• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#641 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

STAR WARS: ROGUE ONE teaser from Celebration leaked as a cammed version.

Watch it now before Disney has it taken down.

http://leganerd.com/...teaser-trailer/

Gareth Edwards says it's a War film more than anyting else.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 20 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#642 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 April 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

That actually looked rather intriquing. Though if it's a war film then I don't really know what the deal is with the Kenobi voice over.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#643 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 20 April 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 April 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

That actually looked rather intriquing. Though if it's a war film then I don't really know what the deal is with the Kenobi voice over.

I think it's meant to illustrate that the era in which the film takes place, The Dark Times (early Rebellion-era) before ANH. And it's about the incursion/heist that steals the death star plans the Rebels have in ANH to know the blueprint and find the flaw/exhaust tunnel they exploit in the death star run.

It sounds like Edwards is making a WWII-style war heist film. Which is outside the main style of film SW films are traditionally... that I think it's going to be really interesting.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 20 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#644 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

EEEK!!! I just learned today that BB-8, the little football droid is a prop! IT'S A PROP!!! NOT CGI!!!

Ahem...

"squee"

That is all.

#645 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:02 PM

The full synopsis of the DLC content for the BATTLEFRONT game gives us a look at what happened to the galaxy post ROTJ, as the battle of Jakku (the desert planet we see in the TFA teaser) which takes place 1 year after Endor and is the reason for all the wreckage we see including the star destroyer and super star destroyer rusting in the desert.

Pre-order Star Wars™ Battlefront™ and on December 1st, 2015, be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. Taking place in the aftermath of the Rebel victory in the Battle of Endor, players will experience the events that created the massive, battle-scarred landscape of Jakku shown in Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™.

This is cool cause it answers the question that there IS a New Republic established post-ROTJ, likely by the Alliance and there ARE Imperial holdouts/remnants...but it will be interesting where that republic stands as of 29 years later in the FORCE AWAKENS events, and how that fits into the new Stormtroopers are part of The First Order.

#646 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#647 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

Awesome, funny, hilarious, a nice little touch, a good reference, a masterful easteregg and completely and totally fake, unfortunately.

#648 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, I was watching that live, and not only is a cool as hell WORKING prop...but his talking (beeping) is different enough from Artoo, and yet still cool....and Artoo and it don't get along apparently. ;)

Anyways, yeah, the fact that it works and the head can swivel around like that? Damn, must be magnets or something...but it's effing COOL.

#649 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 April 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Yeah, I was watching that live, and not only is a cool as hell WORKING prop...but his talking (beeping) is different enough from Artoo, and yet still cool....and Artoo and it don't get along apparently. ;)

Anyways, yeah, the fact that it works and the head can swivel around like that? Damn, must be magnets or something...but it's effing COOL.

I'm not sure, but I think, maybe, that I'm sensing a future merchandise here....

#650 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

Force Awakens Vanity Fair cover and character shots!

http://www.vanityfai...-awakens-photos

#651 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

Anyone have a video link for this BB-8 live footage?

#652 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 04 May 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

Anyone have a video link for this BB-8 live footage?

It was streamed at Celebration, let me see if I can find it for you.

EDIT: Found

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

#653 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:17 PM

That's fucking sick! Wonder how it works.

EDIT: http://www.popularme...rs-droid-works/

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 04 May 2015 - 06:22 PM

#654 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

The Executor class Super Star Destroyer, the one Vader flew around in, was 19 km long. I'm not sure what that is in miles, but it's damned long!

#655 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

Some giant synopsis apparently covering the whole movie has shown up online. I didn't and won't read it...and it has prompted me to initialize a hard embargo against any more spoilers coming out about it prior to December. I'll watch one more trailer and read the Chuck Wendig post-ROTJ book...but I'm going black for everything else. I want to be as enthralled and fresh as I can be for a new Star Wars movie...and the recent trend in Hollywood to market the shit out of big tentpole movies (AVENGERS: AoU I'm looking directly at you with your 8 trailers and behind the scenes stuff) makes me leery of over-saturation. I refuse to steal that fresh enjoyment from myself.

Just a fair warning that this large synopsis IS out there. Should you wish to also be wary of it.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

#656 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:18 PM

Just treat any vaguely Star Wars related link as potentially containing deadly vampiric zombie viruses. Also dont watch tv, talk to unreliable people, wear earphones in public places to block out drifting spoilery gossip, strictly filter facebook, or even better hire someone to do it for you..... and theres a chance you wont be spoiled by december

#657 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:29 PM

View PostAndorion, on 26 May 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

Just treat any vaguely Star Wars related link as potentially containing deadly vampiric zombie viruses. Also dont watch tv, talk to unreliable people, wear earphones in public places to block out drifting spoilery gossip, strictly filter facebook, or even better hire someone to do it for you..... and theres a chance you wont be spoiled by december

Your logic is sound...but it makes me sad. :)

#658 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

So issue # 6 of Marvel's STAR WARS series (takes place between A NEW HOPE and EMPIRE) just dropped the first major bombshell information for the New Canon.

Spoiler

Oh and not so spoilery...the last section has Boba Fett telling Vader he has discovered the name of the pilot who took out the Death Star...Skywalker....at which point Vader is silent for a few moments and then shatters the glass window in front of him growling "Skywalker"...which is a nicely done way of having him find out. I actively sat there and thought. Oh man, as Anakin he thought his kid(s) was dead in th womb of his dead wife...and here it is 18 years later and he has a son, on the Rebels side. That is some mind-melty shit for him to deal with.

Posted here as I'm unsure if this revelation will affect TFA.

#659 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:22 PM

Three new Canon characters revealed in a new mobile game give a hint of the state of the galaxy after ROTJ.

http://www.ign.com/a...acters-revealed

EDIT for more art from the game, spoilered for size.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

#660 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

[s]First alleged photo of Luke in TFA has surfaced.

Blurry though it is.

I like it. A LOT. Bearded (as we knew he was), but what I note (other than the now-exposed machincal hand) is what LOOK to be inner white/tan Jedi robe with black (or dark brown) on top.

EDIT: Deleted: It was apparently a fake. Boo.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 19 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users