AGAIN?! Grizzin Farl fend, give it up already..."

"Ha! Says the one with purple hair and who's paler than a ghost!"

"...and on top of that, you're breaking the fourth wall again, too!"

"Look, this scene is getting us nowhere, can we just skip to the CF?"

"Fine!" echoed everyone else.

Nenanda is dead. He was Zahska Taraq.

That would be from Espers. Let me go dig up the role PM from the spoiler thread.

#545 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

View PostD, on 28 June 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

Role - Zahska

Role PM:

Zahska Taraq
Adventurer

On a pleasant summer evening, an innkeeper in Grist was surprised to see a very dark woman dressed in desert robes come into the inn and ask for a room. He told her he wasn't keen on serving her type ever since rumours of the Seven Cities uprising had begun. She told him she had fled the continent long ago and wanted no part in that, and pushed across two Imperial crowns. His greed overcame his prejudice and the innkeeper accepted her story, but in the morning while she was taking her breakfast he snuck upstairs to her room hoping to find more of her coin. He found the room empty, at which point he recalled that she had not carried in any traveling packs the night before. Turning to go, he noticed a light-coloured grit scattered upon the bed sheets.

The innkeeper rushed downstairs and shouted at the woman that she had to pay him to clean the sand from the mattress, which would cost him at least another ten crowns. She argued against the ridiculousness of his claim, but the common room was packed with pale-skinned native Gristians who were all turning her scowls and evil eyes. Backing down from what could become a very one-sided fight, she paid the innkeeper the exorbant sum and left.

The innkeeper gave everyone a free round of his cheapest wine and smiled to himself all day and all night... until the next morning when he found the door of the vault in his office lying open. He had only a brief few moments to stare at the now-empty vault before a hammering on the door preceeded the city's constabulatory barging into the inn. The captain of the watch said something about a dying woman giving them a tip while his men broke the lock into the innkeeper's cellar. Within they found hidden amongst the wine several bottles of illegal narcotics and a jar containing the same kind of poison that had been used to assassinate a nobleman three weeks past. The innkeeper could only stare, dumbfounded, at the bottles, which he would continuously profess he had never seen in his life, despite them being locked in his cellar. The local magistrate didn't believe a word he said and he was hanged less than a week later.

Race: Human
Origin: Arak (a horsewarrior tribe of the Pan'potsun Odhan in Seven Cities)

Masquerading as a treasure hunter, Zahska is a petty thief and a damned good one, too. Combine that with a penchant for mischief and betrayal and Zahska has pissed off quite a few partner treasure hunters who got fired when their backers found bits of treasure she'd snuck into her partners' bags. Since the employer usually then gave Zahska half her partners' shares in the enterprise, it's no wonder she hasn't yet mended her ways...

Role Type: Default Dictator

Abilities:

Mischief (NA) - Each day, submit to Path-Shaper your preferred lynch (it can be any living alt, you may submit multiple possibilities in order of preference). If at the end of day a lynch is not reached by a majority vote, all players' votes are changed to that player at the last instant of the day and they are lynched. If you fail to submit a target for a day when it is needed, the target will be you. [[You can and must still use this ability while you are dead.]]

Dead abilities blurb:

You must continue to specify living lynch targets for your Mischief ability while you are dead. Failure to submit an eligible target, in the event that no lynch occurs, will remove you from the game when you are dead.

Revival/Zombify abilities blurb: (none)

Descriptive Notes:
-Arak: north 7C = arabic-like skin
-clothes: more or less like a Gral - layered robes and criss-cross sandals
-eyes: brown
-hair: sandy brown, a few inches long and messy
-complains about always finding sand in her clothes/hair, despite it being years since she was in a desert

#546 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostTellan, on 26 March 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

View PostTellan, on 26 March 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

View PostNenanda, on 26 March 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

View PostTellan, on 26 March 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

View PostNenanda, on 26 March 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

I agree that Tellan has an interesting point there, and I'm highly suspicious of Ay Estos, but then what about the existence of Bek Okhan? Just a convenient time for second alt to pop up (if D'rek wouldn't allow the Jester to keep playing after losing)? Just a little confused as to what to make of the 2 new alts, if neither are Jester.

EDIT: for clarification, as my first sentence was a total clusterfuck. tireeddddd.

Well they both died end of day one/night one so it makes sense that they both respawned at the start of day 2. My point is we only have their word for who they were previously, and Ay Estos' "woe is me" thing reminds me of Eloth's emo attack.

Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying. Well, now i'm curious as to what Bek Okhan (still Jester? but now pointless?) has to say, if Eloth is now AE.

Well this is it, when Bek whassiface posts we'll be able to garner a little more info. The fact that Ay Estos is now silent suggests to me that he's been rumbled though.

You seem awfully certain of yourselves. What's to say that even if Ay is lying, and they used to be Eloth rather than Aranatha, that they/Eloth are not town?

Edit: Does that sentence make sense? This multiple alts thing is going to get very confusing. Basically, how do we know Eloth wasn't town, and therefore, if we go by Tellan's suspicions, that Ay, too, is town - and attempting to claim Jester and harmless so that we leave them alone?

By the way, I don't believe that myself. I think Ay is telling the truth - but we'll see what Bek has to say.

I really don't understand this post at all - you are contradicting yourself.

To make it clear, my reasoning is as follows:

Ay Estos has just claimed he's the Jester and Aranatha. He also says he is now pointless in the game and told us about a couple of abilities he has.

I called bullshit on this because 1) he sounded whiny like Eloth, not Aranatha, 2) I don't think we'd have an unaligned roleless player in the game who, as he himself indicated, is just going to jump on any lynch train he fancies. Doesn't make sense.

So lying or pointless, he's a guy worthy of my vote.

Let me try again then (for the last time, as THIS is actually pointless before Bek Okhan speaks up):

First, why is someone who is pointless deserving of a vote (and presumably, a lynch)? Wouldn't you rather go for someone who seems scummy, rather than just pointless?

Second, what I meant was this: Let's for a second assume that you are correct, that Ay Estos is lying about who they were. That they are not the Jester, but that they belong to whichever faction Eloth belonged instead.

But now, how do we know that Eloth wasn't town? How do we know that they're not an important townie who's now attempting to hide from another lynch by saying that they're a pointless Jester? My question is, why are you so quick to aggressively vote on someone who may actually not be scum, even if they are lying about their present role?

Now, I don't actually believe the above theory. Until Bek says otherwise, I will assume that Ay is telling the truth, because it's a lie which could easily be challenged (by Bek).

In essence then, I'm raising my eyebrow at your aggressiveness at trying to label Ay Estos something before we've heard from everyone involved - and seemingly automatically assuming (or trying to get the rest of us to assume) that if they are Eloth, than that also means that they're scum.

#547 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

I wonder if Nenanda gets to use her dead abilities until she's revived tomorrow. If so, it will be important to get a lynch, otherwise she has power over today's lynch.

#548 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Obviously I am rereading the thread, which is why these comments are more stream of consciousness. My apologies.

Another thing tweaked me about Ampelas:

View PostAmpelas, on 25 March 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

27 players in he vote count. 27 players signed up (minus Bubba, I guess he didn't get in). So presumably there's no one playing a multiple alt role right now? Or have I missed something?

Why did he bring this up? I mean PS at that point had only 18 listed players (and 27 listed when PS was trying to use the word "null"), so why assume that there multiple alt roles before such a possibility arises?

Am I missing some train of though here, or is Amp one of two alts controlled by a single player?

Lol, keep reading and you'll see why.

#549 User is offline   Bek Okhan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Here but not really.

V. Busy, having a shit day (dying didn't help), and phone dying.

Back in 3 hours

#550 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Nenanda's role strikes me as either scum or serial killer - making sure a death happens during the day no matter what.

#551 User is offline   Silchas Ruin 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostAy Estos, on 26 March 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

I wonder if Nenanda gets to use her dead abilities until she's revived tomorrow. If so, it will be important to get a lynch, otherwise she has power over today's lynch.

I don't think Zahska can use her abilities anymore as now shes dead shell have switched roles and have new abilities afaik.

#552 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 25 March 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 25 March 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

It is Day 1. 31 hours and 28 minutes remaining

18 Players still alive: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, Demelain, Eloth, Fanderay, Karosis, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Skintick, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

10 votes to lynch, 9 votes to go to night.

Players not voted: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, Demelain, Eloth, Fanderay, Karosis, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Skintick, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

This is the most recent post count - there are currently on 18 signed in players. PS had originally put up a 27 person vote count with a bunch of nulls, then changed it to just adding names as people sign in for game reasons. I assumed that this reason was that someone had two alts, so it would have been too obvious when extra alts were added that way.

Good spot. I was just going by the first PS vote count. I guess we'll see later on down the line if we have more than 27.

I am not altogether convinced Amp. You still bring up the multiple alt situation unprompted. Logically, it makes no sense to announce this line of thinking if one is actually multiple-alted and trying to hide the fact, so I'm unsure what to do with this strange blip from you.

#553 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostSilchas Ruin, on 26 March 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

I don't think Zahska can use her abilities anymore as now shes dead shell have switched roles and have new abilities afaik.

Not until dawn of the next day.

#554 User is offline   Silchas Ruin 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Nenanda's role strikes me as either scum or serial killer - making sure a death happens during the day no matter what.

Zahska was town in espers though...

#555 User is offline   Silchas Ruin 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Not until dawn of the next day.

There's no SH filled with the dead so i wouldnt expect the role to still be activated

#556 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

18 Players still alive: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, Demelain, Eloth, Fanderay, Karosis, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Skintick, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

Players not voted: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, Demelain, Eloth, Fanderay, Karosis, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Skintick, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

This is the most recent post count - there are currently on 18 signed in players. PS had originally put up a 27 person vote count with a bunch of nulls, then changed it to just adding names as people sign in for game reasons. I assumed that this reason was that someone had two alts, so it would have been too obvious when extra alts were added that way.

Good spot. I was just going by the first PS vote count. I guess we'll see later on down the line if we have more than 27.

I am not altogether convinced Amp. You still bring up the multiple alt situation unprompted. Logically, it makes no sense to announce this line of thinking if one is actually multiple-alted and trying to hide the fact, so I'm unsure what to do with this strange blip from you.

Ye-es, so then if you follow that logical line of thinking, I am therefore not one of multiple alts, right? So what is the strange blip you're referring to then?

#557 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

To clarify and elaborate, this from the OP:

"When a player dies, they are given a new alt and respawn with their next role at the next Dawn phase. After dying and before respawning, they cannot perform or be the target of any actions. Any remaining abilities, such as BPs, do not carry over to the new role (in a few circumstances there are benefits or limitations tied directly to a meta-role, which do carry over). When a player's roles have all died, they are eliminated from the game and can come to SH."

Not sure how an esper's role would work in these circumstances.

#558 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Well, if I read the op correctly, she doesn't come back into the game until the next dawn phase, so she could still get to use her 'as dead' ability. The point is moot, I'm basically just saying that we need to actually lynch instead of leaving it up to the chance that Nenanda could control it.

#559 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Ye-es, so then if you follow that logical line of thinking, I am therefore not one of multiple alts, right? So what is the strange blip you're referring to then?

You bringing up the possibility of multiple alts unprompted or unstimulated in the first place.

#560 User is offline   Silchas Ruin 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Yeah that helps a lot.

Share this topic:

• 271 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic