#901 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:11 PM

Wednesday! Woohoo!!

#902 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:14 PM

So, everyone be careful. There is some children's book out that has the entire plot spoiled in it. TF.N has it as their lead story. Like BK, the LINK page for it at TF.N has all the screencaps...the bastards didn't even spoilerify them. Steering WELL clear of places like TF.N and Making Star Wars...and hoping that the regular-ass news doesn't pick it up and run it on TV or some shit.

The reviews also will start rolling in late tonight.

I'm going to be going as dark as I can with the internet in general over the next few days to avoid as much as I can.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 14 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#903 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:54 PM

Look, Phasma being Jar Jar is practically old news already, just get over it....
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#904 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:54 PM

Just in case anyone wanted to know what this week's MORONIC trolls on the internet are up to?

The FB page/group who are trying to preserve the old Expanded Universe (and are therefore pissed about the new films and media), which has shown in the past to be a group of absolute TWATS (they trolled the reviews for the books in the New Canon with one-star ratings en masse to bring the ratings down)...have made it their goal to see TFA and spoil the shit out of it across the internet.

I have never seen a purer distillation of "internet age troll" in my entire life than that.

What a bunch of complete shits.

Anyways, more reason to pretty much avoid most of the net till Thursday night.

I gotta wonder what their goal is? Do they think that this will somehow piss Disney off, and that the Expanded Universe will be returned to Canonicity? Do they think that bringing the weight of legions of normal fans who don't want it spoiled down on their little FB group is going to accomplish anything? I mean how do these idiots not FALL DOWN MORE on a daily hourly basis?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#905 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 December 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

Just in case anyone wanted to know what this week's MORONIC trolls on the internet are up to?

The FB page/group who are trying to preserve the old Expanded Universe (and are therefore pissed about the new films and media), which has shown in the past to be a group of absolute TWATS (they trolled the reviews for the books in the New Canon with one-star ratings en masse to bring the ratings down)...have made it their goal to see TFA and spoil the shit out of it across the internet.

I have never seen a purer distillation of "internet age troll" in my entire life than that.

I gotta wonder what their goal is? Do they think that this will somehow piss Disney off, and that the Expanded Universe will be returned to Canonicity? Do they think that bringing the weight of legions of normal fans who don't want it spoiled down on their little FB group is going to accomplish anything? I mean how do these idiots not FALL DOWN MORE on a daily hourly basis?

Well that rules out me logging into Facebook before christmas. Best avoid Reddit as well.

#906 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:50 PM

View PostAndorion, on 15 December 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 15 December 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

Well that rules out me logging into Facebook before christmas. Best avoid Reddit as well.

Yeah, I've got a bunch of no-go internet sites between now and Thursday night. Today was even my last day of looking at normal movie news sites.

#907 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:56 PM

Luke kills Dumbledore.

#908 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 15 December 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

Luke kills Dumbledore.

Attached File  Nooo-Meme-Darth-Vader-04.jpg (62.94K)
Number of downloads: 0

#909 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:59 PM

Yoda's brain in a jar... wow i totally didn't see that coming.

And Chewie really needs to get rid of those dreadlocks, it just makes him look silly.

Almost as bad as Luke's goatee, what is this, The Mirror Universe?

...and seriously, did ALL the slaves have to be wearing the same gold bikini outfit? Even the men???

:)
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#910 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

May the Schwartz be with you all.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#911 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

Thursday at 11 with brother, 10 pm with friends on Friday.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#912 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:09 AM

Haha, you poor soul. I'm going in a little over 12 hours. I love living in the future!

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#913 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

24 hrs to go for me! The reviews here in the UK this morning are spectacular - my expectations were already high enough!

Spoiler-free review: http://www.theguardi...ular-homecoming

#914 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:38 AM

#915 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

seeing it tuesday on cheap movie nite with my buddies. I won't be checking this thread till then.

#916 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:03 PM

It was good!! Kept my expectations low, not disappointed at all. Feels much like ep iv - vi. Some flaws, but all in all, my respect for JJ Abrams!

#917 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:46 AM

My friends banded together to get me a extra ticket tomorrow night and collectively are getting me to break my ten year No Star Wars vow.

I promise to see it for the popcorn entertainment it is and not something I heavily criticized for ten years.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#918 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:54 AM

So good. I too avoided hyping myself too much, but this really combined the feel of the OT with the visuals and scale of the prequels. Lots of nice shoot-outs, the new characters are fantastic (BB-8 is the best droid ever) and it all worked so, so well.

I'm sure there are things in there that will annoy the EU devoted, but it was a much better sequel than anything beholden to that lore could have been, imo.

I'll do more detailed notes (in well-marked spoiler tags) later, when I'm not going to work, on the stuff that was awesome, the stuff that was noticeable (but not inherently bad), and the stuff I found weird or disliked (there's not a lot, and it's fairly pedantic).

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#919 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:56 AM

View PostBriar King, on 17 December 2015 - 03:20 AM, said:

My FB notifications are piling up... No way I'm clicking the app. People that have seen the show should probably spoiler tag even something as simple as "I liked it or didn't" so as not to give any imp for other people. This movie means a lot to fans around the world and is a massive deal. Just my thoughts anyway. I'm stealthing this movie as much as is possible. I'm stoked up hardcore.

That's just silly. I'd suggest that now the movie is out, you'd best avoid this thread if you're worried about stuff that small...

Shinrei said:

#920 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:59 AM

I dislike that I haven't seen the movie yet.

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

20 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users