• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eclipse A New Dawn

#121 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostImperial Historian, on 13 October 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

Ok I'll pass, unless you still want that alliance? If so I'll put a cube of pop from materials on the alliance token and pass.

Done :blink:
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#122 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostTapper, on 14 October 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

It is time to demonstrate Orion's might. Cruiser flotilla's 1 and 2, the Hegemon relies on you. Defeat the Ancients, protect our future.

Move both my cruisers into 1E, please. Bankrupcy is imminent, I fear.

3 Money
3 Science
0 Materials

-track-
2 money
6 science
3 materials

-7 upkeep

Your cruiser only moves 1. Meaning that in order to move both you would need to actions. However, 1 should be enough to beat the ancient I think.

#123 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

So, did I find anything that might ease my economic plight in sector 3J?

ST
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#124 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

View PostSir Thursday, on 14 October 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

So, did I find anything that might ease my economic plight in sector 3J?

ST

Ah... right

map
Spoiler

#125 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 October 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

View PostTapper, on 14 October 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

It is time to demonstrate Orion's might. Cruiser flotilla's 1 and 2, the Hegemon relies on you. Defeat the Ancients, protect our future.

Move both my cruisers into 1E, please. Bankrupcy is imminent, I fear.

3 Money
3 Science
0 Materials

-track-
2 money
6 science
3 materials

-7 upkeep

Your cruiser only moves 1. Meaning that in order to move both you would need to actions. However, 1 should be enough to beat the ancient I think.

The Orion Hegemon is dissatisfied with the pedestrian speed of its fleets and urges its scientists to come up with something useful other than discovering Neutron Bomb yet again.
Should have paid attention to that, wouldn't have built the second cruiser had I noticed (so I could build a dreadnought sooner).
Oh well, live and learn. Please use the cruiser in the sector 2J.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#126 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

That makes it Ment's turn once more. IH and I have passed.

#127 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'll take a cube from the money track to put on that grey planet, please.

Current Resource Counts:

Money: 2
Science: 3
Materials: 3

Current Income:

Money: 6
Science: 3
Materials: 4

Upkeep: -7

ST
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#128 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

That seems like a really awful idea, Tapper. Even if you beat the Ancient with just one cruiser, to put a disc down after will put you at -10 upkeep. Even if you put a money cube on the grey planet, that's 3+3-10= -4 at upkeep time. You have a horrible conversion rate, so you'd have to take discs off both your non-money-making sectors to afford your own upkeep. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#129 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Ment's money is at 2 + 3 -7 = -2, and with removing his disc from the empty sector he'll be at 0, so I presume he is going to pass and will jump ahead to my action (which wouldn't be affected by Ment, anyways):

Hydrani - RESearch Advanced Robotics

Bank / Income / Upkeeps:

Money: 2 / +4 / -7
Science: 0 / +4
Materials: 8 / +8

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#130 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostD, on 14 October 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Ment's money is at 2 + 3 -7 = -2, and with removing his disc from the empty sector he'll be at 0, so I presume he is going to pass and will jump ahead to my action (which wouldn't be affected by Ment, anyways):

Bank / Income / Upkeeps:

You'll be at -10, not -7. Are you still initiating?

edit - wait never mind

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 14 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

#131 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 October 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

Bank / Income / Upkeeps:

edit - wait never mind

:blink:

Don't forget to take it off the tech board! (or was there 3 of them on there before?)

#132 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

View PostD, on 14 October 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

That seems like a really awful idea, Tapper. Even if you beat the Ancient with just one cruiser, to put a disc down after will put you at -10 upkeep. Even if you put a money cube on the grey planet, that's 3+3-10= -4 at upkeep time. You have a horrible conversion rate, so you'd have to take discs off both your non-money-making sectors to afford your own upkeep. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Well, essentially, I'll need that tile. Since you have the mats for a dreadnought, it seems unlikely I'll get access to it next round. I am unlikely to see a great many ancients that I can take on, and discovery is becoming a drag later on. Essentially, I'm a bit fucked by the tiles I discovered so far and how the board is built (and the absence of improved hull as science, I could have struck for the IGC otherwise).
Quite honestly, I'll gladly give up two research-only tiles that are accessible for me alone for a system that has some potency to it. Only reason why I didn't decline to place discs on those two was the fact that you can only discover tiles adjacent to your own (and build ships there).

Morghy, please change my action to both cruisers moving, the one from the homesystem to where the other one was built.

#133 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

I'm passing on my next go, by the way.

ST

#134 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostD, on 14 October 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

Bank / Income / Upkeeps:

edit - wait never mind

Don't forget to take it off the tech board! (or was there 3 of them on there before?)

There's only 1 left. The entire reason for my early pass that. I have however already drawn the new tiles, forgetting to save the image before doing so, but that's a minor inconvenience, surely.

If Ment and D'rek passes the round is over and I'll initiate the combat. I've found a good dice logging program I think, which will come in handy when I'm fighting battles too.

#135 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 14 October 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Bank / Income / Upkeeps:

edit - wait never mind

There's only 1 left. The entire reason for my early pass that. I have however already drawn the new tiles, forgetting to save the image before doing so, but that's a minor inconvenience, surely.

If Ment and D'rek passes the round is over and I'll initiate the combat. I've found a good dice logging program I think, which will come in handy when I'm fighting battles too.

I haven't passed yet?

#136 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostTapper, on 14 October 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 14 October 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Bank / Income / Upkeeps:

edit - wait never mind

I haven't passed yet?

... and Tapper. That's what I said.

#137 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Yup, I will pass next time it comes around to me.

#138 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostTapper, on 14 October 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Well, essentially, I'll need that tile. Since you have the mats for a dreadnought, it seems unlikely I'll get access to it next round. I am unlikely to see a great many ancients that I can take on, and discovery is becoming a drag later on. Essentially, I'm a bit fucked by the tiles I discovered so far and how the board is built (and the absence of improved hull as science, I could have struck for the IGC otherwise).
Quite honestly, I'll gladly give up two research-only tiles that are accessible for me alone for a system that has some potency to it. Only reason why I didn't decline to place discs on those two was the fact that you can only discover tiles adjacent to your own (and build ships there).

Morghy, please change my action to both cruisers moving, the one from the homesystem to where the other one was built.

I still have to build said dreadnaught, though, giving you the chance to send your cruiser in first. Would I still send them in after you do that, having to fight your cruiser (and probably the second one), and then the ancient, with you having defender's advantage? Who knows?!

#139 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostD, on 14 October 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

I still have to build said dreadnaught, though, giving you the chance to send your cruiser in first. Would I still send them in after you do that, having to fight your cruiser (and probably the second one), and then the ancient, with you having defender's advantage? Who knows?!

I judge it unlikely. Leaving the system untouched would probably see you take on the ancient next turn, though. At the least, that's what I'd do in your place :blink:

#140 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostTapper, on 14 October 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

View PostD, on 14 October 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

I judge it unlikely. Leaving the system untouched would probably see you take on the ancient next turn, though. At the least, that's what I'd do in your place :blink:

But I'm saying what if you had waited to next turn and then sent in your cruiser to that sector on your first action, since I would spend my first action building the dreadnaught. It's still not leaving the system untouched, just delayed to next round. I guess if I saw you do that though, I'd trade my science to afford upkeep and build two dreadnaughts to send and try to beat both your cruisers and the ancient. Not sure what the odds on winning that would be, though...

Share this topic:

• 41 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users