• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MAFIA 100 - The Centennial Game Thread

#441 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

K, i'm already running late for work. I'll try to post on breaks, but today's supposed to be a really bad day for me.

#442 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostAranatha, on 26 March 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

View PostEloth, on 26 March 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

View PostDesra, on 26 March 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostEloth, on 26 March 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

As Mockra later pointed out, it is very clearly stated in the OP that only one of the four factions can win. This is deliberate misreading, whereas the case against me rests on my telling people that it's not safe to assume there's a FM, or that the SK MUST be a FM.

It isn't, in fact ,"clearly stated" It took me a couple read throughs to see. You painting it as deliberate misreading is self serving. Then again you are on the chopping block, so I suppose that's to be expected. I am not sure if thats indicative of you being scum, or being under lynch pressure.

I'm sorry that some people have problems with reading comprehension, cause I read the OP once, and I knew that only one of the factions could win. I always underestimate the stupidity of the Mafia player. C'est la vie.

I guess you guys are all set on lynching me over stupidities, but hey, I guess that's Mafias. I believe this will be my last game for a while, it's like the 3rd or 4th game in a row that I get voted out in the first few days for actually trying to discuss the game. I refuse to play a game of Mafia just sitting there and hoping other people will start the conversation, so if that makes me scummy, which to all you assholes, apparently it does, then so be it.

I'll see yall tomorrow, in another alt, with another role, and I imagine you guys will all catch me on something as stupid as responding to the fact that people are assuming things they shouldn't be, and lynch me for that fucking dumb reason to. In short, fuck you all.

I find myself actually sympathising with Eloth here, both as a player and as a mod. The VCs were pretty obvious.

You guys are missing the point. whether or not it was "pretty obvious" or whether it took someone 42 times to read it and figure it out. That wasn't the point. The point was that Eloth said, and used to emphasize his point, the fact that there was "deliberate misreading" . He stated it as fact to prove his point, when, in fact, no one knows this other than the person he accused. He is slanting statements, presenting conjecture as fact. THAT is what I was trying to point out. THAT is what I find more scummy. Call people stupid all you want, but don't present your interpretations of their actions as fact, and then base your point upon that "fact" It doesn't work like that. It just makes you look bad or makes it look like you have an agenda.

#443 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

It is Day 1. 4 hours and 52 minutes remaining

28 Players still alive: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Eloth, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nenanda, Omtose, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Tellan, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

15 votes to lynch, 14 votes to go to night.

2 Votes for D'riss ( Ultama, Eloth )
11 Votes for Eloth ( Ryllandaras, Desra, Tellan, Fanderay, Kilava, Karosis, Ampelas, Liosan, Denesmet, Mockra, Silchas Ruin )
3 Votes for Ryllandaras ( Bendal Home, Nenanda, Monok Ochem )
1 Vote for Tellan ( Prazec Goul )
1 Vote for Fanderay ( Aranatha )

Players not voted: D'riss, Demelain, Galayn Lord, Korbas, Korlat, Omtose, Rashan, Skintick, Trake, Tulas Shorn
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#444 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

As Mockra later pointed out, it is very clearly stated in the OP that only one of the four factions can win. This is deliberate misreading, whereas the case against me rests on my telling people that it's not safe to assume there's a FM, or that the SK MUST be a FM.

It isn't, in fact ,"clearly stated" It took me a couple read throughs to see. You painting it as deliberate misreading is self serving. Then again you are on the chopping block, so I suppose that's to be expected. I am not sure if thats indicative of you being scum, or being under lynch pressure.

I'm sorry that some people have problems with reading comprehension, cause I read the OP once, and I knew that only one of the factions could win. I always underestimate the stupidity of the Mafia player. C'est la vie.

I guess you guys are all set on lynching me over stupidities, but hey, I guess that's Mafias. I believe this will be my last game for a while, it's like the 3rd or 4th game in a row that I get voted out in the first few days for actually trying to discuss the game. I refuse to play a game of Mafia just sitting there and hoping other people will start the conversation, so if that makes me scummy, which to all you assholes, apparently it does, then so be it.

I'll see yall tomorrow, in another alt, with another role, and I imagine you guys will all catch me on something as stupid as responding to the fact that people are assuming things they shouldn't be, and lynch me for that fucking dumb reason to. In short, fuck you all.

I agree with you that the FM stuff that most people seem to be voting on you for is pretty dang shallow. However, that's not my reason for voting for you, as I stated in my voting post :p

Your reason, as I have already pointed out, is just as or more fucking stupid, so that doesn't really give you a pass.

#445 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostAranatha, on 26 March 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

K, i'm already running late for work. I'll try to post on breaks, but today's supposed to be a really bad day for me.

You get to schedule your bad days?

#446 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I'm around trying to figure out what the hell is going on here. I'm only on page three and I doubt I'll get through the whole thread before day times outs. I can see why Eloth is getting votes. Two of his earlier posts were first telling us we shouldn't post very much so someone won't level up and then gave a summary post. Not the most town like posts one could make. I'm curious about the fights between Ryllandaras and Bendal Home. I get the feeling they are too town members fighting it out but like I said I am pages behind.

I'm going to read up some more but will be able to provide a vote for a lynch if it's needed.

#447 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Aranatha said:

1364318828[/url]' post='1042232']

Ryllandaras said:

1364318602[/url]' post='1042228']

Desra said:

1364316947[/url]' post='1042193']
underlined mine

Ryllandaras said:

1364308631[/url]' post='1042146']
You deliberately misunderstand the facts. I read the op, but NOT D'reks response to Korbas. This is a stupid argument.

I was all set to say BH was overreacting, and then you come up with this defense. I think he may have hit on something and you are running out of excuses.

This is bullshit and it is a stupid argument. He's been on me since my first post of a joke vote, because I associate Goodkind with perversion. Hes also twisted and misundersood what ive said deliberately. Yeah I'm annoyed, I think this is a pure scum move.
And as far as D'riss goes, he did skip away after saying lynching was important, which a few of us saw as odd plus Kilava's defense of him. I don't think that case is as good as Eloth though ATM.

oh, wait.
You actually said Goodkind?

when that's a name of scum?

man, you done fucked up on Day 1.

remove vote

vte Ryllandaras

it's a kind of slip you don't escape from.

edited to fix bolding

Did you not read my joke vote? I accused Fandaray of being a goodkinder because of his/her posts.

#448 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

The worst part of this lynch train is that half my team are the ones who more or less started it.

Chew on that for a while.

#449 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostEloth, on 26 March 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

I agree with you that the FM stuff that most people seem to be voting on you for is pretty dang shallow. However, that's not my reason for voting for you, as I stated in my voting post :p

Your reason, as I have already pointed out, is just as or more fucking stupid, so that doesn't really give you a pass.

Oh dear, and I was so looking for a pass from you!

From your posts, you appear to be under the impression that all the roles dished out in this game are memorable ones from previous games. Which suggests to me that you have three such memorable roles. Now, since memorable roles also tend to be amongst the more weird, wonderful, powerful, and dangerous, I conclude that you are weird/wonderful/powerful/dangerous.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean you're scum or even indy, so it could well be an unfortunate lynch, should you be lynched. But even so, as day 1s go, you've revealed something which was a mistake for you to reveal, so you brought it on yourself from my point of view.

#450 User is offline   Silchas Ruin 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostEloth, on 26 March 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

The worst part of this lynch train is that half my team are the ones who more or less started it.

You have 2 more lives, why give any info that could fuck over your team? Are you actually that pissed?

#451 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

So I'm sick and having some trouble following the discussions on the last few pages. I'll comment on some stuff that has caught my eye along the catch up.

View PostDesra, on 25 March 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Hmmmm I wonder who the person trying to get to 500 posts is.

Should be easy enough to spot this person early on with high number of posts. Though, it may be more important to consider what role this move is associated with. Some of the more seasoned mafia players may be able to bring up some thoughts on past games that involved this mechanic. It may be directly associated with a particular faction.

View PostD, on 26 March 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

View PostD, on 26 March 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

So... the two town teams. Flavor or not? Both win as all-around "town", unlike scum teams.

Flavor = Just to name them after the Malazan writers.

Non-flavor = Grouped together in some pattern for a reason.

I'm leaning non-flavor right now because it makes no sense.

This is such a non-townie statement, btw.

Ok.

Sorry guys, I'll just suck at being town over here while the rest of you continue to be aces at it.

Something about the above post bothered me when reading it. For some reason, it seems... suspicious. Accused, D'riss plays it off as being either a bad town, or -- sarcastically -- a better town than those claiming otherwise. So, In case we didn't miss it, D'riss is saying that he is town everyone! Seems like he's trying too hard to look inno here.

vote D'riss

I realize there's a whole Eloth thing going on, which I don't really feel is all that strong. So I'll leave my vote on D'riss for now. I don't intent to play mafia much today (going to sleep off this fucking flu).

#452 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostSilchas Ruin, on 26 March 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

You have 2 more lives, why give any info that could fuck over your team? Are you actually that pissed?

Why indeed...

#453 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

From your posts, you appear to be under the impression that all the roles dished out in this game are memorable ones from previous games. Which suggests to me that you have three such memorable roles. Now, since memorable roles also tend to be amongst the more weird, wonderful, powerful, and dangerous, I conclude that you are weird/wonderful/powerful/dangerous.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean you're scum or even indy, so it could well be an unfortunate lynch, should you be lynched. But even so, as day 1s go, you've revealed something which was a mistake for you to reveal, so you brought it on yourself from my point of view.

And as I've already said, anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete idiot who doesn't have any sense of reading comprehension. Flogger, meet dead horse.

#454 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Before heading out, I realized I missed the last page.

So clearly this person knows who is in their faction. And if Eloth's partners started it, it might be an attempt to distance themselves from the player early on, and accidentally starting a train. Early distancing like this seems to be a scum move. And if it is a scum that knows their members, maybe it is a leading role or a symp? Or Eloth is lying to muddy the waters in preparation for the lynch reveal. In either case, not very helpful behaviour.

remove vote

So I was clearly wrong in my earlier post to shrug off the Eloth case.

Vote Eloth

#455 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostEloth, on 26 March 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

And as I've already said, anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete idiot who doesn't have any sense of reading comprehension. Flogger, meet dead horse.

Further confirmation, thank you.

#456 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

I've all but come out and said that I have three roles with abilities, so again, flogger, dead horse.

#457 User is offline   Eloth 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Gods, at this point I hope you guys actually manage to lynch me, cause going through all this shit again on Day 2 is just going to be painful.

#458 User is offline   Skintick 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Chew on what? Likely misdirection? Either you're telling the truth and you're an asshole, or you're lying. And possibly still an asshole.

Vote Eloth

#459 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostEloth, on 26 March 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

I've all but come out and said that I have three roles with abilities, so again, flogger, dead horse.

So then you see how you brought it on yourself, then? That's good.

#460 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

It is Day 1. 4 hours and 3 minutes remaining

28 Players still alive: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Eloth, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nenanda, Omtose, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Tellan, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

15 votes to lynch, 14 votes to go to night.

2 Votes for D'riss ( Ultama, Eloth )
13 Votes for Eloth ( Ryllandaras, Desra, Tellan, Trake, Skintick, Fanderay, Kilava, Karosis, Ampelas, Liosan, Denesmet, Mockra, Silchas Ruin )
3 Votes for Ryllandaras ( Bendal Home, Nenanda, Monok Ochem )
1 Vote for Tellan ( Prazec Goul )
1 Vote for Fanderay ( Aranatha )

Players not voted: D'riss, Demelain, Galayn Lord, Korbas, Korlat, Omtose, Rashan, Tulas Shorn
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

Share this topic:

• 271 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

28 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users