• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

question about mappo

#1 User is offline   boesjwoelie 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hi everyone :lol:

I made a big desecion last night... I dropped NoK about 300 pages in (sorry ICE but i just didnt like it that much, ill get back to it when i finished the series :D ) to get started in reapers gale, which was waiting for me on my shelf =)

So now i need some refreshment about mappo. I know he and icarium got separated when mappo fell down the cliff, during the fight with dejim nebrahl(SP?).
Now, icarium is on his way to hopefully kick rhulads ass... With a detour to the shadow throne.
Mappo is trying to find him, and since he is also currently on a boat, i assume he is going in the right direction... Bus is he? And if he is, how does he know?

Thanks for the help... And btw the prologue to RG is great :thumbsup:
"In a world full of pits and sinkholes, you dance the edges." Ganoes Paran

#2 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Mappo's adventures are just beginning!. Yaaaay!

If you want Mappo Runt to head off in search of Icarium, turn to page 765.

If you want Mappo Runt to go back home, chill out and partake in some herbal jazz, turn to page 900.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

If your copy of NoK has significantly more than 300 pages then I think you've been duped.

Re: Mappo, he's distraught and not exactly sure of anything, but he's found himself in the company of at least one ascendant, and he's working on a desperate kind of faith. And he might have a homing device type ability too...after all, he has a formal magical relationship to Iccy, and the Nameless Ones were expecting him to be killed.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   boesjwoelie 

• Sergeant

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

@stonny: thanks for the page numbers, but i think i have a different edition than you... Couldnt find the pages you are referring to ^_^

@worry: checked last night... Ok my copy is 450 something pages, and was at 140 something... Too much left ;)

Anyway thanks guys, i understand mappo just kind of went looking for icarium everywhere, then gave up. Clear =)
"In a world full of pits and sinkholes, you dance the edges." Ganoes Paran

#5 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

View Postboesjwoelie, on 16 November 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

.... i understand mappo just kind of went looking for icarium everywhere, then gave up. Clear =)

Um. No.

Not sure where you're at in TB but if you're aware of the battle at the Throne than you're far enough along to know that Mappo was healed by the QoD and sent on his way to find Icarium by Cotillion with an assist from Pust and Spite.

As for NoK, if you cut out that early you missed pretty much all of the best parts of the book, but your call.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#7 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Peeps is gonna get on you for this Abyss, but I got yr back. It was Ardata that healed Mappo, in her little time pocket warren on jacaruku. Mappo gets the spider web marks on his skin.

#8 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostStalking Stonny, on 16 November 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Peeps is gonna get on you for this Abyss, but I got yr back. It was Ardata that healed Mappo, in her little time pocket warren on jacaruku. Mappo gets the spider web marks on his skin.

I could be wrong, but doesn't someone... possibly Cots, connect the web marks to the QoD?

#9 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

If that happened, and I'm not saying it didn't, then I am feeling stupid for missing something, but I always assumed bc it was Mogora, who was a servant of Ardata, who performed the ritual on Mappo, during which his spirit goes to see her in the past in jacaruku during the era of the Fall, mappo says "Should I name you?" and she says better not, as she is hiding. I thought that we are meant to assume she is hiding from Kallor. This is part of the plot that I believe will get a thorough going over in Blood and Bone. Again, I would not be surprised if I were wrong, but I do not remember the cotillion part you mentioned.

#10 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

amazon look inside function strikes again.... mmpb p508.... Mogora heals Mappo, Cotillion shows up, there's a ref to T'riss making the healing possible by drawing on the Moon, Mogora is 'one of Ardata's'. So everyone's involved somehow.

#11 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, I saw that just a second ago.There is aso a spite reference somewhere that says something like "Ardata had a hand in this...healed by the queen of spiders...you make troublesome friends" Or something. Its in there somewhere.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users