• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#621 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

View PostMcLovin, on 16 April 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

Well QT you called the desert planet not being Tatooine.

Huh! Well there you go.

Also, I liked John Boyega talking about bringing his large Han Solo in Stormtrooper gear to Harrison on set and asking him to sign it: "This is weird. *eyeball*. But I'll sign it for you" (done in Boyega's impresson of Harrison to boot). Funny!

Oh and Oscar Issac on his Poe Dameron character. "Who is he? He's the best damned pilot in the galaxy!"
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#622 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

Oh that new teaser was AWESOME.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#623 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

Holy. Mutha Fuzuckin Nerf Herders!

That teaser WAS AMAZING!!!

Here BK

Spoiler

Oh gods, I'm a little kid again. Gleeful as if I'm hopped up on candy at Halloween talking about Christmas!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#624 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 April 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

Yea that's pretty balling. Loved seeing the Star Destroyer in sand. I was hoping for a
Spoiler
so that kinda made me smile. Carrie looks ruff these days. Is that Mustafar?

It totally could be Mustafar. It would actually make sense for Luke (once he learned all about his father...possibly from Anakin's Force Ghost? Or Obi-Wans? or Yoda's?) to visit the planet where he had his faithful dual with Obi-Wan...and where his mother and father parted ways. Mustafar could definitely be part of a pilgrimage he might make to come to terms with what his father did and why. It certainly looks like it.

#625 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:46 PM

Much preferred that to the first teaser.

I agree that the star destroyer in the sand is a great visual, that was probably my favourite shot from it.

I'm also kind of hoping that the old cast don't play too big a role in the film.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#626 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 April 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 16 April 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

Yea that's pretty balling. Loved seeing the Star Destroyer in sand. I was hoping for a
Spoiler
so that kinda made me smile. Carrie looks ruff these days. Is that Mustafar?

It totally could be Mustafar. It would actually make sense for Luke (once he learned all about his father...possibly from Anakin's Force Ghost? Or Obi-Wans? or Yoda's?) to visit the planet where he had his faithful dual with Obi-Wan...and where his mother and father parted ways. Mustafar could definitely be part of a pilgrimage he might make to come to terms with what his father did and why. It certainly looks like it.

It's possible, though it's not clear that its Musafar. The colour and the sparks fit, but the background doesn't give much away. I'd be curious as to how they tied it in, since I'm not sure what would be of importance out there. A pilgrimage is possible, but they'd then need to explain why he's waited until this point in time. Still, it's definitely workable. The background of that scene also looks a bit similar to the background of the sith shots around the 1.10 mark.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#627 User is offline   Grief 

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 April 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

I wouldn't worry much I'm sure Old cast will be about on par with the screen time of the JC, Mace, Yoda bits from 1-3.

That'd be fine, though it's also a question of what they do. Hoping we don't get Han Solo pandering to the extent of the Yoda pandering in parts of 1-3, but I'm trying to avoid getting too many expectations there. Playing fan favourites right is always going to be tricky.

Cougar said:

worry said:

#628 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:17 PM

View PostGrief, on 16 April 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

I'd be curious as to how they tied it in, since I'm not sure what would be of importance out there. A pilgrimage is possible, but they'd then need to explain why he's waited until this point in time. Still, it's definitely workable. The background of that scene also looks a bit similar to the background of the sith shots around the 1.10 mark.

From what we've heard about Luke in this, he had actively put himself into seclusion post-ROTJ fearing he might end up walking the same path as Anakin if he fully embraced his powers...think about that scene in ROTJ when he lets his rage fuel him as he fights Vader...inside him IS the potential to go dark if he lets it.

A pilgrimage to the places that figure into Anakin's story pre-Vader would make sense for him to put those ghosts to rest and find that he is NOT Anakin. Just a thought for how they could spin it.

As well, did everyone notice that the Lightsaber that Leia is handing to whomever in the shot where Luke says "My sister has it"...is Vaders?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

#629 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

that new teaser...was EPIC..

I got the feelz.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#630 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 April 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

I did really like
Spoiler

oh I think that VO was just lifted from ROTJ. Not that that necessarily refutes your idea.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#631 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostMcLovin, on 16 April 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 16 April 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

I did really like
Spoiler

oh I think that VO was just lifted from ROTJ. Not that that necessarily refutes your idea.

Except the last line "You have it" isn't from the ROTJ scene...so I figure Hamill re-recorded all of it...I mean why use thee lines from a 30 year old flick, and then record only one new one. Seems like a bit of a slapdash way to go about it.

#632 User is offline   Rictus 

• Captain

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:51 PM

Why, Chewie, you haven't aged a day!

#633 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 16 April 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

Except the last line "You have it" isn't from the ROTJ scene...so I figure Hamill re-recorded all of it...I mean why use thee lines from a 30 year old flick, and then record only one new one. Seems like a bit of a slapdash way to go about it.

No pretty sure even that line was there too, they just cleverly edited. But maybe I'm just high off the new trailer.

#634 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:33 PM

View PostRictus, on 16 April 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

Why, Chewie, you haven't aged a day!

He uses Nice n Easy on his fur.

#635 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:44 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-32344647

New trailer.
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#636 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:27 AM

Han Solo smiled. I was smiling too! ;)

#637 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

So a few more things revealed at Celebration so far. This stuff revealed by the props on display which have card that explain them.

1. The new faction of stormtroopers (and probably crossguarded lightsaber wielding Sith, Kylo Ren) who stand in front of that revised Imperial looking logo with the dark robed figures on the stage behind them...are actually officially called "The First Order"

2. The new T-70 X-Wing pilots (Poe Dameron chief among them) are a part of "The Resistance".

3. Though we know that Daisy Ridley's character in her sand scrubs/scavenger gear is called Rey...but her sweet box speederbike was on display and next to it the placard reads "Kira's Speeder". So it sounds like the rumour that Rey is simply her disguise name and Kira is her actual name...sounds like it pans out. Which is cool, I like Kira better anyway. ;)

Anyways, as to the other two changes. Here is what MAYBE occurred post ROTJ.

The cutting off of the two rotted heads at the top of the Imperial chain, would not just cause the Imperial government to fall. It would change, but too many citizens in the galaxy were under those laws to allow it to fall completely and abruptly (This is something that always bugged me about the New Republic springing up FAIRLY soon after ROTJ in the old EU). So perhaps the old Empire was kept in certain places and the Senate was reformed and space was split up between the old Imperial rule, and the option to go with the Alliance and form something new in another part of the galaxy (Yavin 4?)...so perhaps there is a benign Imperial government who maintain the status quo post ROTJ right? And the Rebel Alliance has formed their own government as well. The two have an uneasy alliance and understanding...but it's all good. Then a Sith arises, and basically co-opts those from within the new Imperial remnant (for lack of a better term) ranks to form the First Order...which is a terrorist organization that hold to pre-ROTJ ideals...especially under a Sith leader...so a Resistance is formed from the Alliance side of things to help the Empire repel these insurgents.

The imagery is very Nazi-ish in the teaser with the red and black banners, the upper echelons in black and the rank and file in white. And "Resistance" reminds me of occupied France in WWII...so less of an upgrade of name from Rebellion to Resistance...I think the latter is just a term for those that were chosen to FIGHT these terrorists?

Whatchoo guys fink?

EDIT: I didn't see this yet, but Celebration showed a cast list of names:

Han Solo
(Queen) Leia (Queen!!!!)
Luke Skywalker
Rey (Kira) (So Kira IS her real name. Good stuff!)
Finn
Kylo Ren
Poe Dameron
Rose (<-----I think this is Lupita Nuongo's character)
Chewbacca
C-3PO (See-Threepio)
The General (Gleeson)
Uber (Serkis) (<----huh, I thought he'd be Kylo Ren, apparently not?)
R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo)
BB-8

EDIT 2:

I LOVE, love, love this shot of Rey (Kira). It just gives me such a Classic Star Wars vibe. Very Ralph McQuarrie in nature.

Attached File  CCu5mLBXIAA5VLQ.jpg (28.84K)
Number of downloads: 0

EDIT Tha Third: Someone over at the Force.net forums freeze framed the shot where whomever is handing Anakin/Luke's saber to Leia, brightened it and showed as much as you can see of whomever is handing it to her...she'd have to be old and sitting when she does it...but it could be Ahsoka. The skin colour is correct, and you can KIND of see facial markings...and maybe that's who this Rose character is that Lupita is playing. I gotta say, Lupita as a live-action version of Ahsoka would be PERFECT. So I kinda hope that's what it is. But yeah, it might just be fan dreamery at this point.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

#638 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

There is all weekend but at different times. Check the official site.

I watched all the live stuff with Ian McDiarmid yesterday and it was awesome!

#639 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:43 AM

Oh man that trailer. The hype. So feeling it. XD now I think I have to go into anti-spoiler mode, sans official trailers.

Meanwhile: Star Wars Battlefront reveal trailer just dropped. Looks sick. Of course, I take "game engine content" disclaimers at the start to mean that it is not even mildly representative of gameplay, but it still looks awesome. As long as DICE stat true to the gameplay and EA don't force them to "CoD it up" and thereby ruin it, I'll be happy.

Been a good start to this weekend!

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#640 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

The first spinoff film, ROGUE ONE, the one with Felcity Jones in the lead and directed by Gareth Edwards is about...

Spoiler

And all the spinoff films will have the label of ANTHOLOGY, so it sounds like they are meant to fill out stuff we don't know.

I like it, could be a pretty sweet little military incursion flick concerning an event we know happened, but none of the particulars.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 19 April 2015 - 10:43 PM

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

11 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users