Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oh... My... God.... Spoilers ahoy! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Therrester 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

First and foremost, please no spoilers beyond what I have read. The anticipation is killing me and I would hate to be spoiled here.
So, I'm merely posting this in order to try and calm my sleepless mind before going to bed in hope to wake up early enough for uni tomorrow. Alas, I have just reached a little passed page 1000 on DoD and I am literally shaking in my seat wanting to read the rest.

I mean, what in the actual Hood is going on? The Errant is planing to release the Otataral dragon, making it unleash destruction upon the world, his two Elder god friends are planing to stab him in the back, Tool commands an Imass army which promises destruction upon a nation, Twilight and The Watch have reached the abandoned city of Darkness, Icarium has shaking the Warrens, prompting them to collapse (from what I can tell) and the world is quite literally going to shit. ON TOP OF THAT; we have the newer gods, who seek to war with the elder ones. Rake's death and it's repercussions has just thrown the world into an even worst chaos! Dragnipur has been broken, unleashing Draconus upon the Wastelands, Hood has fallen and has been replaced with the Bridgeburners who now command an army of the death and promise to use it, Mother Dark has returned to her people, which not only promises the return of Osserc but the inevitable clash between Light and Darkness (according to the summery on the back of TCG book).

Even more so, this entire event has been brought forth by Shadowthrone and Cotillion!! LIKE WHAT?!

If things couldn't get any worst, we have the Bonehunters marching to Kolanse for an unknown purpose. Some marines speculate that Tavore plans to release the Cripple God, literally unchain him (whether this is true or not). Some of her marines (Kisswhere and Sinter I believe) are willing to try and prevent the company from being betrayed. Not to mention Quick, Bottle and Ruthan Gudd(?), the latter who plans to clash with Draconus, as well as every other marines that will likely unleash a hoard of bad-assery. And of course, we can't forget Ganeos Paran still has his hand to plan, along with whatever Shadowthrone and Cotillion have planned. And, if I'm lucky, I'll get a bit more of Traveller before things are over.

Sorry for this post being nothing more than an effort to clear my head.

Again, WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HOOD??!

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

You should finish the book probably.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

I have a feeling you might enjoy the last 50 pages somewhat.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

...and then of course there's THE CRIPPLED GOD.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I was listening to epic music when reading that bit. My head exploded.

On my next read through of the series I'll play An End Once and For All (on a loop) at certain bits. Just to make sure the splatter is as messy as possible.

This post has been edited by Garak: 07 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#6 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 January 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

HAH... somewhat ;)

if his mind is blown now, he'll be SOMEWHAT blown into space by the last 50 pages
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#7 User is offline   Overactive Imagination 

• High Fist

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostSinisdar Toste, on 07 January 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 January 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

HAH... somewhat :D

if his mind is blown now, he'll be SOMEWHAT blown into space by the last 50 pages

I just finished the book for the first time and my mind is FUCKED.

edit: awesome book, btw :p

This post has been edited by Overactive Imagination: 14 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users