• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MAFIA 100 - The Centennial Game Thread

#221 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

6 anons, can I get a c-c-c-c-COMBO BREAKER!

?

#222 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

damn lurkers, make me sad, :p

#223 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

1000 bottles of beer on the wall,

1000 bottles of beer.

you take one down,

you pass it around :p

999 bottle sof beer on the wall...

This post has been edited by Aranatha: 25 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

#224 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

the edit above was because the smiley isn't :twobeer: anymore

it's now :cheers : w/o the space.

#225 User is offline   Aranatha 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Sadly, I must deprive the thread of my wisdom for now.

I'll be back in about 5 hours, hopefully, there will be someone other than walls and lurkers to converse with then.

#226 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Cripes.

You're not going to find anyone to talk to unless you have something interesting to say.

Do you think it is likely that people talking about the FM have FM roles? Do you think it's likely that there is a FM finder in this game?

#227 User is offline   Ryllandaras 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostAranatha, on 25 March 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

6 anons, can I get a c-c-c-c-COMBO BREAKER!

?

View PostAranatha, on 25 March 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

View PostAranatha, on 25 March 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

1000 bottles of beer on the wall,

1000 bottles of beer.

you take one down,

you pass it around :p

999 bottle sof beer on the wall...

View PostAranatha, on 25 March 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

the edit above was because the smiley isn't :twobeer: anymore

it's now :cheers : w/o the space.

View PostAranatha, on 25 March 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Sadly, I must deprive the thread of my wisdom for now.

I'll be back in about 5 hours, hopefully, there will be someone other than walls and lurkers to converse with then.

Shameless post padding.

#228 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Considering the FM role is a fairly classic mafia role, I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one in the game. Don't know how an FM hunter works.

#229 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostAranatha, on 25 March 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

I ain't gonna meta this up, but your grammar is far too terrible to be one of the more common users of that smiley. I'd wonder why you were trying to hide, but then that'd be meta.

#230 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

It is Day 1. 23 hours and 29 minutes remaining

26 Players still alive: Ampelas, Aranatha, Bendal Home, D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Eloth, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nenanda, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama

14 votes to lynch, 13 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Ryllandaras ( Bendal Home )
1 Vote for Bendal Home ( Aranatha )

Players not voted: Ampelas, D'riss, Demelain, Denesmet, Desra, Eloth, Fanderay, Galayn Lord, Karosis, Kilava, Korbas, Korlat, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nenanda, Prazec Goul, Rashan, Ryllandaras, Silchas Ruin, Skintick, Trake, Tulas Shorn, Ultama
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#231 User is offline   Nenanda 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Caught up.. and not sure what there WAS exactly to catch up on, but oh well.

I believe someone may have said this already, but isn't speculating about roles/mechanics a bit pointless atm? Or for the first few days probably, due to the nature of this particular game.

The one infinitesimally 'reasonable' vote would be for Ryl. And despite Bendal Home pushing it strongly (which may be strange in and of itself), it IS Day 1 and we can't just sit around/spam the thread.

Well we COULD, but I don't like post-padding if I have nothing of substance to say. My vote is definitely not set in stone for now, but we need so many to make a lynch, so I feel comfortable leaving this here:

vote Ryllandaras

EDIT: removed a word/typo

This post has been edited by Nenanda: 25 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

#232 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hmmmm I wonder who the person trying to get to 500 posts is.

#233 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

You caught me.

#234 User is offline   Desra 

• Recruit

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

View PostD, on 25 March 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

You caught me.

:p

#235 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

Sweet baby jesus people, learn to snip your quoted posts! Especially if you're just talking crap.

View PostAmpelas, on 25 March 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

View PostKorbas, on 25 March 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Though I agree with Korbas that people have a tendency to go too far with their ridiculous insults and whatnot, I think that belabouring that point is a waste of time. The more you show that it's bothering you, the more they'll do it just to piss you off and get a rise out of you. I think it's best to more or less ignore the bullshit. I am not, of course, implying that you should ignore their posts completely, just to not let them get a rise out of you. There's no point in playing directly into their scummy hands.

It doesn't really bother me, but it may bother some people and there are ladies playing. (and modding)

How do you know it's not the ladies who are engaging in these shenanigans?

Because ladies are the fun police obviously. I thought everyone knew this.

View PostAmpelas, on 25 March 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

I was thinking along the same lines. A lot of the games that were linked from the first post were M&P games. I suppose it's possible that there are some paired killers, or RI townies, but from what we have been told about the setup, I think it's more likely that everyone has 3 roles with abilities.

I think it's more likely that YOU have three roles with abilities. How interesting.

My thoughts precisely

View PostAranatha, on 25 March 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

View PostKilava, on 25 March 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

"disucc"..i menat discuss :p

filthy spamme,r trying to up post count with useless posts.

Kinda like you're doing with the unnecessary pile of posts one after each other?
Also I'm pretty sure that comma in the middle of your word requires us to lynch you :p

#236 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostDesra, on 25 March 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

View PostGalayn Lord, on 25 March 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

View PostEloth, on 25 March 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Desra and Galayn Lord have both been added to the post count, but have not yet posted, so perhaps some pressure is due? If they had time to send a PM to PS to let them know their alt order, then they should have had time to post a checking-in post.

Oh yes, how reprehensible of me to spend 45 minutes reading over the thread while I'm at work. Well I'm here.
As to the recent FM talk, it would seem difficult to alt jump when the player gets to respawn the next morning.

This is a good point regarding a FM mechanic. If a person rerolls, and their old alt is still alive, that would make being a FM very difficult. .

That's if the person FM'd wants to speak up. I'd guess that reveals would be a feeding frenzy in this game, especially given that most-like everyone will have at least one role at all times during the game. As someone said, the personality of roles don't necessarily fall to their good/bad/indepent meta status in this game. FM could just as easily be town as SK.

#237 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostNenanda, on 25 March 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Caught up.. and not sure what there WAS exactly to catch up on, but oh well.

I believe someone may have said this already, but isn't speculating about roles/mechanics a bit pointless atm? Or for the first few days probably, due to the nature of this particular game.

The one infinitesimally 'reasonable' vote would be for Ryl. And despite Bendal Home pushing it strongly (which may be strange in and of itself), it IS Day 1 and we can't just sit around/spam the thread.

Well we COULD, but I don't like post-padding if I have nothing of substance to say. My vote is definitely not set in stone for now, but we need so many to make a lynch, so I feel comfortable leaving this here:

vote Ryllandaras

EDIT: removed a word/typo

Role/meachanics speculation is all we've got to go on at the moment, so I can't see how it's a bad thing. It's definitely the most interesting and useful thing being talked about so far... I think the beginning of the game is probably the most useful point to speculate, because the chances of this game going pear-shaped at some point are pretty high. Right now we've got a bit of structure, in the next few days we might lose that and it'll be much harder to figure out mechanics from there. So I don't think speculation at this point is completely useless.

#238 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

Desra and Galayn Lord have both been added to the post count, but have not yet posted, so perhaps some pressure is due? If they had time to send a PM to PS to let them know their alt order, then they should have had time to post a checking-in post.

Oh yes, how reprehensible of me to spend 45 minutes reading over the thread while I'm at work. Well I'm here.
As to the recent FM talk, it would seem difficult to alt jump when the player gets to respawn the next morning.

This is a good point regarding a FM mechanic. If a person rerolls, and their old alt is still alive, that would make being a FM very difficult. .

That's if the person FM'd wants to speak up. I'd guess that reveals would be a feeding frenzy in this game, especially given that most-like everyone will have at least one role at all times during the game. As someone said, the personality of roles don't necessarily fall to their good/bad/indepent meta status in this game. FM could just as easily be town as SK.

That's a really good point, I hadn't thought of that. Although I suspect there isn't an FM mechanic, partly because D'rek used it as her example. But I guess there's no telling at this point, and it's the kind of thing you don't want to write off as a possibility.

#239 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostMockra, on 26 March 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

View PostMonok Ochem, on 26 March 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

That's a really good point, I hadn't thought of that. Although I suspect there isn't an FM mechanic, partly because D'rek used it as her example. But I guess there's no telling at this point, and it's the kind of thing you don't want to write off as a possibility.

Well, given that there will be 81 separate roles in this game, I fail to see how a FM can not show up at some point (just like there were most certainly be all the standard roles like healer, guard, killer, and finder).

One thing to remember is this is a game of nostalgia. While it's possible super-powerful roles won't be present (though I won't discount even that possibility), more likely there will be powerful and, more importantly, memorable roles in this game.

#240 User is offline   Monok Ochem 

• Recruit

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

Also, a thought on the PS shenanigans with the weird comments of tax collectors, leveling up, and MH: These all seem to be game starting points of a sort. The first two are automatic to the introduction of those games, indicating that characters (not necessarily any one in particular) from those two mafias are in play. As for the MH statement, that would have me guessing that the man himself is in play given that the scene comes from the middle of the day and is tailored to match how many more lives the player would have in this game (namely 3).

Share this topic:

• 271 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

24 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users