• You cannot reply to this topic

MAFIA 100 - The Centennial Game Thread

#321 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Im going to go ahead and

Vote Eloth

Im interested to see what some pressure might bring.

#322 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Karosis said:

1364296542[/url]' post='1042082']
I would prefer a lynch over a no lynch. You make a good point Ultama why is D'riss ready to abstain from voting?

A few thoughts I have had whilst reading up. The first is that the people spamming the thread are more likely to be in the "levelling" up category. We have no way of knowing whether they are town or scum aspected. Meng Huo is an interesting one. One of the permutations I thought of was that he is one of the independent roles like the survivor. One role he is Meng Huo with 3 lives, then he has a second role with LP's or BP's and then he has another role with something similar.

Regarding Bendal Home playing aggressive and antagonistic. Does anyone remember the game when Fener got stronger the more people voted for him? I don't think a jester would play the way BH is playing because that just draws night actions towards him. So that Fener role came to mind, thoughts?

Eloth proposes the post less strategy to combat the levelling system. With no way of knowing whether this affects your faction I don't see this as a viable strategy. Only an independent may think this way. That combined with all his posts on the FM makes me want to lean towards an Eloth lynch.

I thought the levelling up was directed at all of us? Like, when we reach 500 posts, all of us level up - whatever that means. What game is that from anyway?

#323 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

You're nekkid, Kilava. Sexy.

#324 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Will do a time update.

The Eloth split vote was a mistake by me Tapper.

-Shin
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#325 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Path-Shaper said:

1364297411[/url]' post='1042089']
Will do a time update.

The Eloth split vote was a mistake by me Tapper.

-Shin

Tapper is so bloody incompetent sometimes.

#326 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

It is Day 1. 11 hours and 24 minutes remaining

28 Players still alive: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Eloth, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nenanda, Omtose, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Tellan, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

15 votes to lynch, 14 votes to go to night.

3 Votes for Eloth ( Ryllandaras, Fanderay, Kilava )
2 Votes for Ryllandaras ( Bendal Home, Nenanda )
2 Votes for D'riss( Aranatha, Ultama )

Players not voted: Ampelas, D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Eloth, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Omtose, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Tellan, Trake, Tulas Shorn
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#327 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostRyllandaras, on 26 March 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

I'm caught up for today. While I agree that it is important to lynch with so many of us, why the hell is D'riss not voting?! I'm thinking he doesn't want to participate in the discussions for some reason. I could see him coming in at the end and dropping a hammer vote so he can prove he's "participating".

Strawmanning is also not really kosher either you know Posted Image.

Maybe you should wait for a person to actually do those scummy things you have "predicted" BEFORE you start vilifying him?
I regularly found that scum need to use your exact strawmanish tactics more often than town since they need to... in order to make inno's look scummy.

Yes, I agree... If D'riss was worried about not lynching he should have dropped a vote. But then again there could be many innocent reasons he didnt.
But you created some kind of strawman version of Driss that all of the sudden "doesnt want to participate in the discussion"...and your reasons for this suspision of non participation? ...oh.."for SOME REASON" Thumb sucking much? Posted Image

And the last line is great...now he cant even come back and place a vote, when him coming back later to place a vote is the most likely scenario to happen given his worry about lynches and his non vote...clever setup.
Im not saying D'riss is inno....im just saying that this style of subtle setup, prediction and strawman combo is classic scum play in my book.

meh

#328 User is offline   Kilava 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

You're nekkid, Kilava. Sexy.

Do i really need to log out and in again?

Im on-line and at the office for the next 3 hours... wether my name is there or not is irrelevant now no?

#329 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

There's some classic moves going on here, proving that after 100 games, we still play the same patterns.

Case in point - obvious vote is obvious

View PostUltama, on 26 March 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

View PostD, on 26 March 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

And with that glorious last note, I'm done for the evening. Won't be around for lynch.

("That's not townie behavior." Rabble rabble rabble.)

Toodles.

And after it has just been pointed out that it will be hard to get a lynch you choose to leave without a vote.

vote D'riss

That being said, in a game like this there might be people who benefit from not voting. Or the more simple explanation is someone is playing factions and isn't confident in voting day 1.

I'm mulling things over, voting good, voting bad. Usually voting good, and to be honest this would be a game to go over the odds of roles being here that benefit from lynching that we would rather not benefit from lynching. Obviously jesters benefit, if it's them. I don't have time to mash my way through all those old games though. Monok, you started it earlier, you do it. :p

#330 User is offline   Karosis 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

View PostKarosis, on 26 March 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

I would prefer a lynch over a no lynch. You make a good point Ultama why is D'riss ready to abstain from voting?

A few thoughts I have had whilst reading up. The first is that the people spamming the thread are more likely to be in the "levelling" up category. We have no way of knowing whether they are town or scum aspected. Meng Huo is an interesting one. One of the permutations I thought of was that he is one of the independent roles like the survivor. One role he is Meng Huo with 3 lives, then he has a second role with LP's or BP's and then he has another role with something similar.

Regarding Bendal Home playing aggressive and antagonistic. Does anyone remember the game when Fener got stronger the more people voted for him? I don't think a jester would play the way BH is playing because that just draws night actions towards him. So that Fener role came to mind, thoughts?

Eloth proposes the post less strategy to combat the levelling system. With no way of knowing whether this affects your faction I don't see this as a viable strategy. Only an independent may think this way. That combined with all his posts on the FM makes me want to lean towards an Eloth lynch.

I thought the levelling up was directed at all of us? Like, when we reach 500 posts, all of us level up - whatever that means. What game is that from anyway?

I linked it a few posts back and that is when Eloth proposed not posting on thread.

Here

After having a few more thoughts, the Survivor game had a lot of role expansion. Maybe when we hit 500 all the game roles that have further levels/abilities will be unlocked.

#331 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

Online briefly, only done a quick read-up and not sure I'll be able to be around much before lynch, what with the need for sleep and such. But just to toss in my thoughts on this (seeing as it seems to have been a running query since page 2, due to PS's post):

The leveling up mechanic is possibly in this game - not certainly, unless your role PM specifically states as such. However, if it is, it is most certainly not guaranteed that every player will benefit from this. For all we know, only one of the scum factions benefits. What basis do you have to assume that it would affect all players?

Secondly; while it is not a good strategy to not post as much in order to combat potential leveling of opponent factions, it is probably in the best interests of *most* factions to restrict their spamming posts. Though I'm always of the opinion that stupid/pointless/post-count-padding posts should be limited. :p

#332 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

View PostD, on 26 March 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

So... the two town teams. Flavor or not? Both win as all-around "town", unlike scum teams.

Flavor = Just to name them after the Malazan writers.

Non-flavor = Grouped together in some pattern for a reason.

I'm leaning non-flavor right now because it makes no sense.

This is such a non-townie statement, btw.

explain please

#333 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Meh, we've had plenty of scum hide by using spam.

If we eliminated the pointless posts from mafia though, there'd be only 3 pages each game. ZING

#334 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 26 March 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Meh, we've had plenty of scum hide by using spam.

If we eliminated the pointless posts from mafia though, there'd be only 3 pages each game. ZING

I said "restrict" not "eliminate", heh.

#335 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

Liosan said:

1364298505[/url]' post='1042096']
Online briefly, only done a quick read-up and not sure I'll be able to be around much before lynch, what with the need for sleep and such. But just to toss in my thoughts on this (seeing as it seems to have been a running query since page 2, due to PS's post):

Ampelas said:

1364297086[/url]' post='1042086']

Karosis said:

1364296542[/url]' post='1042082']

The leveling up mechanic is possibly in this game - not certainly, unless your role PM specifically states as such. However, if it is, it is most certainly not guaranteed that every player will benefit from this. For all we know, only one of the scum factions benefits. What basis do you have to assume that it would affect all players?

Secondly; while it is not a good strategy to not post as much in order to combat potential leveling of opponent factions, it is probably in the best interests of *most* factions to restrict their spamming posts. Though I'm always of the opinion that stupid/pointless/post-count-padding posts should be limited. :p

Well, my basis was the giant blue letters posted by PS which spelt the word, 'Everyone.' :p But yes, you're right, it doesn't mean we'd all get anything from it. Indeed, when I was questioning it above, I didn't assume that we would.

#336 User is offline   Karosis 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Does anyone remember the game with Ubér Awesome Fener I mentioned?

Right now I think Eloth is our best shot at eliminating the FM and that is where I will place my vote.

Vote Eloth

#337 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostAmpelas, on 26 March 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

View PostLiosan, on 26 March 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Well, my basis was the giant blue letters posted by PS which spelt the word, 'Everyone.' :p But yes, you're right, it doesn't mean we'd all get anything from it. Indeed, when I was questioning it above, I didn't assume that we would.

Lol, well, "everyone" doesn't necessarily mean the complete set of all players. It could mean "everyone to whom this mechanic applies", and the wording would be the same. Plus it looks like the content of some of this stuff is copied straight from the old games, so really....until we hit five hundred posts, we can't say for sure.

But traditionally this sort of thing is fully explained in your role PM if the mechanic applies to you, or in the OP. D'rek stated in the sign-up thread that the role PMs are copy+pasted and that any victory conditions therein, for example, would not count for this game, so I'm assuming the same thing here. Even if it does apply to everyone and we go to "level one" at 500 posts, that doesn't necessarily mean that all of us get things - or that ANYONE gets things - and so therefore the logic applies. *shrug*

#338 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostKarosis, on 26 March 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Right now I think Eloth is our best shot at eliminating the FM and that is where I will place my vote.

Vote Eloth

Yes, it was one of the CFUM games and he was actually Spy-Sat 117 or something and was practically unbeatable...though I think he may not have won despite all the powers he had.

#339 User is offline   Ampelas 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Karosis said:

1364299293[/url]' post='1042102']

Vote Eloth

No, link it.

Vote Eloth

Not for the FM reasons, but because I suspect from his words that he has 3 very juicy roles, and that makes me trepidatious.

#340 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

It is Day 1. 10 hours and 54 minutes remaining

28 Players still alive: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Eloth, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nenanda, Omtose, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Tellan, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

15 votes to lynch, 14 votes to go to night.

5 Votes for Eloth ( Ryllandaras, Fanderay, Kilava, Karosis, Ampelas )
2 Votes for Ryllandaras ( Bendal Home, Nenanda )
2 Votes for D'riss( Aranatha, Ultama )

Players not voted: D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Eloth, Galayn Lord, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Omtose, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Tellan, Trake, Tulas Shorn

Share this topic:

• 271 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

8 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users