• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lady Bliss goes Dresdencrackhead

#21 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Ok, I said I didn't get the hype after reading book 1, although I still loved it, but book 2 is amazing. I said I'd eat my words, so I'm eating them.

I know it's minor, but my favorite part is when Dresden blasts a hole in the wall at the police station, and as he's moving through it, his only thought is how he wished he was wearing his black duster, because it would look badass. Dresden is a fn' P.I.M.P.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#22 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

Good to see you're enjoying it Brujah. As many others have said though, if you enjoyed the first few at all, you'll love what comes after book 3.

I just finished a reread of CHANGES and couldn't stop myself from going straight on to GHOST STORY, and there are so many of those moments like you mentioned above. Some of Dresden's internal thoughts are hilarious.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#23 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostBinder of Demons, on 15 September 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

Good to see you're enjoying it Brujah. As many others have said though, if you enjoyed the first few at all, you'll love what comes after book 3.

I just finished a reread of CHANGES and couldn't stop myself from going straight on to GHOST STORY, and there are so many of those moments like you mentioned above. Some of Dresden's internal thoughts are hilarious.

His character is a great. I'm quite fond of him. His fragility, his open soul, including his weaknesses, makes him very genuine, yet It's as if his fragility and weaknesses are his greatest strengths, if that makes sense.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users