Malazan Empire: Blend becomes a Dresdencrackhead - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blend becomes a Dresdencrackhead I wanted my own topic too!

#21 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostBlend, on 17 October 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 17 October 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Necromancers and
Spoiler
, right.

Yes!!!! When Bob possessed it I was practically cheering out loud and laughing hysterically!

Spoiler

This post has been edited by champ: 17 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#22 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Just finished Turn Coat and I think it has just bumped the rest as my favorite one so far. Even though Harry's headaches, which sounded like they were going to be important somehow didn't end up being anything more important than usual. The whole connection with Demonreach thing was super cool, and I am quite looking forward to finding out what is so important about the island that has Injun Joe, Gatekeeper, and McCoy all worried.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#23 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Phew, finished Changes this past weekend, and what a read. I can't believe that they wiped out every single Red Court vampire, period. That's just, insane! And poor Harry, having to kill Susan must have been the hardest thing he's ever done. I have to say though, the entire fight at Chichen Itza was just amazing! Karrin Murphy with Fidellacchius was inspired. All in all, it was an incredible read, I couldn't put it down! I hate cliff-hanger endings like that though. As if he killed off Harry!

I've now begun Ghost Story, so I know that he's a ghost and such, but still.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#24 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostBlend, on 22 October 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Phew, finished Changes this past weekend, and what a read. I can't believe that they wiped out every single Red Court vampire, period. That's just, insane! And poor Harry, having to kill Susan must have been the hardest thing he's ever done. I have to say though, the entire fight at Chichen Itza was just amazing! Karrin Murphy with Fidellacchius was inspired. All in all, it was an incredible read, I couldn't put it down! I hate cliff-hanger endings like that though. As if he killed off Harry!

I've now begun Ghost Story, so I know that he's a ghost and such, but still.

Every fricking red court vampire!!!

I feel the same way! Awesome!!

You know what I really like about this series? What I have been wanting for years and years and years? Is for a series to show the rise of the "bad" guy and how it all seems hopeless and then a hero emerges! Each book Harry faces something bad, sometimes worse than the last book and the world is getting a lot worse even though he is triumphant. It looks as though he is being used as a catspaw throughout. There is an unseen enemy. People are only just starting to realise it. It encompasses the whole world and beyond. Gods are involved. Angels, archangels. Dragons. Ghosts. Vampires, Faeries etc. It is building and building and one man stands in its way. Winning little victories here and there but also gaining more and more allies as he goes along. Not many other wizards have his connections. He has allies from different communties whether it be Vampires, Wizards, Faeries, Gods or Criminals. He probably is going to need them even more as time goes by. My mind is twirling on a tangent just thinking about it, I want to mention other things but the main theme I love is that things are getting worse. No matter what he does they are going to get worse. For the next 5 books at least :p I like the hidden enemies. The hidden goals. Who is the puppet master? There must be one right? I am excited!!!!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#25 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I hated the Red Court anyway. What a bunch of butt humps.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#26 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

View Postworrywort, on 22 October 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

Yeah, they definitely stopped being interesting after Bianca died. White Court are much better, and even Black Court are much creepier. Gonna be interesting when Mavra pops back up.

#27 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostBlend, on 25 October 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

Yeah, they definitely stopped being interesting after Bianca died. White Court are much better, and even Black Court are much creepier. Gonna be interesting when Mavra pops back up.

The Red Court maintained a full blown war against the White Council for ten books.
They angered McCoy enough to make him drop a satellite on them.
Their goblin sidekicks prompted Harry to some fairly cold-blooded levels.
They gave Morgan possibly his sole moment of awesome in the series.
AND they were the impetus for CHANGES.

So i disagree.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#28 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostAbyss, on 25 October 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 25 October 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

The Red Court maintained a full blown war against the White Council for ten books.
They angered McCoy enough to make him drop a satellite on them.
Their goblin sidekicks prompted Harry to some fairly cold-blooded levels.
They gave Morgan possibly his sole moment of awesome in the series.
AND they were the impetus for CHANGES.

So i disagree.

I think it's because after Harry killed Bianca, the only time the Red Council were directly involved in the story was when Harry had the duel with Ortega. Otherwise they've basically been in the background. We got updates on them, but aside from Bianca, Ortega, and Ortega's widow in Edinburgh at the beginning of Changes, we don't really ever deal with the Red Court vampires in the story until the war at Chichen Itza.

#29 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

There's a Jade Court that might pop up later.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#30 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

How awesome is the Grendelkin? Just putting that out there. Or re direct this post if you want

#31 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostTattersail, on 26 October 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

How awesome is the Grendelkin? Just putting that out there. Or re direct this post if you want

I dont recall a single time I thought the Cheshire Cat was awesome. Is he in cold days and you already have it or something?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#32 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

View PostObdigore, on 26 October 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

View PostTattersail, on 26 October 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

I dont recall a single time I thought the Cheshire Cat was awesome. Is he in cold days and you already have it or something?

Have you read Side Jobs? I thought it was a good story arc, no spoilers though.

#33 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

I believe I've read every story that was in Side Jobs. I'd have to check when I get home to see if I have side jobs. I think so?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#34 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostObdigore, on 26 October 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

I believe I've read every story that was in Side Jobs. I'd have to check when I get home to see if I have side jobs. I think so?

He's in there, only a short story but I liked it.

#35 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm not understanding the leap between Grendelkin and Cheshire Cat. But that story is called Heorot and was pretty entertaining, if one of the goofier ones in Side Jobs.

#36 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

I did some quick googling and you might have mixed up Grendelkin with Grimalkin? Which is kind of funny, because Dresden's malks -- talking cat like creatures in the Undertown -- are likely derived from Grimalkin, and malks do also make an appearance in Heorot.

#37 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Well that is what I was thinking. The malks connection anyway and Harry's illusion.

#38 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Well I was talking to Obdi, who I think confused the two terms but it had a coincidental Dresden connection anyway. I'm not referring to plot at all.

#39 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

View Postworrywort, on 26 October 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

I did some quick googling and you might have mixed up Grendelkin with Grimalkin? Which is kind of funny, because Dresden's malks -- talking cat like creatures in the Undertown -- are likely derived from Grimalkin, and malks do also make an appearance in Heorot.

Wasn't the demon that was acting as Mab's VOICE in Changes and Turn Coat a malk or something along those lines as well?

This post has been edited by Blend: 29 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

#40 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostBlend, on 29 October 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

View Postworrywort, on 26 October 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Wasn't the demon that was acting as Mab's VOICE in Changes and Turn Coast a malk or something along those lines as well?

Yep.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users