• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#681 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

You know I have not kept up with all the developments regarding the movie since the first trailer, so at some point you guys will need to summarise it for me.

#682 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostAndorion, on 28 August 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

You know I have not kept up with all the developments regarding the movie since the first trailer, so at some point you guys will need to summarise it for me.

I think the movie will be a pretty good summary of itself :p

#683 User is offline   thomas_sims29 

• Recruit
  • Group: (COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderatio

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:04 PM

I can wait to see the next episode! I have already called to imax to know when they will start to sell the tickets. Right now i have to make some vassar college paper writing and i hope that SW will inspire me, because it was like this with previous movies, when i have to do some complicated decisions i start to watch SW and they come to my head.

This post has been edited by thomas_sims29: 07 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

#684 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

http://uk.ign.com/ar...mpaign=Blogroll

It’s been announced that Star Wars: The Force Awakens will hit UK screens a day earlier than previously announced. Episode VII will now be released on December 17, one day before the sci-fi sequel hits US screens.

Not sure if it's been posted.

:harhar:

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#685 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:52 AM

View PostBriar King, on 10 September 2015 - 02:42 AM, said:

Hey UK..... Go eat a dick!!!

There now I feel better.

Nah never mind I don't .

:harhar:

You could always fly over and see it there maybe?Posted Image

#686 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

Rumour has it that a full length trailer is due to drop today...as there is an MPAA rating sheet for a new trailer going round with today's date as release.

Stay tuned, and we'll see. We are due for a full length trailer with dialogue.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#687 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:37 AM

http://www.slashfilm...-credits-scene/
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#688 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

Okay, I've just read the first issue of Greg Rucka's STAR WARS: SHATTERED EMPIRE comic, and it's got a pretty huge, but awesome spoiler for THE FORCE AWAKENS. If you want to remain unspoiled about the origin of a major new character from TFA, do not click...if you're fine with knowing, click away.

Spoiler

I'm LOVING this new Canon stuff for reasons like this. The connective tissue is just well-thought out and laid down. Nothing feels especially forced.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 September 2015 - 12:22 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#689 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:31 PM

While this could go in a gaming thread, I'm going to place it here so the most Star Wars fans might see it.

The new mobile game STAR WARS:UPRISING (which is Canon, and concerns a general who has blockaded his system after Endor and lied to them that the Emperor didn't fall and the Empire is fine...the people on those planets are beginning to rise up as the blockade prevents them from living their lives....you play shadier characters who basically circumvent the empire and this general)...

The game is free, and is REALLY fun, awesome, and addictive. Can be found in the iOS store, and android store.

#690 User is offline   ArtificialAscendant 

• Recruit
  • Interests:Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror books, movies, T.V. shows and video games... many other types of literature, many forms of interesting rock and roll, particularly my favorite musicians Devin Townsend, Josh Homme, and Al Jourgenson... all the strange things to be experienced while living in the most interesting epoch in human history thus far
  • I am enthusiastic about being in this group that is devoted to the greatest work of fiction that mankind has ever produced. The Malazan series has redefined my entire perception of what the artform of creative writing is capable of.

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

Just joined this forum a couple days ago... first thing I ended up doing was reading this entire discussion. Not at all what I was expecting to be delving into in a Malazan group, but I enjoyed it immensely. You people are the sort of hard-core nerds I have always been proud to associate myself with. The technical discussion about the pros and cons of a crossguard lightsaber was nothing but spectacular. I commend you all.
After she showed me her Tiste, I was ready to Jaghut off. But then she let me Forkrul her Assail!

#691 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:56 PM

this needs to be here.....

Attached File  RXyTkut.jpg (56.65K)
Number of downloads: 0

#692 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:55 AM

View PostBriar King, on 12 October 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

I can't fucking believe it's almost mid October now and no trailer 3... Makes me wonder if they are only going to have 3 total instead of the normal 4 cause at this point there's really no need to do 2 with only 2 months till its here.

Wow only 2 months till its time... I just got a boner

Or the movie has been postponed and the last trailer will come out in its placePosted Image

#693 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:05 PM

Fairly confirmed:

Advance Tix go on sale Noon tomorrow for TFA.

Final trailer is due on Monday (confirmed by MakingStarWars.net who's track record is pretty impeccable)

#694 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:21 PM

'The Force Awakens' title now has a new meaning for me.

Since the prequels I've been right off Star Wars. But, since the new trailers began, something has changed.

I've just started watching Rebels. Which hits the spot, somehow, despite the continuing portrayal of Stormtroopers as complete idiots instead of anything remotely threatening. (I can also see some blatant nods to Firefly in the setup - probably why I like it).

I went to Secret Cinema to see Empire Strikes Back - which turned out to be the best Star Wars experience I've ever had, bar none.

My 3 year old son watched Star Wars with me. And Empire. And today, he wanted 'more Darth Vader'. So we watched Jedi. Which, as it finished, he asked to watch again! For me, it was like watching it again for the first time (although that 'additional' crap still adds nothing - I like the original sarlacc, max rebo band and Anakin ghost)

So I dug out my force fx green Light saber, and the Vader one, and we had a mini duel on the landing.

It's sort of rekindled the original magic. I'm now really looking forward to the new movie - and really, really hoping that they don't fuck it up.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 October 2015 - 08:18 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#695 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

Okay, the latest issue of Greg Rucka's post-Jedi comic SHATTERED EMPIRE has some VERY cool east eggs.

While Leia and Shara Bey (Poe Dameron's mother) visit Naboo in the aftermath of the Endor battle to drum up suppport for the fledgling New Republic, an old plan by the Emperor becomes enacted and Naboo comes under fire from the Imperial Remnant.

And the follwing two things happen:

1. The current Queen of Naboo reveals that the old hangar bay with the old yellow Naboo starfighters is closed up, but still exists...so they head down there to see if the fighters are still functional...and as Leia walks into the hangar bay, we get this:

Attached File  LeiaNaboo.jpg.JPG (243.35K)
Number of downloads: 2

Leia's force sensitivity allows her to sense the fight that once took place in the hangar between Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon. Which...is DAMNED cool.

and then...

2. Leia, Shara, and the current Queen of Naboo (who is battle-trained) fly the old yellow starfighters against a Star Destroyer.

Attached File  NabooStarfighters.jpg.JPG (253.01K)
Number of downloads: 0

Which is also...pretty cool (please note that they don't take out the Destroyer without help...)

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 October 2015 - 01:51 PM

#696 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:55 AM

What's the reference in the second panel? Something to do with young Anakin?

#697 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

Is it canon that Vader is actually a lot weaker after his 'transformation' due to missing or replaced body parts?

I just read in a SW Chronicles book that was out at the same time as the prequels, that Sidious is robbed of the apprentice he wanted in Vader, as (gulp) his midichlorian count was dramatically reduced with his loss of limbs and organs, leaving him slower in the original trilogy than, say, Maul is in the prequels.

I just wondered, as in Rebels there doesn't seem anything slow or underpowered about him; he's kind of on a par with the Jedi from the Republic.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#698 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

I guess even a shadow of his former self, Darth Vader is still much more powerful than pretty much anyone. Until his son came along.

I wonder what sort of character they will make Luke. It's probably the one thing I'm most curious to see.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#699 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:40 AM

View PostBriar King, on 18 October 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

I'm nervous about it. Luke has been the Grand Master for yrs and if he is shown as a Bitch in hiding/scarred of using/teaching the Force I'm going to fucking cry.

Luke is Yoda

#700 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:15 AM

For those who may have missed it, the one sheet was released and it's gorgeous.

Posted Image

And remmember, the final trailer debuts tonight (during the halftime of Monday Night Football), and the tickets go on sale right after.

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users